PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Royals Sept. 6-8: HALF PRICE STUDENT NIGHTS!

ewokpelts
08-25-2005, 05:48 PM
From the "White Sox Wire" email.

BACK TO SCHOOL DAYS!
September 6-8 vs. the Royals are Back to School Days at U.S. Cellular Field. Show your student ID at the ballpark ticket windows on the day of the game and receive a half-price game ticket!*

*One ticket per student ID; based on availability

Enjoy!
Gene

p.s. Please sticky

ilsox7
08-25-2005, 06:06 PM
From the "White Sox Wire" email.

BACK TO SCHOOL DAYS!
September 6-8 vs. the Royals are Back to School Days at U.S. Cellular Field. Show your student ID at the ballpark ticket windows on the day of the game and receive a half-price game ticket!*

*One ticket per student ID; based on availability

Enjoy!
Gene

p.s. Please sticky

Stupid question...but any kind of student? Or is this a junor high/high school thing?

HotelWhiteSox
08-25-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm guessing college students as well, with the schools in the city being around the corner and them starting by that week as well.

Good move, these games would probably be the hardest sell out of the remaining ones.

ilsox7
08-25-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm guessing college students as well, with the schools in the city being around the corner and them starting by that week as well.

Good move, these games would probably be the hardest sell out of the remaining ones.

Agreed. And there is a good chance I will get out to one of them with my new law school ID. May be my last chance to get to a game this year!

chisoxmike
08-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Is it me, or is the fact you can only buy one ticket per ID stupid. What happens when you go with a few friends, do each of you have to go one by one and buy a ticket?

They're not that stupid are they?

DrummerGeorgefan
08-25-2005, 08:10 PM
the blackhawks have had a similar student promotion for a few years...not half off, but an $8 ticket in the upper tank. you basically could walk up with a few guys all flash IDs and get a group of like 10, even if you only had like 4 guys there.

I think its a great idea and something that will keep the crowd lively in september. Nothing makes noise in a stadium better than yelling 10-20 year olds.

Soxoholic
08-25-2005, 08:22 PM
This is kind of a bad promotion. It would be a lot better in May when you are getting out of school and returning to the city. At least for college students aged 18+. I mean there is a large fanbase of students at school like Illinois, Purdue, Nothern, Eastern, Western, Depaul, Loyola, College of Dupage, etc etc and to have it on a school night in the middle of the week. Thats kinda of shady. It would be perfect for like 1st week of June mid week when most college aged and high schools are done.

ilsox7
08-25-2005, 08:26 PM
This is kind of a bad promotion. It would be a lot better in May when you are getting out of school and returning to the city. At least for college students aged 18+. I mean there is a large fanbase of students at school like Illinois, Purdue, Nothern, Eastern, Western, Depaul, Loyola, College of Dupage, etc etc and to have it on a school night in the middle of the week. Thats kinda of shady. It would be perfect for like 1st week of June mid week when most college aged and high schools are done.

There are an absolute ton of college students in downtown Chicago. This makes perfect sense. Now it also may make sense to do another series like this in June, but those areg ames that generally draw good crowds. A September series against KC is perfect to get an extra 1000 or so people in the park.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-25-2005, 08:53 PM

Yeah - it is dumb to want college kids to come to the games. There are only over 100,000 college students within an hour of Comiskey - what were they thinking. Not to mention hundreds of thousands of grade and high school students also within an hours drive. Fire Brooks Boyer.

ewokpelts
08-30-2005, 02:03 PM
el bumpo...cmon guys tell your college buddies....if it's successful, they may bring it back next year....

Gene

Soxzilla
08-30-2005, 10:10 PM
I may have to check it out, I go to Roosevelt and I start school on the 7th.

Thanks for the heads up ewok.

One question though, is it just for upper deck tix?

Sox of White
08-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Already in school at IIT. This sounds like a great idea to me. I am dirt poor, and I love going to Sox games. What a great solution!

ewokpelts
08-31-2005, 12:15 AM
I may have to check it out, I go to Roosevelt and I start school on the 7th.

Thanks for the heads up ewok.

One question though, is it just for upper deck tix?
not from what i read....
Gene