PDA

View Full Version : Serious Delusion Thread: Want Maggs back?

Soxzilla
08-24-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm all for drawing the line at Roids Palmiero, and believe me when I say Maggs was on my 'most hated' list when he left this team. But our team needs a spark offensively, someone that can hit for power and average. And with that albatross of a contract, and his shady injury (Sounds like Griffey Jr. to me, just cancel the adjective shady, and replace with constant), Magglio might be the bat we AREN'T looking for that could clear waivers.

And with the plethora of young outfield talent that could be ML ready for the Tigers...

Put one and one together...

He could DH...

I'm just throwing this out there...

I want a WS.:whiner:

I could stomach the return of Gagglio, heck I might even 'cheer' for him, as long as it helps the TEAM.

cleanwsox
08-24-2005, 01:50 PM
:bundy

I understand the thought, but this is just ridiculous.

Hangar18
08-24-2005, 01:53 PM
There would have to be lots of apologies on Maggs and the SOX part for that
to happen. His big contract wont have him here, the SOX will deem him too expensive ............and this is the Tigers, not the Pirates. Theyre not
going to bend over Backward to help a division rival.

Soxzilla
08-24-2005, 01:54 PM
There would have to be lots of apologies on Maggs and the SOX part for that
to happen. His big contract wont have him here, the SOX will deem him too expensive ............and this is the Tigers, not the Pirates. Theyre not
going to bend over Backward to help a division rival.

Yeah, but it isn't like Jr.'s contract is exactly peanuts. I'd be willing to bet the money is there.

And I'm sure the Tigers would offload him on anybody as of right now. It isn't like he is a favorite over at motownsports.:wink:

EDIT - That team has enough offense, they need to free up salary so that they can grab some pitching in the off-season. Tigers fans are yearning for their chance to grab Burnett. For some odd reason.

Palehose Pete
08-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Actually, Maggs is doing well this season after coming back from the DH. Problem is, though, it isn't just his bat that he brings along with him but his craptacular attitude as well as bad blood with Ozzie. Thanks but no thanks to ruining the clubhouse chemistry just for a guy who can hit. We had guys who could hit during the 2001, 2002, 2003, & 2004 seasons but, by most reports, the team chemistry was not there and neither were the Division championships. I'll take my chances with this team rather than even think about bringing back a guy like Maggs.

Tekijawa
08-24-2005, 01:57 PM
SERIOUSLY!!!

IS THIS WHAT IT'S COME TO???

This site is better than this!!!!

Baby Fisk
08-24-2005, 02:02 PM
SERIOUSLY!!!

IS THIS WHAT IT'S COME TO???

This site is better than this!!!!
What's sick is not so much the idea, but that we all spent a moment thinking about it. Seriously contemplating it.

WSI has gone mad like King Lear!

"HOWL! HOWL! HOWL! O FOOL, I GO MAD!" :nuts:

SoxSpeed22
08-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Blame it on the Dark Cloud accumulation
:darkcloud::darkclouds:
Back to the topic, Maggs chose to leave, so let him stay there. The thread starter probably had too much:drunken::drunken::nuts:.

HotelWhiteSox
08-24-2005, 03:06 PM
:hawk

Where's he gonna play?...

Me, a Reinsdorf schill, are you nuts?!?!?....

go bulls

chitownhawkfan
08-24-2005, 03:50 PM
I would take Roids boy at this point, I could care less if he shot up in the dugout before every AB. At this point I dont think we can afford to be picky. Maggs, Griffey, Raffy I dont care, get me something.

LVSoxFan
08-24-2005, 03:53 PM
You want a dark cloud pic? Here you go, to go with this insane Maggs idea:

These were from the Detroit rain-delay game...

Palehose Pete
08-24-2005, 03:55 PM
No way, uh uh. Raffy the 'Roid Boy can stay in Baltimore and quietly finish up his disgraced career. The baggage that he'd bring along with him would be too much of a distraction to this club when it most needs to be focused.

daveeym
08-24-2005, 04:02 PM
No way, uh uh. Raffy the 'Roid Boy can stay in Baltimore and quietly finish up his disgraced career. The baggage that he'd bring along with him would be too much of a distraction to this club when it most needs to be focused. UGH could you see the trib headlines with Raffy hitting a walk off to win the world series for us?

CHEATING BLACK SOX WIN WORLD SERIES ON CHEATING PALMERO'S HOME RUN.

skobabe8
08-24-2005, 04:05 PM
You want a dark cloud pic? Here you go, to go with this insane Maggs idea:

These were from the Detroit rain-delay game...

I really like the scoreboard one.

Palehose Pete
08-24-2005, 04:21 PM
UGH could you see the trib headlines with Raffy hitting a walk off to win the world series for us?

Agreed. Our WS title would forever be known as a product of the 'Roids Era if Raffy was on our team when we won it.

Also, Raffy the 'Roid Boy certainly does not deserve a WS ring.

LVSoxFan
08-24-2005, 04:45 PM
I really like the scoreboard one.

I know! Doesn't the Cell look like a haunted house in that one? Here's where there rain really came down. Remember: it's 2PM in the afternoon when this was taken...

Chicago83
08-24-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm all for drawing the line at Roids Palmiero, and believe me when I say Maggs was on my 'most hated' list when he left this team. But our team needs a spark offensively, someone that can hit for power and average. And with that albatross of a contract, and his shady injury (Sounds like Griffey Jr. to me, just cancel the adjective shady, and replace with constant), Magglio might be the bat we AREN'T looking for that could clear waivers.

And with the plethora of young outfield talent that could be ML ready for the Tigers...

Put one and one together...

He could DH...

I'm just throwing this out there...

I want a WS.:whiner:

I could stomach the return of Gagglio, heck I might even 'cheer' for him, as long as it helps the TEAM.

I'd take Maggs back in a second, he is jus the kind of hitter the Sox need, but are you crazy? After what happened between him and Ozzie! Also why would Detroit trade him?

maurice
08-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Also why would Detroit trade him?

Detroit has many millions of reasons to trade Ordonez.
For the same $$$ reason, nobody would take him.

LVSoxFan
08-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Actually the way Magg's deal is structured in Detroit, I HARDLY see them looking to get rid of him any time soon. I'm sure they're happy with him thus far, and what they paid for him:

.311 average
.365 OBP
.470 slugging percentage

I have a feeling had he not been out the first couple of months, we'd be talking about them and Minnesota, or maybe even a four-way race to the finish line.

maurice
08-24-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm sure they're happy with him thus far, and what they paid for him.

The issue is not the relative pittance they've already paid for him. It's what they're going to pay for years and years to come after the rest of the contract vests.

Letmehearya
08-24-2005, 06:10 PM
I'd settle for Ross Gload.

chitownhawkfan
08-24-2005, 06:11 PM
UGH could you see the trib headlines with Raffy hitting a walk off to win the world series for us?

I would gladly take the Cubune bashing us for winning with Raffy than to read "Sox no-hit and swept out of divisional round, Cubs 2006 WS preview back page"

I want Mags back
08-24-2005, 06:24 PM
NO

I really am needing a new SN

Soxzilla
08-24-2005, 10:52 PM
:rolling: 'I want Mags.'

Anyways, I knew there would be serious backlash for posting this thread. But what is the big deal? The money or the attitude?

Because I seriously remember a real distaste in most people's mouths after we signed A.J., but he's turned out fantastic, especially concerning the clubhouse atmosphere.

If it means a better shot at the WS, I can CERTAINLY stomach the 'tude from Ordonez.

Norberto7
08-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Ordonez? That Venezualan piece of ****?