PDA

View Full Version : Dynamite local Sox coverage

Craig Grebeck
08-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Out here in Rockford, it's no secret that we have the world's worst local news, but tonight's sportscast took the cake. After the Flubs highlights (if you want to call them that) i eagerly awaited word on the Sox game...only to hear the following:

"aaaand the sox tonight won their game against the twins...They came back in the ninth inning, but it was not enough. They've lost something like 9 of 10, I believe. Ok thats sports, Emily, back to you!"

verbatim

seriously

no highlights, just an off the cuff comment

soxjim
08-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Out here in Rockford, it's no secret that we have the world's worst local news, but tonight's sportscast took the cake. After the Flubs highlights (if you want to call them that) i eagerly awaited word on the Sox game...only to hear the following:

"aaaand the sox tonight won their game against the twins...They came back in the ninth inning, but it was not enough. They've lost something like 9 of 10, I believe. Ok thats sports, Emily, back to you!"

verbatim

seriously

Saw a similar thing. Prior's 7 strike outs were the high light on the channel I watched.

ChiSoxRowand
08-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Rockford media=worst sports coverage in america

skobabe8
08-24-2005, 11:47 PM

verbatim

seriously

LOL....come on....that has to be a joke.

Iwritecode
08-25-2005, 12:39 AM

verbatim

seriously

That's why I love Sportsnight on CSN. I never watch the local news expecting any decent sports highlights.

chitownhawkfan
08-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Get out of Rockford ASAP.

Viva Medias B's
08-25-2005, 07:07 AM
Boom goes the dynamite.

soxjim
08-25-2005, 07:23 AM
You got that right. This morning watching the news, the sports coverage was another cub injury. The SOX score was only on the ticker.

Hangar18
08-25-2005, 08:11 AM

verbatim

seriously

Thanks for the update ......... I'll bet big money that the station in question
is a Tribune affiliated/WB station. Am I correct?

Iwritecode
08-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the update ......... I'll bet big money that the station in question
is a Tribune affiliated/WB station. Am I correct?

You obvioulsy haven't read our newspaper either. Judging by local news stations and newspapers, this town is full of Packer fans and Cubs fans... :(:

Palehose Pete
08-25-2005, 09:36 AM
http://www.thestatrix.com/images/staringsmith.jpg

"I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."

I grew up in Rockford. This pretty much sums up how I felt about it before I moved to Chicago.

JRIG
08-25-2005, 09:41 AM
You obvioulsy haven't read our newspaper either. Judging by local news stations and newspapers, this town is full of Packer fans and Cubs fans... :(:

You guys could always listen to the radio to get your sports news. I know for a fact the Sox are covered in depth during the morning show on WROK.

Hitmen77
08-25-2005, 10:12 AM

Isn't that fitting for the worst city in America? Rockford has been rated the worst city in America several times in national surveys. Like Chitownhawkfan said, GET OUT OF ROCKFORD ASAP!

Iwritecode
08-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Isn't that fitting for the worst city in America? Rockford has been rated the worst city in America several times in national surveys. Like Chitownhawkfan said, GET OUT OF ROCKFORD ASAP!

Hey now! We were only rated 498 out of 500...

We did get the distinction of most afforabe housing though! If you see the houses you'll know why they are so affordable.