PDA

View Full Version : Gooch has had key strikeouts

hawkjt
08-24-2005, 12:44 PM
recently with a guy on second and nobody out. At least two games probably were lost due to it. He has been great but boy it sure is noticeable when he fails. this is a precision offensive machine and when one cog breaks down the machine breaks down.

C'mon Gooch -we need ya.

JB98
08-24-2005, 12:49 PM
recently with a guy on second and nobody out. At least two games probably were lost due to it. He has been great but boy it sure is noticeable when he fails. this is a precision offensive machine and when one cog breaks down the machine breaks down.

C'mon Gooch -we need ya.

You're right, but Gooch isn't the only one. We have seven guys in slumps right now.

MIgrenade
08-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Iguchi hasn't gotten a bunt down in this whole bad streak, and that explains a lot of the ineptness to score. Actually I think Timo did a good job as a lead off guy early in games. He was getting lead off hits only to see the next 3 go down swinging. Maybe PK should be hitting 3rd so Iguchi sees more fastballs. PK is the only guy hitting decent right now. He's over .300 for the month.

ja1022
08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
recently with a guy on second and nobody out. At least two games probably were lost due to it. He has been great but boy it sure is noticeable when he fails.

Willie?? Is that you? How's the weather in Charlotte? And no, you can't come back up to the majors.

this is a precision offensive machine
:kneeslap:

SoxinAZ
08-24-2005, 01:21 PM
You can't bunt if your swinging for the fences!!

ChicagoHoosier
08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Last night, Iguchi only had one strike to work with when trying to get Pablo over to 3rd. I've seen this a couple times, where there's a guy on first, Iguchi gets a strike or two, the runner steals 2nd, and then we all expect Iguchi to move him over with only 1 or 2 strikes to work with instead of a full at bat.

Not sure he's doing a poor job. There was a case recently when he couldn't get a bunt down, but he CERTAINLY is not swinging for the fences when he's up there with a runner that needs to be advanced.

I agree he isn't as reliable as he was earlier in the season, but I don't think he's really choking either.

CLR01
08-24-2005, 04:57 PM
You can't bunt if your swinging for the fences!!

Caruso did it all the time.

Soxoholic
08-25-2005, 01:38 AM

C'mon Gooch -we need ya.

He has also had a lot of clutch hits as well. Law of averages my man!