PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Levine blows

PatK
08-25-2005, 04:14 PM
This so-called "Chicago baseball insider" should just be called a Cubs fan.

He's on with Harry and JD, and he couldn't seem less enthused that the Sox won today.

Bruce doesn't have anything positive to say about the game, but plenty of time to emphasize the negative.

Could he say it was a good win? Nope, it was a boring game, just like the last two (according to him).

Could he say that Garland pitched a great game? Nope, he's gotta go on the record saying that Jon needs to rest up, because he's pitched a lot of innings and will be burned out if the Sox make the playoffs.

When asked about what he thought about the call with Konerko in the ninth, his reply was "It gave Hawk something to talk about".

Bruce seems so disinterested EVERY time he talks about the Sox. He gives the impression that the only reason he ever talks about them is because it's part of his job.

I almost can't wait for the Sox to be on the Score, because hopefully I'll never have to hear his whiney you-know-what again.

CHISOXFAN13
08-25-2005, 04:15 PM

He's on with Harry and JD, and he couldn't seem less enthused that the Sox won today.

Bruce doesn't have anything positive to say about the game, but plenty of time to emphasize the negative.

Could he say it was a good win? Nope, it was a boring game, just like the last two (according to him).

Could he say that Garland pitched a great game? Nope, he's gotta go on the record saying that Jon needs to rest up, because he's pitched a lot of innings and will be burned out if the Sox make the playoffs.

When asked about what he thought about the call with Konerko in the ninth, his reply was "It gave Hawk something to talk about".

Bruce seems so disinterested EVERY time he talks about the Sox. He gives the impression that the only reason he ever talks about them is because it's part of his job.

I almost can't wait for the Sox to be on the Score, because hopefully I'll never have to hear his whiney you-know-what again.

Listening is a skill. If you are going to blast someone at least get the facts straight. Dickerson said it was boring, and Levine disagreed.

UofCSoxFan
08-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Listening is a skill.

Mom is that you? j/k

MsSoxVixen22
08-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Did you guys hear him say we should trade Crede for Corey Patterson? :?: ***. Corey sucks, he can't hit, he can field for $hit. I'm sorry, I'll take Crede with his great plays and great arm anyday. Let's just get the bat going again Crede!

HotelWhiteSox
08-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Might as well call him the Cubs Expert rather than the station's baseball expert. He was jokingly mad at them for having to fill in, saying this was his day off, and he only gets a few of them in the baseball season. Translation: The Cubs are off.

I would say he sounds unenthused because that's how he regularly talks, but I was listening to Mac Jurko and Harry last week, and he did a live update from a day game at the Urinal when they were winning, I never heard him so happy, he screamed "Live from Wrigley Field, Bruce Levineeee!", I wanted to smash my radio in

Banix12
08-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Did you guys hear him say we should trade Crede for Corey Patterson? :?: ***. Corey sucks, he can't hit, he can field for $hit. I'm sorry, I'll take Crede with his great plays and great arm anyday. Let's just get the abt going again Crede!

Not to mention that the sox already have an everyday CF and the cubs already have an everyday 3b.

The absurdity of Bruce Levine being called an "insider" is he is almost always wrong. I can't think of one time this year where he has come out with "breaking insider information" where he has actually been correct.

I bet he still thinks Wes Helms would have been a great backup SS.

hawkjt
08-25-2005, 04:49 PM
To be fair he was defending Crede when a caller said trade for someone and Bruce said there were no any great 3rd basemen available and mockingly said Corey Patterson.

He also was defending the excitement in a 1-0 game but JD was saying how boring it was.

He is very hesitant to question the umps.

Letmehearya
08-25-2005, 05:39 PM
I lost faith in that guy years ago when he "scooped" everyone with the Bobby Bonilla signing. "Press conference tomorrow at New Comiskey Park." What a terd.

HotelWhiteSox
08-25-2005, 05:42 PM
According to him, KW had deals for Randa and Graffanino, but was topped by San Diego and Boston. Hmmm...

TornLabrum
08-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Did you guys hear him say we should trade Crede for Corey Patterson? :?: ***. Corey sucks, he can't hit, he can field for $hit. I'm sorry, I'll take Crede with his great plays and great arm anyday. Let's just get the bat going again Crede!

That's called a joke. He followed that up by saying something like, "You're not buying that, huh?"

soxwon
08-25-2005, 05:47 PM

i think it was him who said he didnt see a clear picture of the konerko play.
either way !! what a dope.

soxwon
08-25-2005, 05:48 PM

Patterson- Where would he play?...... Hawk

Optipessimism
08-25-2005, 06:19 PM

Great idea! Then the Cubs can stick Ramirez in CF, and the strikeout king can play 3B! ***?

RallyBowl
08-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Great thread title!

veeter
08-25-2005, 06:36 PM
The more time goes on in this great but trying season, avoiding the media is becoming paramount. From the sensationalistic CubTimes, idiots like Levine(line) to the reactionary, off-the-cuff radio a-holes, there's no truth. My reality is what actually happens during the games, my dad and the great posters on this site. The city and country is freaking and as the Sox progress it's only going to get worse.

DrCrawdad
08-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Here's a question to ask Bruce LeVineLine, excluding the Crosstown Series, how many road games of the Cubs have you covered? How many road games of the Sox have you covered?

From what I recall, LeVineLine has covered at least two Cubs road series and none of the Sox. He was at the Cubs season opener at Arizona and then on May 3 WHEN THE SOX WERE HOME PLAYING THE ROYALS, LeVineLine covered the Cubs in Milwaukee.

I'll take a bet that LeVineLine dodges the question and goes after the questioner.

Over By There
08-26-2005, 08:32 AM
I hate to pile on, but what the heck. Levine annoyed me this week. I happened to be listening to the pre-game show on two consecutive nights earlier this week. This was while the Cubs were in town playing the Braves. On both of these occasions, "ESPN 1000's Baseball Expert" spent his time on the White Sox pre-game show interviewing Atlanta Braves. The first night was all puff, "celebrating" Julio Franco's birthday. It really helped get me ready for the Sox game, thanks Bruce. The second night, he interviewed Bobby Cox. At least that had some relevance because they talked about Bobby's perspective on Ozzie. Still, you would think Bruce could come up with a few minutes of interesting analysis on the White Sox instead of focusing on whatever is happening at the Shrine that day.

PatK
08-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Listening is a skill. If you are going to blast someone at least get the facts straight. Dickerson said it was boring, and Levine disagreed.

You may be correct on that point. Maybe I didn't hear that right because I was at work.

But what about the other points?

I've got no problem with him being a Cubs fan, but he should at least make an effort to cover them without a tone of disdain in his voice. Jurko by all admission is a Cub fan, but he at least puts his dislike aside more often than not, and certainly more often than the "baseball insider".

Plus, he's always like "I love Hawk", yet all he does is bash him, especially over his comments on the umpiring. His rant on Hawk ruining broadcasts with it yesterday was just silly.

I realize that he sometimes has a dry tone and saracastic wit, so some of what he says can easily be miscontrued. But still, that doesn't cover up that most of the time he sounds like he's just not interested in discussing the Sox.

harwar
08-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Bryan Dolgin does a great job but ever since Dave Wills left bruce levine is more and more out of the closet as a cub fan.
He can barely conceal it these days even unto throwing a fit around 10 days ago because the cubs had just had yet another crushing defeat.
He was ranting and raving and poor Bryan didn't know what to do.
Bill Melton should have a little talk with mr.levine in some back room.

DaleJRFan
08-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Patterson- Where would he play?...... Hawk

He could take Chris Young's spot on the AA Roster when he's traded for Griffey/Sweeney/Dimitri/whomever...

miker
08-26-2005, 02:29 PM
That's called a joke. He followed that up by saying something like, "You're not buying that, huh?"
It's hard to distinquish his jokes from his legitimate reporting.