PDA

View Full Version : Have you abused a random Cub fan today?

CallMeNuts
08-24-2005, 03:31 PM
A sales guy that works for me (Frank) is a big Cubs fan.

He leaves a message with my assistant that he'd like me to call him back on his cell phone sometime before 1, since he's headed out to "see a good team play" this afternoon. He leaves his number with assistant, who passes the whole message along to me.

So I call and say "How's it going Frank." Guy on the other end of the line says "Fine." I proceed to verbally assault Frank, questioning his gentics, his upbringing and his sanity, for being a Cubs fan.

Guy on the other end of the line says: "who's this?". I say my name. He says: "Do I know you?"

So, it appears as though my assistant wrote down the wrong number. The cell phone that I called belongs to another guy named Frank. And this guy is also a Cub fan.

So I tell the guy I'm sorry I got the number wrong, but that everything I said about the Cubs still stands. And have a good afternoon.

:)

Rocky Soprano
08-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh man that is hilarious!

Dick Allen
08-24-2005, 03:35 PM
So obviously, the fool meant by "seeing a good team play", he was referring to the Braves.

skobabe8
08-24-2005, 03:52 PM
A sales guy that works for me (Frank) is a big Cubs fan.

He leaves a message with my assistant that he'd like me to call him back on his cell phone sometime before 1, since he's headed out to "see a good team play" this afternoon. He leaves his number with assistant, who passes the whole message along to me.

So I call and say "How's it going Frank." Guy on the other end of the line says "Fine." I proceed to verbally assault Frank, questioning his gentics, his upbringing and his sanity, for being a Cubs fan.

Guy on the other end of the line says: "who's this?". I say my name. He says: "Do I know you?"

So, it appears as though my assistant wrote down the wrong number. The cell phone that I called belongs to another guy named Frank. And this guy is also a Cub fan.

So I tell the guy I'm sorry I got the number wrong, but that everything I said about the Cubs still stands. And have a good afternoon.

:)

Thats terrific. I'm glad you didnt waste your breath, at least. As long as SOME cub fan heard the truth, thats all that matters.

SOXPHILE
08-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Fortunately, there's only a few people where I work, and nobody's really a sports fan, so I don't have to see any Cub fans. But out in public, I feel it's my duty to- (in a good natured way, of course)-needle somebody wearing any sort of Cub laundry. A funny thing to do is whenever I see some parent with their kid, and the kid is wearing some sort of cute Cub hat, or Carrie Woods/Sammy Sosa/Prior/ jersey, I tell them I might have to report them to DCFS, as dressing their child in that clothing is child abuse. Another thing to do is when I see adults in Cub attire, to ask them when they underwent the lobotomy procedure.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Great story. Hoped you burned up some premium cell minutes of his.

C-Dawg
08-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Great story. Hoped you burned up some premium cell minutes of his.

I hope so too, especially since they'd go good with the scalped tickets he bought from Premium Tickets, Inc, the Tribune's own scalping service.

soxjim
08-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Yes I did! I messed with the nurse and activity aid where I work about them being cub fans. They still think the wild card will be theirs.

DumpJerry
08-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Obviously you did not reach Frank Thomas in error. Secondly, you should have asked him to wave at the camera, you're watching the Flub's game. After he says he is waving, tell him you're not sure which one he is, so could he put his left hand on his head and right hand on his shoulder and then hop in circles. Then say "oops. I'm sorry, I am watching ESPN Classics, they're showing a Cubs game from 1969."

The guy who left the message about seeing a good team play...ask him how the Braves are doing.

C-Dawg
08-25-2005, 05:56 AM
If there are Cub fans in your office, a subtle way to abuse them is to keep a copy of the infamous Sports Illustrated from last April, (the one with Kerry Woods on the cover) prominently displayed on your desk.

Dan H
08-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Actually you don't need to abuse Cub fans. They do it to themselves. There was a Cub fan who called into the Score last month who thought his team was going to catch St. Louis. These people need to live in a constant state of denial to get through life. It must be really hard to live in la-la land all the time.

Wsoxmike59
08-25-2005, 08:16 AM
If there are Cub fans in your office, a subtle way to abuse them is to keep a copy of the infamous Sports Illustrated from last April, (the one with Kerry Woods on the cover) prominently displayed on your desk.

Funny you should mention that C-Dawg. Because that is exactly what I have hanging in my cube at work. :D:

http://i.cnn.net/si//si_online/covers/images/2004/0405_thumb.jpg

PatK
08-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Obviously you did not reach Frank Thomas in error. Secondly, you should have asked him to wave at the camera, you're watching the Flub's game. After he says he is waving, tell him you're not sure which one he is, so could he put his left hand on his head and right hand on his shoulder and then hop in circles. Then say "oops. I'm sorry, I am watching ESPN Classics, they're showing a Cubs game from 1969."

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

soxjim
08-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Today at work I was in a pranking mood. 2 other SOX fans and myself played a video "Bringin on the Heartbreak" by Def Leppard. We had it show cub follies and players sitting on the bench who were on the DL such as Prior and Wood. The cub fans then told our supervisor.

RadioheadRocks
08-25-2005, 06:53 PM
Today at work I was in a pranking mood. 2 other SOX fans and myself played a video "Bringin on the Heartbreak" by Def Leppard. We had it show cub follies and players sitting on the bench who were on the DL such as Prior and Wood. The cub fans then told our supervisor.

That's awesome... but you really should try doing that with "GET OVER IT" by OK Go... works fantastic with Bartman and all those crowd reactions during the big choke!!!

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-25-2005, 07:18 PM

I love that - I need to get a copy of that cover.
I have the picture of the Cub-Marlins scoreboard from game 6 in my office....