PDA

View Full Version : Sox Jinxs

08-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Do you or your friends have any Sox Jinxs? Things you must do before a game, or NOT do before a game...here are some of mine

1. I can not wear my AJ Jersey to anymore games no matter how much I love it, it's 0-4.

2. I can not make any positive predictions, as far as "We got this one in the bag" cause then they lose in the 9th.

3. I can not make any bets on the Sox to win anything, when I do, they lose 9 out of 10 times

4. My lucky game day Boxers

tlebar318
08-23-2005, 10:24 AM
I cannot personally attend any games or it is an automatic loss!
Record with me in attendance this year is 0-4. The Sox lost both games I went to in Tampa and they lost both games I attended when I flew to Chicago to see them play the Cubs back in June. I will stick to TV and I hope my friends in Chicago don't get me a playoff game ticket either!:tongue:

Baby Fisk
08-23-2005, 10:34 AM
I don't believe in jinxes, but usually:

a) blast the same CD prior to watching a Sox game on TV (The Music's (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008A7PW/ref=m_art_li_1/002-1568788-5354466?v=glance&s=music) self-titled debut)

b) never wear the same Sox hat twice in a row

Unregistered
08-23-2005, 10:42 AM
I don't select a WSI Pick to Click if the Sox lose on consecutive days.

SoxinAZ
08-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Don't bet on the Sox to win.:gulp:

DumpJerry
08-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I went to all six games last week. After Friday's loss, I was told by my friends to never go back. Glad I ignored them Sunday. Some are still telling me to stay away, but I suspect they are telling me that to get my Sept. tickets.

skottyj242
08-23-2005, 11:46 AM
I have to have at least one Budweiser during every game. If I attend two consecutive losses I usually pull out my Billy Koch jersey and that stops the losing streak but it didn't on Friday for some reason.

Domeshot17
08-23-2005, 06:26 PM
I am one of the most superstitious people ever in terms of baseball, and this has ruined my season, I started the year 6-1, 1 loss was Jose to AZ which by the time we got there he had already given up 7. This was any combo of me my girlfriend and friends. Since then I am 0 and 7, and Girlfriends mom has been with EVERY TIME. So For Girlfriends birthday, my dad got her a ticket voucher [ for 2 ], and if we win on the day we go ( if anyone cares probably half way to St Patricks day), then girlfriends mom will no longer be allowed to goto games, me and girlfriends dad decided this!

Soxmissy
08-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Last Friday was casual day at work. I wore My Konerko jersey. He was scratched from the lineup for 2 days. I will not wear it again until they clinch.:(:

slobes
08-23-2005, 08:18 PM
I always wear the exact same thing to every sox game: same shorts, undershirt, sox jersey, hat, until they lose. After each loss, I'll change up my uniform a bit and see how that one goes.

Brian26
08-23-2005, 08:36 PM
LOL, great thread...

Here's this year's Sox jinx in the Brian26 household. The Sox game cannot ever be on the television in the living room. It can only be on the tv in the bedroom or den. This jinx started in the first week of the season with the Shingo meltdown. I had watched the game in the den up until the 9th, then went into the other room to work on some items at the table. Then, the nightmare happened. Since then, whenever the tv has been on in that room with the Sox game, they have lost.

whitesoxwilkes
08-23-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm supersitious about jerseys, hats, and the pens I keep score with.

The permutations are way too many to list here though.

:bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
08-23-2005, 11:21 PM
My superstition goes a little something like this.... Seeing as I haven't witnessed a win in person since July 5, I have to stay the hell away from the Cell. :whiner:

soxjim
08-23-2005, 11:27 PM
I wish I could send my 9 year old niece she is 8-0 at the cell. 3-0 at Detroit. 1-0 at the urinal. But she starts school tomorrow and I can't afford it. For me I'm not going to eat until the SOX win again.

Chips
08-23-2005, 11:37 PM
When I bet on the Sox they usually win.

It seems whenever my 1932 Sox hat, they lose.

SoXPriDe33
08-23-2005, 11:42 PM
I just got a new sox hat and they started 4-0 when i wore it but then i went on vacation and forgot it and they started this terrible offensive slump and now with school starting and no hats allowed in the building I fear the worse. :(:

Chips
08-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Also, I have been traveling to Minnesota for work the past few weeks and it seems every night I was up there and watched the game they lost. The games I couldn't watch because it was on in th day or the bar didn't have it, they won. I'm done going to Minnesota and if I do, I'm not going to watch the game.

LongLiveFisk
08-24-2005, 10:42 AM
When I bet on the Sox they usually win.

Can you increase the frequency of these bets? :wink: