PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy but...

Hosey22
08-24-2005, 12:34 AM
...why don't we send down Bum, er i mean Blum, and Timo and bring up Gload and Willie. I know, i know, it's Willie, but through him at the top of the lineup until Pods gets back to at least attempt to jumpstart the offense and I'll take Gload over Blum any day. Can someone please tell me why he isn't up here playing with us instead. Am I missing something??

SOXfnNlansing
08-24-2005, 12:39 AM
:?: ok, I'll do you a favor and call you crazy

tweek57
Blum had 6 hits in his last 5 games comming into tonight, he's the least of our worries. For some reason the Sox don't like Gload, I believe it's because he's not healthy enough to play the OF, so you won't be seeing him anytime soon.

Willie is not good, not the most educated response but one that gets the point across none the less.

DrCrawdad
...why don't we send down Bum, er i mean Blum, and Timo and bring up Gload and Willie. I know, i know, it's Willie, but through him at the top of the lineup until Pods gets back to at least attempt to jumpstart the offense and I'll take Gload over Blum any day. Can someone please tell me why he isn't up here playing with us instead. Am I missing something??

Ross Gload still hasn't proven that he can hit at the AAA level...http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/82305box.jpg

I_Liked_Manuel
08-24-2005, 02:07 AM
maybe gload's been hanging around with kelly wunsch

Joosh
08-24-2005, 02:45 AM
Ross Gload still hasn't proven that he can hit at the AAA level...http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrosby101/82305box.jpg

I love how Willie can't even hit .250 in AAA.

I still don't know why Goad isn't with the club. He's a great LH bat which we could use.

I like Blum. Don't rag on Blummie man. He's, like, the man! You know, he plays that infield like a harp. Blum would school Willie.

mcp5185
08-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Jon Adkins was called up for this stretch in August where we have very few days off, and one doubleheader. Gload will be back up in September and has a shot at making the playoff roster.

mjmcend
08-24-2005, 03:56 AM
Gload can't play 3rd base.

And how on earth does it help us that Willie is not hitting well in AAA? Being happy when Sox players fail just strikes me as odd.

StockdaleForVeep
08-24-2005, 03:58 AM
Blum can play more than just 1b\dh

Id rather have blum over crede's hitting numbers

Lillian
08-24-2005, 08:17 AM
There could be some other considerations regarding the decision to not bring up Gload. He has had a trmendous 200 at bats at AAA. When was the last time we had a AAA player with these kind of numbers?

avg. 369 obp. 425 Slg. 655 His 18 doubles 13 homers and 38 rbi's project to these numbers with 500 at bats:45 doubles 32 homers and 95 rbi's

Moreover he was our best hitter during the last month of the season last year, and ended with a long hitting streak. In his limited play last year, he was our best hitter, finishing with a 321 avg. He bats left handed, which seems to be our biggest current need, witness all of the desperate clamoring for Jr.
I understand that his shoulder still may preclude the possibility of playing the outfield, but he certainly could DH, and he is very solid at First Base.

Could that "other" consideration be that they don't want to make a temporary call up, with a deal for Jr. imminent?

Madvora
08-24-2005, 08:21 AM
I don't understand the Gload thing either, but we need something much bigger than him.

Scotty has to get back too, but we have to learn how to win without him. If an important piece goes down in the playoffs, you don't want to just hang it up. You have to win with what you have.

Hangar18
08-24-2005, 08:41 AM
I don't understand the Gload thing either, but we need something much bigger than him.

Scotty has to get back too, but we have to learn how to win without him. If an important piece goes down in the playoffs, you don't want to just hang it up. You have to win with what you have.

Man do we need Pods back in the worst way ....... we lose a game, with Garcia pitching a 1-hitter!!!!!!!! Santana wasnt Cy Young last nite, but he was good enough, we again had plenty of dumb AB's to fritter away a man at 2nd ......TWICE. We need a solid, make contact, play smart hitter right now ........ we lost a game, everyone gained on us, and the just as I figured just yesterday, now the freaking media wants to use 1969 on us .....unreal.

Bobby Jenks was interviewed on am1000 yesterday around 5:30p, and the
very first thing he said, was that "this is a really big game for us tonite",
adding that the SOX wanted to keep the crowd out of the game, and keep
the teams at arms length (referring to the indians and twinks).

Heres the deal.........were not hitting, and weve got til next week til Pods gets back and solidifies the top of our lineup again ......(the only part of our
lineup thats hitting)

DSpivack
08-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Gload won't be our saviour. The most he is is a nice LH bat off the bench. He's a AAAA player.

kevingrt
08-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Man do we need Pods back in the worst way ....... we lose a game, with Garcia pitching a 1-hitter!!!!!!!! Santana wasnt Cy Young last nite, but he was good enough, we again had plenty of dumb AB's to fritter away a man at 2nd ......TWICE. We need a solid, make contact, play smart hitter right now ........ we lost a game, everyone gained on us, and the just as I figured just yesterday, now the freaking media wants to use 1969 on us .....unreal.

Bobby Jenks was interviewed on am1000 yesterday around 5:30p, and the
very first thing he said, was that "this is a really big game for us tonite",
adding that the SOX wanted to keep the crowd out of the game, and keep
the teams at arms length (referring to the indians and twinks).

Heres the deal.........were not hitting, and weve got til next week til Pods gets back and solidifies the top of our lineup again ......(the only part of our
lineup thats hitting)

That game was a big game last night except I think we can come back from it. I know we haven't come back from anything as of late, but Freddy showed the pitching staff the way versus the Twinkies and we were going up against one of the top five pitchers in the MLB. I don't see any reason we shouldn't take these next two games.

I will admit though I am jsut a little bit scaared about this team right now. Hopefully we will be able to right the ship. Ever since I left for college on Aug 16 this team has taken a turn for the complete worse.