PDA

View Full Version : Todd Walker

Garland_IS_God
08-23-2005, 02:10 PM
According to www.sportsline.com (http://www.sportsline.com) the Cubs are shopping Todd Walker. Walker would be a nice addition to the White Sox. He has playoff experience and he's a good bat. Now I know he's a sCrUB but he could help us out come playoff time. However, I doubt the Cubs would trade him to the White Sox.

Soxzilla
08-23-2005, 02:12 PM
:hawk

"Where's he gonna play?"

And no to Todd Walker. We already have enough weak infield hitters in our lineup as is.

Garland_IS_God
08-23-2005, 02:14 PM
You could replace Blumm. Im not impressed with Blumm at all. Walker has proved in the past that he could hit .300 in the AL. What has Blumm proved??

FielderJones
08-23-2005, 02:17 PM
What has Blumm (sic) proved??

That he can play the infield positions in late innings without butchering them?

kittle42
08-23-2005, 02:58 PM
That he can play the infield positions in late innings without butchering them?

That's all he should be doing and he's pretty much doing it just fine.

Blum is the perfect late-inning utility guy and Sunday afternoon lineup player.

Walker plays 2B and maybe 3B - both badly. I think I may have witnessed his wonderful skills at 1B and OF at some point, but I'm guessing there's a reason he doesn't play there anymore.

twsoxfan5
08-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Just heard on ESPN Radio that Matt Lawton, Todd Walker, and Todd Hollandsworth all cleared waivers. The only appealing one on that list for me is Walker, who I always have thought of as a clutch hitter and a stand up guy. Does anyone know if he can play short? If so I think he would be a great pick up. Let me know what you guys think.

Uncle_Patrick
08-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Just heard on ESPN Radio that Matt Lawton, Todd Walker, and Todd Hollandsworth all cleared waivers. The only appealing one on that list for me is Walker, who I always have thought of as a clutch hitter and a stand up guy. Does anyone know if he can play short? If so I think he would be a great pick up. Let me know what you guys think.

He can't really play 2nd very well, I doubt he's any better at short.

PorkChopExpress
08-23-2005, 05:00 PM
How are the Twins not all over him? They've been looking for a 2B, and Todd Walker would fit well. I hope he does not wind up in Minny.

Jjav829
08-23-2005, 06:26 PM
I kind of like Walker, despite the whole playing-for-the-Cubs thing. I wanted KW to sign Walker this past offseason. That said, there really isn't much room for him. DH would be the only place that makes much sense, but Walker isn't that good of a hitter that you would want him DH'ing. I see he played some 3B for the Twins in 97, though he's probably a butcher there. Hollandsworth sucks. Lawton is a nice player, though not really needed because of Pods.

Ol' No. 2
08-23-2005, 06:35 PM
How are the Twins not all over him? They've been looking for a 2B, and Todd Walker would fit well. I hope he does not wind up in Minny.What for? They don't need him this year, and he's a FA after the season, isn't he?

PorkChopExpress
08-23-2005, 06:53 PM
What for? They don't need him this year, and he's a FA after the season, isn't he?

I do not pay too much attention to the Twins, so I may be wrong, but I was under the impression they were looking for a 2B with some offensive power, and seeing as they are only 2.5 GB in the wild card race with 6 more games against Cleveland, and 3 more against Oakland, they certainly are not out of the race yet. A pickup like Walker could really help them in their stretch run.

Ol' No. 2
08-23-2005, 07:03 PM
I do not pay too much attention to the Twins, so I may be wrong, but I was under the impression they were looking for a 2B with some offensive power, and seeing as they are only 2.5 GB in the wild card race with 6 more games against Cleveland, and 3 more against Oakland, they certainly are not out of the race yet. A pickup like Walker could really help them in their stretch run.The 2.5 GB behind is deceptive. There are THREE teams ahead of them. They're not all going to crumble, and the Twins' problems extend to a lot more than just a 2B.

I don't see Terry Ryan giving up prospects on a longshot WC chance.

Chips
08-23-2005, 07:58 PM

Uribe has great range at short, there is no need to replace him. His bat may be weak, but he has been taking many more pitches and has tremendous power. No need for a change at short. Todd Walker isn't needed, a player with a good bat is.

slavko
08-23-2005, 08:03 PM
He turned down KW last winter. F him.

Brian26
08-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Walker is one of the handful of Cubs I can tolerate, but I already can envision the Cubune Headlines now: Ex-Cub saves Sox playoff chances. Um, no thanks. On second though, I'll pass.

As someone said, Blum is a solid defensive guy for late game substitutions, but I'd rather not see him playing every other day.

MarySwiss
08-23-2005, 08:28 PM
I think not.

JUribe1989
08-23-2005, 11:03 PM
I've become so uptight and so worried that I would take anyone right now to try and provide just a tiny spark.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-23-2005, 11:15 PM
I've become so uptight and so worried that I would take anyone right now to try and provide just a tiny spark.

yup

Domeshot17
08-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Jeromy Burnitz would be an Upgrade right now, Carl look so pathetic its unreal, Im beginning to loathe him more than Vizciano

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Jeromy Burnitz would be an Upgrade right now, Carl look so pathetic its unreal, Im beginning to loathe him more than Vizciano

i'm beginning to loathe this offense more then i loathe the cubs. Konerko can't carry the team.

Chips
08-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Uribe has great range at short, there is no need to replace him. His bat may be weak, but he has been taking many more pitches and has tremendous power. No need for a change at short. Todd Walker isn't needed, a player with a good bat is.

After watching todays game combined with last weeks offensive woes, I'd say any bat is better than what we are showing. Todd Walker what the hell.

silenceofthehawk
08-23-2005, 11:58 PM
I do not want Todd Walker, he hasn't done anything with the Cubs, and he is not that good with the glove. Besides, wasn't he one of the players who got all bent out of shape when Steve Stone was speaking the truth last year?

Foulke You
08-24-2005, 12:00 AM
After watching todays game combined with last weeks offensive woes, I'd say any bat is better than what we are showing. Todd Walker what the hell.
Yeah, Todd Walker, sure, why not? I'm about ready to hire a snake charmer right now.

PatK
08-24-2005, 11:29 AM
I don't know why people aren't saying Todd's not a good hitter.

He's hitting .300 and is a career .290 hitter.

His career average is pretty much higher than what anyone on the team is hitting.

The only reason I wouldn't want him is because he doesn't really fit.

The Dude
08-24-2005, 11:38 AM
I don't know why people aren't saying Todd's not a good hitter.

He's hitting .300 and is a career .290 hitter.

His career average is pretty much higher than what anyone on the team is hitting.

The only reason I wouldn't want him is because he doesn't really fit.

To reiterate this...

"Where....are......we....gonna.....play.....him??"

PatK
08-24-2005, 01:07 PM
To reiterate this...

"Where....are......we....gonna.....play.....him??"

Which is why I said "he doesn't really fit".

Hangar18
08-24-2005, 01:28 PM
get Todd Walker, dont give away anything for him ..........
Hes hitting 300, im sure we can remove one of our 220, non-contact
hitting players for him. HECK, DH the guy..........anything ........
we need hitting ..................BAD

BRDSR
08-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Walker is very underrated as an offensive player. He handles the bat as well as anyone in the league. If he's available, I say get him.

Chicago83
08-24-2005, 04:57 PM
According to www.sportsline.com (http://www.sportsline.com) the Cubs are shopping Todd Walker. Walker would be a nice addition to the White Sox. He has playoff experience and he's a good bat. Now I know he's a sCrUB but he could help us out come playoff time. However, I doubt the Cubs would trade him to the White Sox.

I would take Lawton over Walker. He could lead off when Pods is gone and play LF/DH. Has both power and speed.