PDA

View Full Version : 8/24 Lineup

Argalarga
08-24-2005, 06:50 PM
LF Perez

*vomits, passes out*

HotelWhiteSox
08-24-2005, 06:54 PM
At least he is one of the players that actually gets hits! Everyone picks on Timo and Blum but they are getting on base and it's the others who are putting up doughnuts: Everett, Rowand, Dye, Uribe, Pierzynski, etc, these guys can't hit their way out of a paper bag right now

UofCSoxFan
08-24-2005, 06:58 PM
When you wake up lying in a puddle of your own vomit...would you mind posting the rest of the lineup?

Argalarga
08-24-2005, 07:01 PM
LF Perez
2B Gooch
DH Jurassic Carl
1B Konerko
C AJ
RF Dye
CF Rowand
3B Crede
2B Uribe

:?:

HotelWhiteSox
08-24-2005, 07:02 PM
per MLB.com

Timo - LF
Iguchi - 2B
Everett - DH
Konerko - 1B
Pierzynski - C
Dye - RF
Rowand - CF
Crede - 3B
Uribe - SS

Patrick134
08-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Enough of the Timo bashing. He's a fill in, playing because Pods is on the dl. Timo has had a few huge hits this year. The 2 run double last week against the twins ( i know we lost that game in extras, but the timo hit was huge at the time), the big single to beat the Angels being another one. Timo is no all-star, but most teams don't have all-star leadoff hitters on the bench in case theirs goes down.

As for tomorrows game, Timo was 7-12 off Silva last year, but i fully expect the Timo bashers to whine about Timo in tomorrows line-up as well.

Argalarga
08-24-2005, 07:14 PM
My problem with Timo is that he just doesn't bring a lot to the roster. He has no power and he's slow. Sure, Pods has no power. But everytime he's on base, he makes something happen. Timo can't do that. I'd much rather see Ozuna or Willie Harris leading off. At least they can create runs on their own.

Timo does get a bad rap, yeah. But the bottom line is that he's not that good, and right now we need more than what he brings to the table.

maurice
08-24-2005, 07:18 PM
At least he is one of the players that actually gets hits!

No, he doesn't. This year, he's batting .216. In the month of August, despite regular playing time, he's batting .171. That's awful.

Timo is bashed because he blows. Ozzie is out of his mind for giving 139 ABs to this dog and batting him 1st and 5th. He should be strictly a PH or a minor-leaguer.

DickAllen72
08-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Timo filling in in LF tonight doesn't bother me, but the fact that he's leading off is ridiculous.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-24-2005, 07:19 PM
I think the problem with Timo is Ozzie - he shouldn't be leading off.

I don't understand why a player who is possibly a split second faster than say Iguchi or Rowand, if he is at all, needs to lead off.

I would submit this lineup: Iguchi, Rowand, Everett, Konerko, AJ, Dye, Crede, Uribe, Timo. That way the pressure isn't on your .216 / low OBP player to start something. I would also play Anderson more - why have him up to pinch run in the ninth. He is the Greatest American Hero doncha know.

Mr. White Sox
08-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Timo filling in in LF tonight doesn't bother me, but the fact that he's leading off is ridiculous.

Oh? It bothers me quite a bit. Give Aaron, Everett or Dye - guys that are REALLY scuffling - some rest and let BA start in the OF; he should get a chance to face a non-cy young caliber pitcher for a change. I really don't want him in the lineup against:
-Carlos Silva
-Felix Hernandez

CHISOXFAN13
08-24-2005, 07:22 PM

Right. The only thing that bugs me is where he is hitting, because with Pods healthy and in Timo's place, this is the lineup we should see everyday.

Timo does have a few colossal homers in Minny. Here's hoping the trend continues.

tacosalbarojas
08-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Oh? It bothers me quite a bit. Give Aaron, Everett or Dye - guys that are REALLY scuffling - some rest and let BA start in the OF; he should get a chance to face a non-cy young caliber pitcher for a change. I really don't want him in the lineup against:
-Carlos Silva
-Felix HernandezNot to mention the fact that Ozuna was the only guy getting on base last night. Why not give him a second shot in the starting lineup?

mantis1212
08-24-2005, 07:36 PM
I think the problem with Timo is Ozzie - he shouldn't be leading off.

Right, I need to second that- Timo Perez should not be leading off.

What about Rowand? He's been good as a leadoff guy in the past. If Ozzie is so worried about the lefty-righty-lefty thing, there's plenty of righties at the bottom of the linup to mix Timo in with...

infohawk
08-24-2005, 07:46 PM
My problem with Timo is that he just doesn't bring a lot to the roster. He has no power and he's slow. Sure, Pods has no power. But everytime he's on base, he makes something happen. Timo can't do that. I'd much rather see Ozuna or Willie Harris leading off. At least they can create runs on their own.

Timo does get a bad rap, yeah. But the bottom line is that he's not that good, and right now we need more than what he brings to the table.

I'd rather see Anderson get the start. I believe he has more upside than Timo. Let Aaron lead off. Thank goodness Pods will be back soon!!!

CYGarland20
08-24-2005, 07:52 PM
It's time for a lineup change, because this #$#@ isn't working!! I wish Ozzie would get his head out of his A$$. Here's the lineup he should go w/ till Pods get's back.....Rowand, Iguchi, Everett, PK, Dye, AJ, Crede, Timo, Uribe......

HotelWhiteSox
08-24-2005, 08:01 PM
No, he doesn't. This year, he's batting .216. In the month of August, despite regular playing time, he's batting .171. That's awful.

The .216 is a small sample size, I don't look at batting average for bench guys, because of sample size and it's not easy when you don't get at bats. He still isn't play everyday, but I'd like to see what that .171 this month or whatever his batting average for the last couple of weeks is compared to that of Rowand, Dye, Pierzynski, etc. He's a back up, this just in, Anderson can't hit a lick either, he's been overmatched in his at bats, that leaves us with who? Pablo? His defense would cost us any game

JRIG
08-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Hey guys --

If another mod says I'm wrong here, please let me know...

but today's lineup (or any day's lineup) is a topic best discussed in the Game Day Thread. They'll occasionally be spillover, but that thread is usually up as early as possible and is specifically designed to handle thoughts on that day's contest.

Thanks.

JRIG
08-24-2005, 08:22 PM

Timo doesn't get a bad rap. He's a ****ty player. He can't hit, has no power, is horrible defensively, takes awful routes to fly balls, has no speed on the basepaths, is a dumb baserunner, has no business leading off, and his presence on the roster leads Ozzie to do retarded **** like pinch hit for Iguchi in the 9th yesterday.

Perez is a complete and total waste of a roster spot.

maurice
08-25-2005, 12:20 PM
The .216 is a small sample size

No, it's not. Ozzie has given him an absurd number of starts, resulting in 62 games played and 143 ABs. That's statistically significant. Besides, it's not like Perez usually is a .300 AVE / 1.000 OPS hitter. His career numbers are an extremely unimpressive .265 AVE / .304 OBP / .378 SLG / .682 OPS, and they're all in the midst of a 3-year decline. Maybe you could pull that off if you're an outstanding defensive C or SS, or a player with absurd speed . . . but when you're an average-speed corner OF, those numbers buy you a 1-way ticket to AAA . . . unless the manager is your close friend.

Anderson can't hit a lick either

Congratulations, you just won the award for stupidest post of the day! In 1 breath, you complain that 143 ABs is an insufficient sample size and then claim that a sample size of 13 ABs (all against top pitchers) proves that a 23-year-old, top-rated rookie "can't hit a lick." That's retarded.

Besides, at least Anderson can hit for power, catch, run, and throw. Perez only can throw.