PDA

View Full Version : Positivity


dougs78
11-30-2001, 09:50 AM
You know, I tend to get awfuly tired of reading the same negative posts appearing in nearly every subject thread. What is the point? I think we have established that most of you hate Kenny Williams, Jerry Reinsdorf, Jerry Manuel, Royce Clayton, Sandy Alomar, Ray Durham, keith foulke, bob howry, david wells, kip wells, julio ramirez, jeff liefer, etc, etc...(am i forgetting anyone?)

The whole, "woe is me" attitude just gets real old. If its really that bad, then why don't you just stop caring about the Sox and go cheer for the Yankees. My point is, I think you tend to underestimate the fact that we have had some pretty good success the last 2 years and have nothing but good things to look forward to in the future with the group of young guys we have. I'm not saying we should be happy with the status quo, but merely to not spend every post ripping on the Sox.

How about doing me one favor. On this subject, try to list 5 positive things that really excite you about this upcoming year. It really should not be that hard becuase in my opinion theres so many. Heres mine.

1) Seeing Maggs break out into super-stardom.
2) Frank Thomas coming back and leading the offense again
3) All the young kids on the pitching staff showing flashes of their potential and hopefully getting closer to it.
4) Watching how much fun Paul Konerko has playing this game.
5) Walking up the ramp to my seats in comiskey, with my Sox hat on my head and nachos in my hand, wondering how much we are going to win by that day.

Jjav829
11-30-2001, 10:06 AM
I think thats our nature as Sox fans. We are always negative. Of course not winning a World Series in 80+ years will do that to you.

My 5 positive things.
1.) Watching the young pitchers to see who will be this years Mark Buehrle.
2.) Seeing our injured players come back healthy, especially Frank.
3.) Watching our players who struggled last year and had down years come back strong. (Lee, Valentin, Durham, Howry)
4.) Watching Joe Crede develop, along with hopefully Aaron Rowand in center, plus any other young position players.
5.) The always exciting opening day when there is that great feeling that baseball is back. (Im assuming baseball will be played next year)

duke of dorwood
11-30-2001, 10:22 AM
1. That first rope up the middle from Frank

2. Kelly Wunsch warming up in the pen

3. Jeff Liefers 30th home run

4. My first Corned Beef sandwich next year.

5. Hearing Nancy Faust play again

Paulwny
11-30-2001, 10:24 AM
When you have an owner more concerned about attendance then the product on the field this attitude will always be here, it's human nature.

1) Carlos Lee becoming another Manny
2) Howry regaining his control and blowing away hitters
3) Crede becoming the regular 3rd baseman and living up to expectations
4) Sox in the play-offs
5) the tribe a year older with limited pitching

Spiff
11-30-2001, 02:54 PM
You're right dougs and i think i've brought this idea up before

1) Crede playing a solid 3rd
2) Lee reaffirming his spot in right
3) Frank parking some into left
4) Durham getting back in it
5) A staff that is back at full strength

Chisox_cali
11-30-2001, 04:12 PM
1. Actually getting to go to a Sox game at Comiskey(Hopefully. I'll be visiting Chicago in the summer)
2. Watching Buehrle begin to become dominant lefty
3. Seeing Crede tear up the D at 3rd
4. Seeing Frank comeback and regain his offensive stride
5. Having a certain 6'11" pitcher get his shot at the bigs

nut_stock
11-30-2001, 11:05 PM
My 5 positives.

1. Watching the game from the Bullpen Bar on or around my 21st birthday this year.

2. The Big Hurt back in the #3 spot.

3. Sweeping the Cubs, Yanks, and Indians while we're in route to the playoffs!

4. The possibility of a Buehrle vs Glavine!.

5. The return of a killer bull pen.(i hope)

sox_fan_forever
11-30-2001, 11:37 PM
My 5 positives are:

1. Seeing which young pitcher has his break through year.

2. The possibility of my second favorite team ( Braves) playing my favorite team at Comiskey. ( That would be so awesome!)

3. Having Frank back in the line up.

4. Paul Konerko getting 100 RBI.

5. The promise my parents made to me to take me to lots of games at Comiskey.

RKMeibalane
11-30-2001, 11:40 PM
1. "Batting third, first-baseman, number thirty five, FRRAAANK TTHOMMASS!"

2. The Sox once again racing toward the post-season.

3. An improved pitching staff that will win key games near the end of the year.

4. Better defense from our outfielders (well, that may be asking too much).

5. Improved chemistry in the clubhouse and on the field (i.e. no more Thomas-Wells squabbling, etc.)

El Train
11-30-2001, 11:47 PM
What's the point of cheering for a team if u can't criticize them? I need something to entertain me during the offseason.

well here goes:
1) The return of all those guys that were injured.
2) Return of the super bullpen
3) Another Rookie has a breakout season
4) Being able to go to some more great games at comiskey
5) See 1-4 and everyone else's posts

GASHWOUND
12-01-2001, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by dougs78
You know, I tend to get awfuly tired of reading the same negative posts appearing in nearly every subject thread. What is the point? I think we have established that most of you hate Kenny Williams, Jerry Reinsdorf, Jerry Manuel, Royce Clayton, Sandy Alomar, Ray Durham, keith foulke, bob howry, david wells, kip wells, julio ramirez, jeff liefer, etc, etc...(am i forgetting anyone?)

The whole, "woe is me" attitude just gets real old. If its really that bad, then why don't you just stop caring about the Sox and go cheer for the Yankees. My point is, I think you tend to underestimate the fact that we have had some pretty good success the last 2 years and have nothing but good things to look forward to in the future with the group of young guys we have. I'm not saying we should be happy with the status quo, but merely to not spend every post ripping on the Sox.

How about doing me one favor. On this subject, try to list 5 positive things that really excite you about this upcoming year. It really should not be that hard becuase in my opinion theres so many. Heres mine.

1) Seeing Maggs break out into super-stardom.
2) Frank Thomas coming back and leading the offense again
3) All the young kids on the pitching staff showing flashes of their potential and hopefully getting closer to it.
4) Watching how much fun Paul Konerko has playing this game.
5) Walking up the ramp to my seats in comiskey, with my Sox hat on my head and nachos in my hand, wondering how much we are going to win by that day.

Well I don't hate anybody you mentioned in your post. I'm a big supporter of Foulke. The only person I don't like is riensy cause he's so cheap. I even tried to start a Royce Clayton fan club, but nobody joined. Leifer I like, and wouldn't even mind if he started at 3rd. But I'm alone in that. Mauel annoys me sometimes, but whatever.

I went to 20 games last year and each time was a blast. So I will enjoy going back to Comiskey. If everybody comes back healthy and back to form, than we should be back to contention. So I'm really positive. If not, than its back to ripping.

FarWestChicago
12-01-2001, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
I even tried to start a Royce Clayton fan club, but nobody joined.I'm suprised. There are several Choice Apologists on this site. In fact, the were dominant for a while. They tried to chase me off the board (I have no idea who they expected to maintain it or reimburse me for what I paid for the software, but they love The Choice). I wasn't allowed to talk about Manos or The Choice for quite a while.

:thechoice

ihatethecubs
12-01-2001, 03:30 AM
1.) F
2.) R
3.) A
4.) N
5.) K

GASHWOUND
12-01-2001, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I'm suprised. There are several Choice Apologists on this site. In fact, the were dominant for a while. They tried to chase me off the board (I have no idea who they expected to maintain it or reimburse me for what I paid for the software, but they love The Choice). I wasn't allowed to talk about Manos or The Choice for quite a while.

:thechoice

I rememeber one. His name escapes me at this moment. He and PHG got into this heated war spewing out statistics like madmen. Who was it??

FarWestChicago
12-01-2001, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


I rememeber one. His name escapes me at this moment. He and PHG got into this heated war spewing out statistics like madmen. Who was it?? Probably idseer :thechoice

GASHWOUND
12-01-2001, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Probably idseer :thechoice

Yeah, thats it. They were bringing up pie charts and stuff like that.

CLR01
12-01-2001, 04:05 AM
1. Singleton Warm the Bench
2. Royce Clayton at SS
3. Valentin at 2nd.
4. Liefer at 3rd.
5. Rowand at CF
6. Canseco in LF

Hey since we are open to playing people out of position maybe we can try frank in right and Mggs behind the plate?

GASHWOUND
12-01-2001, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
1. Singleton Warm the Bench
2. Royce Clayton at SS
3. Valentin at 2nd.
4. Liefer at 3rd.
5. Rowand at CF
6. Canseco in LF

Hey since we are open to playing people out of position maybe we can try frank in right and Mggs behind the plate?

:jerry
"Whats wrong with that line-up,
looks fine to me."

oldcomiskey
12-01-2001, 12:30 PM
my 5
1. The Sox winning another division title--hopefully they will go a little fathur this time
2. The Cubs getting back to normal--i.e.---last place
3. FRANK
4. Boomer Wells healhy and happy
5. EVERYBODY healthy and happy

czalgosz
12-01-2001, 12:40 PM
1. The weakest AL central since they went to three divisions
2. A continually-maturing Mark Buehrle
3. If even half of the currently injured pitchers come back, we'll have the strongest pitching staff this side of the Yankees.
4. Finally figuring out the post-Ventura situation at third
5. Borchard + Rauch + Almonte + existing young players = dynasty!!!

Of course, we're just talking positives here - something tells me that the last one will get screw up somehow...

oldcomiskey
12-01-2001, 12:44 PM
leave it to an anarchist to think like that

Jjav829
12-01-2001, 01:30 PM
O god that choice argument was horrible. That's why I stopped posting here.