PDA

View Full Version : Time for WSI to Show the Sox Some Love?

TomBradley72
08-24-2005, 04:30 PM
OK...I'm obsessed with helping the White Sox "refill" their tank attitude wise. I know this sounds like a very corny idea...but if what if we sent them something from the "WSI'ers"...I'm not sure what it would be....

I'm picturing a big box or something showing up at the clubhouse in Seattle or Texas...they open it up...it's something goofy with a note from us saying "we're with you all the way, etc. Maybe something that could become a good luck charm the rest of the way? So they feel the love of their fans with all the media, etc. predicting they'll choke?

Maybe this a very stupid idea...what do you guys think?:?:

Lip Man 1
08-24-2005, 04:31 PM
:?:

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
08-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Why not guillotine all the doubters, place all their severed heads in a giant box and deliver it to the Sox clubhouse door marked "love, WSI."

I don't know how the Sox players will react to it but I guarantee it will do wonders for the message board's atmosphere.

:wink:

Palehose13
08-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Why not guillotine all the doubters, place all their severed heads in a giant box and deliver it to the Sox clubhouse door marked "love, WSI."

I don't know how the Sox players will react to it but I guarantee it will do wonders for the message board's atmosphere.

Why the teal? I think it is a smashing idea. :cool:

steff
Maybe a '05 version of the "we just might be dumb enough to win this" t-shirts. :D:

Sxy Mofo

It'd sure help positive-the-place up a bit.

woodenleg
08-24-2005, 04:39 PM
:rolling:

Baby Fisk
08-24-2005, 04:41 PM
A big box of rally panties? That might stir things up a bit.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-24-2005, 04:42 PM
http://www.nbc.com/photos/Late_Night/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/1LCOab99.jpg

Time to poop on the Dark Clouds.

hose
08-24-2005, 04:51 PM

http://re2.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1148944473 (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=guillotine/v=2/SID=e/l=II/R=18/SS=i/OID=9407505a72201de2/SIG=1md64pink/EXP=1125006492/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dguillotine%26tab%3DImages%26b tn%3DSearch%26ei%3DUTF-8%26SpellState%3Dn-2684523289_q-pti5ZaRrYgKe5kFVtdJBgAABAA%2540%2540%26imgsz%3Dall %26fr%3Dsbcfp-imp%26b%3D1&h=435&w=580&imgcurl=www-sop.inria.fr%2Fmeije%2Fpersonnel%2FAndrea.Valente% 2Fimg%2Fwallpapers%2FGuillotine.jpg&imgurl=www-sop.inria.fr%2Fmeije%2Fpersonnel%2FAndrea.Valente% 2Fimg%2Fwallpapers%2FGuillotine.jpg&size=117.5kB&name=Guillotine.jpg&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.downhill-board.com%2Fproc%2Fdownhill_574063.html&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.downhill-board.com%2Fproc%2Fdownhill_574063.html&p=guillotine&type=jpeg&no=18&tt=14,311) Notice the dark clouds:cool:

"let them eat cake"

:reinsy

SOXintheBURGH
08-24-2005, 05:02 PM

Medieval Milhouse: We're running out of pikes to put severed heads on!

Henry VIII Bart: I'll show you running out of pikes!

tacosalbarojas
08-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Not stupid at all. Just the thought is enough. I am a firm believer in the power of positive thinking. Expect victory and all that. Okay, maybe not expect victory (I'm no Gary Barnett fan), but I definitely believe the converse is true. If you expect to lose, you will. It's that simple.

voodoochile
08-24-2005, 07:00 PM

Yeah, but apparently they are looking for big one... so come on folks take one for the team...

Who's got the biggest ass on the message board?

Though I've always been big, I have never had a huge butt, merely large.

I understand West is a pretty big guy... maybe he'll contribute...:wink:

George and Daver are definitely out... too damned skinny...

voodoochile
08-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Why the teal? I think it is a smashing idea. :cool:

You say smashing, I say cutting edge...:D:

and I am all for it...:tongue:

But maybe the head is a bit much. We could start with their thumbs so they couldn't use the mouse anymore and accomplish it all without killing anyone.

A big thumbs up from all of us to all of youse... now go win some ball games or else...

Daver
08-24-2005, 07:04 PM

I can build an actual guillotine though, does that count for anything?

:redneck

voodoochile
08-24-2005, 07:06 PM
I can build an actual guillotine though, does that count for anything?

:redneck

great... so we can use the guillotine to cut off their thumbs, bundle them up into a pair of huge panties/tidy whities and mail it off...

Jjav829
08-24-2005, 07:38 PM
OK...I'm obsessed with helping the White Sox "refill" their tank attitude wise. I know this sounds like a very corny idea...but if what if we sent them something from the "WSI'ers"...I'm not sure what it would be....

I'm picturing a big box or something showing up at the clubhouse in Seattle or Texas...they open it up...it's something goofy with a note from us saying "we're with you all the way, etc. Maybe something that could become a good luck charm the rest of the way? So they feel the love of their fans with all the media, etc. predicting they'll choke?

I'm picturing a big cake rolling into the Sox clubhouse in Seattle/Texas. They all start getting excited thinking, well, use your own mind. They become suddenly let-down, but only for a moment, when Ken Griffey Jr. pops out in his newly stitched #30 White Sox uniform. I like my idea better than yours. What better good luck charm than a HOF'er hitting .294/.363/.555/.918 with 29 HRs and 85 RBI?

I know, I know, I'm really setting myself up for a big let-down come next Wednesday when the deadline hits and Griffey isn't a White Sox. What can I say, the guy is all my time favorite baseball player and he would be a huge addition to this team. There is a reason why this won't happen. None of my favorite players ever play for my favorite team. I don't know why, it just doesn't happen. So I guess you can blame me next Wednesday when Griffey isn't on the Sox. :smile:..................:(:

Baby Fisk
08-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Yeah, but apparently they are looking for big one... so come on folks take one for the team...

Who's got the biggest ass on the message board?

Though I've always been big, I have never had a huge butt, merely large.

I understand West is a pretty big guy... maybe he'll contribute...:wink:

:?: Um... a big box of men's underwear would likely crush team morale and trigger another week long losing streak. I was thinking more along the lines of ladies' delicates. Small ladies. Hubba hubba.

Tekijawa
08-25-2005, 09:41 AM
http://www.mcps.k12.md.us/schools/cabinjohnms/comp/st-prj/web/christinal/gr/oprahhug.jpgToo many OPRAH moments on this board lately!

Cowch44
08-25-2005, 10:31 AM
http://www.mcps.k12.md.us/schools/cabinjohnms/comp/st-prj/web/christinal/gr/oprahhug.jpgToo many OPRAH moments on this board lately!
Welcome to Happy Land! http://www.waltm1.net/sunshine.htm

SOXintheBURGH
08-25-2005, 10:42 AM
:?: Um... a big box of men's underwear would likely crush team morale and trigger another week long losing streak. I was thinking more along the lines of ladies' delicates. Small ladies. Hubba hubba.

Maybe we can get her to jump out of a box?

:messica

miker
08-25-2005, 10:44 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of ladies' delicates. Small ladies. Hubba hubba.
:hawk
I luuuuv women's underwear!

Hangar18
08-25-2005, 10:49 AM

there were some pretty bad and vindictive ideas here, but this one is a great Idea. A whole box of womens underwear (the oversized ones) in black ......
Lets the SOX know that WSI is thnking about them, and will very likely get
WSI some publicity ............

Someone would have to be in charge of "receiving" them.....then go from there:cool:

larryepke
08-25-2005, 11:14 AM

a box of BIG rally panties! :D: :D: :D:

daslobo
08-25-2005, 11:22 AM
I think a box of white t-shirts that say either "Hey Media" or "Hey ESPN" and just have a big black middle finger on a white t-shirt. That would be awesome if they wore them for post game interviews. Carl would. He's my hero. Scroo the press.

Hangar18
08-25-2005, 11:31 AM
I think a box of white t-shirts that say either "Hey Media" or "Hey ESPN" and just have a big black middle finger on a white t-shirt. That would be awesome if they wore them for post game interviews. Carl would. He's my hero. Scroo the press.

This is an even better idea ........

Tekijawa
08-25-2005, 11:37 AM

How about you guys send me in a Box and I'll just throw eggs at their trucks!!!

ode to veeck
08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't know if West remembers but a childhood friend or ours built a guillatine in HS as a shop project, put a really rugged piece of steel in for the blade and ground and honed a nice edge to it, made a real nice rickety sound with all the chain running through the pulley hole when it dropped. Never used on a live creature of any sort, but it was kinda cool creepy guy thing that might be appropirate for all the dark clouds if it still were around