PDA

View Full Version : Help, I need to find this picture!!!

08-23-2005, 04:43 PM
In the bullpen bar there is a picture there they are walking off the field into the dugout and the ghosts of former players are following them in....I need to get this...I'm coming up with nothing on the Web...does anyone know where I can get it?

Baby Fisk
08-23-2005, 04:47 PM
In the photo section of the White Sox Encyclopedia, there's an old game program with an image of Ozzie and Fisk by the dugout, with the ghosts of Sox past beckoning them to play one more game. (It may have been for Old Comiskey's final season?) Is that the one you are talking about?

08-23-2005, 04:50 PM
I know Fisk and Ozzie were in there...but they were coming in the dugout and behind them coming in from the filed were ghosts of the old timers following them in

SaltyPretzel
08-23-2005, 04:50 PM
In the bullpen bar there is a picture there they are walking off the field into the dugout and the ghosts of former players are following them in....I need to get this...I'm coming up with nothing on the Web...does anyone know where I can get it?

It was one of a series of paintings used on the final programs at Old Comiskey in 1990. I have one, but it's at my parents house, so I can't really help you. :(:

Lip Man 1
08-23-2005, 05:13 PM
The painting had Ozzie in the dugout with Fisk in gear about to enter. The 'ghots' included Eddie Collins, Monty Stratton, 'Kid' Gleason, Sherm Lollar, Joe Jackson, Nellie Fox and Ed Walsh.

The caption was 'C'mon Let's Play One More...' It is from September 30, 1990 the last day of Comiskey Park, the original.

Lip

SoxinAZ
08-23-2005, 05:20 PM
That picture was on the final game program of the old Comiskey.

DiGiSyKo
08-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Is this the picture?

http://www.ebaseballparks.com/images/programs/comiskeyfinal.jpg

08-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Is this the picture?

http://www.ebaseballparks.com/images/programs/comiskeyfinal.jpg
THATS IT!! Do you know where I can get a picture or a copy of this program??

DiGiSyKo
08-23-2005, 05:31 PM
It's on eBay sometimes...

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Sox-Old-Comiskey-Park-FINAL-GAME-program-tickets_W0QQitemZ5231814734QQcategoryZ64490QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

patbooyah
08-23-2005, 06:11 PM
i googled "c'mon, let's play one more." and found this interesting article about mike royko. he wrote an article about the last day of summer vacation being the worst, and how he never wanted it to end. he used that quote which maybe caused some inspiration...

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/050497/dennised.html

Red Barchetta
08-23-2005, 07:27 PM
That is pretty cool. However if the the program is reflecting the last game at Comiskey, shouldn't Fisk and Ozzie be wearing the current unis as MLB gave the SOX permission to switch unis right before the season ended. I'm sure they had to have the program printed long before that decision was made.

SOXintheBURGH
08-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Wow, $5 for a program?! I wonder how much Reinsdorf would charge in 1919!?

Wsoxmike59
08-23-2005, 07:48 PM
I actually own that print (framed) and one other that the artist Tom Sulek had done called "Field of Memories" that had a collage of all the greats who played at old Comiskey Park through the years. (i.e. Pierce, Fox, Shoeless Joe, DiMaggio, Ruth, Cobb, Ted Williams)

When the 1990 season was over, I contacted the artist who was commissioned to the covers on the White Sox programs during the last year at old Comiskey Park.

The Sun Times had done a feature story on him in 1990 on how Sulek had done a lot of Sports Paintings for the Chicago teams, most notably the Sox and the Blackhawks.

I just loved what he had done for the Sox during their final season in the Baseball Palace of the World, and wondered if he sold his prints to the public.

I called the White Sox front offices, and they helped put me in contact with Mr. Tom Sulek. So I phoned him.

He said he didn't really sell them to the general public, but he had given blown up prints of his work as gifts to his family and friends.

He said since I went through all the work to track him down, he'd be more than happy to sell me a couple.

Back when I had my own place of business, I had those pictures adorning the wall in the foyer (along with some others framed Sox photos) and they always made a wonderful topic of discussion, and the customers always seemed to liked them.

Baby Fisk
08-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Is this the picture?

Thanks for posting the image. New wallpaper! :thumbsup: