PDA

View Full Version : "Wimpy'doing the braves-cubs game

harwar
08-24-2005, 04:25 PM
For those who have access,"Wimpy'(Tom Paciorek) is doing the braves-cubs game and he just about jumped out of his chair when the braves took the lead in the 7th.
Nice to hear his familiar voice.

Jerko
08-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Met him at the Redwood years ago. Nice guy.

Rocky Soprano
08-24-2005, 04:29 PM
I just pulled it up on Gamecast, how in the world did Prior throw 132 pitches in only 6 2/3 innings?

132!

maurice
08-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Something like that. I'm sure Dusty was shocked when a fatigued Prior ended his shutout bid with a series on IF hits, a wild pitch, and a throwing error.

http://espn.starwave.com/i/mlb/profiles/coaches/30016.jpg
"I don't believe in pitch counts
. . . or elbow tendons . . . or
rotator cuffs."

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/6787.jpg
"If they don't get rid of
this guy, I'll be joining my
good buddy Carrie in the
Simulated Hall of Fame."

34 Inch Stick
08-24-2005, 04:45 PM
I just pulled it up on Gamecast, how in the world did Prior throw 132 pitches in only 6 2/3 innings?

132!

Somebody had to pick up the slack with Carrie being in the bullpen.

By the way Prior pitched 123 two outings ago. I'm sure Prior was thrilled to read in the newspaper today that Dusty is going nowhere.

Iwritecode
08-24-2005, 04:52 PM

132!

According to one of the guys that does the "From the Cubicle" on the Cubune's website it's because he's trying to strike everybody out instead of spotting his pitches.

He'll get an 0-2 count and then start nibbling at the corners.

Chicago83
08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
According to one of the guys that does the "From the Cubicle" on the Cubune's website it's because he's trying to strike everybody out instead of spotting his pitches.

He'll get an 0-2 count and then start nibbling at the corners.

He's pitching really well though and should have a lot more wins that he does. When does Prior's contract end with the Cubs? I would really like to see him pitch somewhere else.

Mr. White Sox
08-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I was actually at the game today :o:, as I and another ChiSox friend of mine were invited by a Cubs friend to the urinal (it really does smell like urine, although I was pleasantly surprised that everybody around me was actually watching the game). All I can say is Prior should've won that game 1-0 if it weren't for his lousy error and Derrek Lee's mistake. It was very Buehrle-like; one mistake led to a big inning. Even so...he got to 132 pitches by:
1. Walking four batters
2. Facing a Braves team that was swinging at/fouling off EVERYTHING!
3. Jeff Francoeur drew a walk. That's his first non-intentional walk of the year. The at-bat was so draining that you could really tell Prior was laboring the whole time after that.