PDA

View Full Version : Which Sox Cap for Next Promotion Give-a-way?

Urban Legend
08-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Which Sox hat would you like to see the Sox give away on their next promotion cap day? I've gone to 90% of them since '89 and have a great collection (favorites - the 1917 white with red and blue braids Miller Lite one, the current black style with ESPN Radio 1000 on the back, and a blue '64 one with a Leinenkuegel's patch). I'd like to see them give away the 1929 blue road cap (I think it's the '29 cap) with the big 'S' and the small 'o' and 'x' inside the top and bottom of the 'S.'

Also, couldn't they give away caps to all in attendance, not just the first 10 or 20 thousand? I live in Ohio, and one Sunday giveaway day this seaon got to The Cell and hour and a half before game time and was shut out (fortunately it was the black Comcast cap - I think it looked like a little kids' cap, so I didn't worry about it too much). I think the promotional benefit of giving caps to all attendees would be worth something.

I wonder how much input the Sox have in detemining what style, year, and how many are given away with the promotional sponsor?

chitownhawkfan
08-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Forget the hats they need to give out batting helmets.

skottyj242
08-23-2005, 11:25 AM
If the sponsor of the promotion is a beer company I think they can only be given away to people 21 and over, so they really don't know how many people are going to be there so that's why they estimate it and cut if off at ten thousand.

Brian26
08-23-2005, 11:28 AM
I've always hated the stadium giveaway hats due to the giant beer logo on the side. I just would never be caught dead wearing one of those on the street...if you're going to wear a hat, get a real one.

But to answer your question- I think the '77 hat would be cool if they haven't done that one yet.

Garland_IS_God
08-23-2005, 11:33 AM
If the sponsor of the promotion is a beer company I think they can only be given away to people 21 and over, so they really don't know how many people are going to be there so that's why they estimate it and cut if off at ten thousand.

I always thought that too but when I went to the Sox Dodgers when they gave away the 1959 hats sponsored by Miller Lite, the people at the gates were giving them out to everybody including little kids.

C-Dawg
08-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Am I the only one who finds the giveaway hats to be too small? Or maybe my head is too big....

I want Mags back
08-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Which Sox hat would you like to see the Sox give away on their next promotion cap day? I've gone to 90% of them since '89 and have a great collection (favorites - the 1917 white with red and blue braids Miller Lite one, the current black style with ESPN Radio 1000 on the back, and a blue '64 one with a Leinenkuegel's patch). I'd like to see them give away the 1929 blue road cap (I think it's the '29 cap) with the big 'S' and the small 'o' and 'x' inside the top and bottom of the 'S.'

I still have mine from Turn Back the Clock nite in '94. I dont wear it because its been pretty ruin through the years

the gooch
08-23-2005, 03:18 PM
arent they going to commemorate the all-chicago series in '06? (kicking cub ass for 100 years) any other hat for that year is stupid.

chitownhawkfan
08-23-2005, 05:04 PM
I always thought that too but when I went to the Sox Dodgers when they gave away the 1959 hats sponsored by Miller Lite, the people at the gates were giving them out to everybody including little kids.

Whats wrong with that, I mean brand loyalty has to start at the cradle. They dont want those kids to grow up to be sixteen and have their first beer be a Bud.

JohnBasedowYoda
08-23-2005, 06:26 PM

i had to show my freakin id to get one

dirty_k
08-24-2005, 01:41 PM
I'd like to see them to stick to the team colors and use the sock logo.
My fav give-away is probably the 1919 with the Miller Lite logo on the side.
The 60's? one with Leinenkugel on the side is nice as well.
The Insure One flying sock one is unique.
Very disappointed the half-way to St. Pat's Day hat was so cheap and didn't have a shamrock on it.
Turn ahead the clock night was a pleasant surprise with an un-announced hat give-away and good tie-in with Century 21 as the sponsor.
I would be great for them to give away 40k or so hats one night.

I missed the Sat night hat give-away earlier this month - what was the hat and who was the sponsor?

SoxinAZ
08-24-2005, 01:44 PM
We need a bobblehead day!

jabrch
08-24-2005, 10:52 PM
I'd like to see the 2005 World Series Champs hats!

peeonwrigley
08-24-2005, 11:22 PM
I'd like to see them to stick to the team colors and use the sock logo.
My fav give-away is probably the 1919 with the Miller Lite logo on the side.
The 60's? one with Leinenkugel on the side is nice as well.
The Insure One flying sock one is unique.
Very disappointed the half-way to St. Pat's Day hat was so cheap and didn't have a shamrock on it.
Turn ahead the clock night was a pleasant surprise with an un-announced hat give-away and good tie-in with Century 21 as the sponsor.
I would be great for them to give away 40k or so hats one night.

I missed the Sat night hat give-away earlier this month - what was the hat and who was the sponsor?

I saw a woman on the CTA wearing a green one with the current Sox script on the front and a shamrock at the back of the fitted hat. Pretty slick looking, I may have to locate one of those.

Chisox003
08-24-2005, 11:30 PM
I saw a woman on the CTA wearing a green one with the current Sox script on the front and a shamrock at the back of the fitted hat. Pretty slick looking, I may have to locate one of those.

http://www.lids.com/pid/20027758

Very nice....

Looks like thats my next hat :gulp:

HotelWhiteSox
08-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Grandstand has a green one on their site https://secure.chicagoproducers.net/grandstandsox_com/store/view_product.php?product=NEWP32MA10