PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Cell tomorrow

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-24-2005, 11:28 PM
My father got invited to tour the cell tomorrow and he's taking the whole fam. Since we get U.S. Cellular phones i guess we get this tour..or something. Anywho, we get to wlak around the cell, go in the dugout, snag grounders in the field, and eat lunch at the bull pen sports bar. I'll be sure to post the pics once they come in. The awsome thing is they're gunna be playing the game on the jumbotron the whole time. I'm looking forward to a really fun time.

ChiSoxGirl
08-24-2005, 11:37 PM
My father got invited to tour the cell tomorrow and he's taking the whole fam. Since we get U.S. Cellular phones i guess we get this tour..or something. Anywho, we get to wlak around the cell, go in the dugout, snag grounders in the field, and eat lunch at the bull pen sports bar. I'll be sure to post the pics once they come in. The awsome thing is they're gunna be playing the game on the jumbotron the whole time. I'm looking forward to a really fun time.

That is beyond awesome! Have a great time, and I look forward to your pictures! Opening The Cell and inviting fans in to watch the game on the Jumbotron and eat in the Bullpen Sports Bar would be ideal during the postseason.

C'mon Brooks, you hooked us up with the Core of the Core Night; work your magic for the road playoff games! :thumbsup:

chisoxfanatic
08-25-2005, 12:58 AM
That is beyond awesome! Have a great time, and I look forward to your pictures! Opening The Cell and inviting fans in to watch the game on the Jumbotron and eat in the Bullpen Sports Bar would be ideal during the postseason.

C'mon Brooks, you hooked us up with the Core of the Core Night; work your magic for the road playoff games! :thumbsup:

But the neighborhood is so terrible...Why would you want a bunch of rabid Sox fans partying over at 35th and Shields adding to the unbearable crime of the Bridgeport neighborhood?

Brooks Boyer has done an outstanding job this year, and I'm sure he'd figure something out!

skobabe8
08-25-2005, 01:05 AM

Thats beyond awesome! I'll switch to US Cellular right now if they can treat me to a day at the Cell too!

harwar
08-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Its great to wonder around a ballpark when there is no game.
Like its sleeping.
I remember my uncle and i wondering around old Comiskey when it was empty.
The same feeling i had when going into a deserted cathedral.
Have fun.

Hangar18
08-25-2005, 09:08 AM

Are you a season ticket holder? I thought they did this for season ticketholders too .........

steff
08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Are you a season ticket holder? I thought they did this for season ticketholders too .........

Yea. At the ST holders party we get to do all this plus tour the press booths. Didn't have one this year though.. :whiner:

dickallen15
08-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Yea. At the ST holders party we get to do all this plus tour the press booths. Didn't have one this year though.. :whiner:

As of last week, they claimed they were still planning to have one.

steff
08-25-2005, 09:24 AM
As of last week, they claimed they were still planning to have one.

I know. But usually it's already happened. I have a feeling it will get lost in the planning of the post season.

jake27
08-25-2005, 09:27 AM
one of the coolest feeling in the world is if your one of the 1st people to come in the ballpark and the stadium is almost empty for a few minutes. i would switch to us cellular in a minuate if i was offered a tour of the ball park and was able to take grounders

Hangar18
08-25-2005, 09:48 AM
I know. But usually it's already happened. I have a feeling it will get lost in the planning of the post season.

Yeah ........I agree, postseason planning will get in the way.......

Jerko
08-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah ........I agree, postseason planning will get in the way.......

I'd give up the ST holder party every year for that nagging little thing called the PLAYOFFS! Steff's right though, the ST party is usually over by now.

ewokpelts
08-25-2005, 11:39 AM
there was no party last year....and no playoffs...

Gene

SOXPHILE
08-25-2005, 11:47 AM
My dad and I got to do that in 1998. A friend of his who had season tickets couldn't go, so he gave us the pass/tickets. It was after the season was over. In fact, we went on a Sunday, the morning after the Cubs had been eliminated by the Braves in the Wild Card. It was alot of fun. We were able to wonder around the entire outfield-(couldn't go on the infield or homeplate area, it was roped off),- hang out in both dugouts, and the Sox clubhouse. Sort of had a "Field Of Dreams" moment too, because we brought our mitts and played catch in center field along with a bunch of other fathers and sons. Took a ton of pictures. Great day all around. I know I don't need to say this, but have fun ! (How could you not ? )

sas1974
08-25-2005, 11:53 AM
there was no party last year....and no playoffs...

Gene

:reinsy
"You got your BBQ utensil set as a ST holder gift. Have your own party."

Jerko
08-25-2005, 11:56 AM
I know they always deep six the group leader party when they are doing renovations. That's usually in March.