PDA

View Full Version : Is Kenny a rouge GM?

i ate canada
07-27-2001, 01:16 AM
Think about it. Never, ever has this team made so many awful moves in one year. In fact, over the last few years we've actually done a decent job stealing talent away from other teams. The scouting department has at least been adequate.

Then this freak gets the GM job. All of a sudden our "scouts" are sending us crap. We're giving away talent for nothing and making awful trades. I really didn't put much thought into the rumor that Kenny isn't talking to Shue anymore, but now it is making some sense. Kenny seems like the kind of guy who can't handle criticism. No way our scouts are this bad. And no way in hell would Shue ever let him make THIS trade. Ronny may not have done much, but at least he got people's names right.

Jerry_Manuel
07-27-2001, 01:28 AM
Well the thing is Ate, Schu was around when he made most of the deals. You know Clayton, Wells, Juilo and Schu was the one who brought back Baines. The Glover deal was a steal for Williams or whoever made that trade. But I agree something has really gone wrong at Comiskey and one has to wonder was Evans really this big of a cog in the front office?

ode to veeck
07-27-2001, 01:29 AM
to cover his blunder, "the trade will go through"

:bugsbunny

"What a Maroon!!"

or what's left when you can't find your Berries (huevos) ...
... just the Pits!

of course Reinsdorf probably rewards him for dishing the fans ... "what do they know!"

i ate canada
07-27-2001, 01:39 AM
I wonder how that conversation went down with Dan Evans.

Kenny- I want John Berry, I like his arm.

Evans- His arm? I mean....yea, he's got a great arm. Can't part with him though.

Kenny- I want John Berry give me John Berry!

Evans- We'll you're gonna have to throw in some cash if you want the great arm of John Barry.

Kenny- Done! Another steal for Kenmeister!

Tragg
07-27-2001, 01:45 AM
a "rouge" gm?

Speaking french to us? Calling KW a commie (red)? Thought you ate the french in canda?

Just giving you a hard time.