PDA

View Full Version : Rally Panties!!!

08-23-2005, 08:24 AM
I guess Timo hung a pair of Black Extra Wide Panites in the Sox locker room before Sundays game and designated them the "Rally Panties"...Hey whatever works...if the Angels can have the Rally Monkey, we can have Rally Panties...start waving those around atthe ball game!!!:D:

Kuzman
08-23-2005, 08:27 AM
I heard about this and nearly drove off the road laughing at how silly that was.

veeter
08-23-2005, 09:04 AM
I love it. It adds another dimension to the season.

Tekijawa
08-23-2005, 09:09 AM
On a semi-stupid but similar story. Since the beginning of the season I have worn my Simpson's Boxers (I know pretty sad for a 28 year old) and White Sox Undershirt Every Monday, Except for the past two weeks. I Got us back on track Yesterday though, so it appears that Undergarments are obviously connected to this team some how...

08-23-2005, 09:14 AM
On a semi-stupid but similar story. Since the beginning of the season I have worn my Simpson's Boxers (I know pretty sad for a 28 year old) and White Sox Undershirt Every Monday, Except for the past two weeks. I Got us back on track Yesterday though, so it appears that Undergarments are obviously connected to this team some how...

Don't feel bad I have the same problem...I got my lucky boxers that have a great record when the Sox are playing...I got my jinx boxers that I swear they never win when I wear them 9I save those for off days!!)...Sad but true

Kuzman
08-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Don't feel bad I have the same problem...I got my lucky boxers that have a great record when the Sox are playing...I got my jinx boxers that I swear they never win when I wear them 9I save those for off days!!)...Sad but true

were you wearing those boxers for that 7-game losing streak? :tongue:

mweflen
08-23-2005, 09:52 AM
not underwear, but my hat appears to have magical qualities. There is a strong correlation (high degree of statistical validity) between my wearing the hat and a Sox win. I went out of town during "the streak" and was not wearing my hat.

It is a crushing burden of responsibility, I must say. I sympathize with others' boxer-related burdens. Perhaps we should coordinate these things so that we can each enjoy an 'off' day...

scottjanssens
08-23-2005, 09:57 AM
I wonder how many pairs of underwear will be sent to Comiskey now.

MIgrenade
08-23-2005, 09:57 AM
not underwear, but my hat appears to have magical qualities. There is a strong correlation (high degree of statistical validity) between my wearing the hat and a Sox win. I went out of town during "the streak" and was not wearing my hat.

It is a crushing burden of responsibility, I must say. I sympathize with others' boxer-related burdens. Perhaps we should coordinate these things so that we can each enjoy an 'off' day...

I have the same issue. For some reason the Sox don't win when I wear my black Sox hat, but yesterday I wore the 1983 hat and they did win. For best results, though I wear a Dodgers hat..ironic a bit I know.

Iwritecode
08-23-2005, 10:10 AM
I thought it was the fact that I went on vacation that they decided to go into a 7-game slump... The day I came back (Sunday) they finally won.

Luckily I don't have any more long vacations planned for the rest of the year.

tlebar318
08-23-2005, 10:15 AM
I guess there is a side of Timo we don't want to know about?
ballplayer by day and after the game he slips into something a little more comfortable?:D:

Tekijawa
08-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Brooks if you're reading this we may need a "Lucky Boxer and Hat day" for the Stretch run!

And Timo if you're reading this my Wife could use a much smaller version of the Rally Panties!

nlentz88
08-23-2005, 10:28 AM
Once again, Timo shows his value to the team besides his offensive and defensive capabilities. Way to go Timo! Way to keep the club house atmosphere light! Rowand attributed Sunday's win to the team just having fun again, something that was missing during the losing streak.

But yeah, can imagine the Cell filled with fans whirling black panties over their heads to try and encourage the team to rally for a late win? Oh man, that would be crazy!

mweflen
08-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Once again, Timo shows his value to the team besides his offensive and defensive capabilities. Way to go Timo!

There was a serious teal deficit in your post. I corrected it for you.

:tealpolice:

MisterB
08-23-2005, 10:58 AM
I guess there is a side of Timo we don't want to know about?
ballplayer by day and after the game he slips into something a little more comfortable?:D:

Who says he waits 'til after the game? :o:

The rose goes in the front, big guy.

jdm2662
08-23-2005, 11:00 AM
I've got an old Sox shirt from '90 when they just released the current unis. I put it on Sunday because they've had good luck when I worn it. Sure enough, they won. We will see if this trend continues.

Then again, they are 2-0 when I go to the game wearing a white shirt...

Jerko
08-23-2005, 11:11 AM
So, for the upcoming doubleheader in Texas, is Timo going to hang a rally bra?

wdelaney72
08-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Now if only Timo could actually hit.

mweflen
08-23-2005, 11:21 AM
I'd be very pleased if Timo were restricted to lingerie purchasing duties while other more capable players were actually in the lineup...

skottyj242
08-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I read about the panties this morning and for some reason I thought of Mark Grace a while ago mentioning something about getting with a big girl to break out of a slump.....he refered to these females as Slump Busters. Maybe Timo Slump Busted Saturday night? Or I'm sure everyone is familiar with the term "taking one for the team."

Garland_IS_God
08-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I have a rain poncho that I wear everytime the weather is horrible. My buddies also bring their poncjos as well and we all call them the "Rally Ponchos" cause it seems like everytime there's rain delay and the sox are losing they always come back and win. I havent gone to a game where in rained in a while so hopefully I can break it out again soon.

"Dont mess with the powers of the Rally Poncho!!!!"

skottyj242
08-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Is Mariotti going to write an article now on how Timo should be suspended because he's not being politically correct to the obese?

mweflen
08-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Is Mariotti going to write an article now on how Timo should be suspended because he's not being politically correct to the obese?

"If Reinsdorf doesn't suspend Timo now, he is a spinless jerk who should be run out of town on a rail."

"Oh wait, I already thought that. Times two, then."

34 Inch Stick
08-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Underwear? Do people still wear that?

Iwritecode
08-23-2005, 12:20 PM
I read about the panties this morning and for some reason I thought of Mark Grace a while ago mentioning something about getting with a big girl to break out of a slump.....he refered to these females as Slump Busters.

Well with all those WS rings on his fingers it obviously worked... :D:

Tekijawa
08-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Well with all those WS rings on his fingers it obviously worked... :D:

He's got more rings than anyone playing on our team!

skottyj242
08-23-2005, 01:22 PM
He's got more rings than anyone playing on our team!

Thanks for backing me up.

Doesn't El Duque have three though?

TimoPerez
08-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Timo rules. Where did you guys hear this? Is there an article online anywhere?

tlebar318
08-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Timo rules. Where did you guys hear this? Is there an article online anywhere?

In today's Cubune....

TimoPerez
08-23-2005, 02:41 PM
In today's Cubune....

Thank you.

Tekijawa
08-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for backing me up.

Doesn't El Duque have three though?

Ahhh you're right! D'oh

woodenleg
08-23-2005, 02:58 PM
This is filthy, and presents a poor image of Chicago and especially the south side.

:tsk:

batmanZoSo
08-23-2005, 03:03 PM
I guess Timo hung a pair of Black Extra Wide Panites in the Sox locker room before Sundays game and designated them the "Rally Panties"...Hey whatever works...if the Angels can have the Rally Monkey, we can have Rally Panties...start waving those around atthe ball game!!!:D:

I <3 Timo! :supernana:

DickAllen72
08-23-2005, 03:09 PM
But yeah, can imagine the Cell filled with fans whirling black panties over their heads to try and encourage the team to rally for a late win? Oh man, that would be crazy!

That would be just plain dumb. Talk about giving White Sox fans a bad reputation!

ewokpelts
08-23-2005, 03:10 PM
i guess this perpetutates the "babe bench" theoryGene

Wsoxmike59
08-24-2005, 09:09 AM
http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v169/carrie_webber/bigPanties.jpgLET'S GO WHITE SOX!!!!

You know you want some of this, dontcha??? You know that you do!!!

LVSoxFan
08-24-2005, 11:11 AM
The idea of "rally" anything is so... Cubs.

Speaking of superstition, the last game we won at home that I attended was a Boston game. That game, for the first time, I wore the Sox gray "away" jersey.

In this slump, where I watched them lose Wednesday and Friday nights, I wore the same one to Sunday's game, and we won.

Guess I'll be wearin' that sucker at every home game until we lose.