PDA

View Full Version : Cool NY Times graphic of HR binge vs. Big Unit

Vernam
08-22-2005, 08:59 PM
In light of the off day, I'm still reliving yesterday's outburst against Johnson. The NY Times ran this breakdown:
http://www.cipherdom.com/pix/22YANKS_GRAPHIC.gif
Sadly, they forgot this image: :bandance:

VC

NSSoxFan
08-22-2005, 09:06 PM
I can't stop thinking how great Aaron's and Widger's HR's were.

MIgrenade
08-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Pauley has a real sweet swing.

MUsoxfan
08-22-2005, 09:13 PM
I think I have to make that my wallpaper. It's just so beautiful:D:

PaleHoseGeorge
08-22-2005, 09:19 PM
I think I have to make that my wallpaper. It's just so beautiful:D:

:knue
"Of course we at the Cubune would have paid tribute to the Sox fourth inning, too, but... umm.... err... our photogapher ran out of film at that exact moment and we didn't get any pictures. Yeah that's the ticket, we didn't have any more film. ... So we just decided to go with the "what's wrong with the Sox angle" instead. Sure it's old news... but we're the Cubune. We can do what we want. Just ask Don Wycliff. He's got an advanced degree... in journalism, no less!!!"

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-22-2005, 10:05 PM
I can't stop thinking how great Aaron's and Widger's HR's were.

The best part of Widger's HR, was it was shoulder high, he fought it off, and nailed it. That one, IMO, really pissed the Unit off.

Chips
08-22-2005, 10:10 PM
I love that picture of Iguchi, he looks like he just tapping it, Aaron, Walnuts, and Widger look like they're swinging for a longball with the facial expressions, but Iguchi look so laid back.

Vernam
08-22-2005, 10:14 PM
The best part of Widger's HR, was it was shoulder high, he fought it off, and nailed it. That one, IMO, really pissed the Unit off.Bingo. See this: LINK (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/22/sports/baseball/22yankees.html). Widger was almost apologetic, in fact:

"He makes that pitch, and 99 out of 100 times, there's no way I even put that ball in play," Widger said. "That just happened to be the one where I did. I hit it solid, but it was a two-strike swing, and I didn't know it was going. Shoot, after I hit it, I was just happy that I made contact and put it in the outfield, to be honest with you.

"I'm not that good, especially. Even the good hitters aren't going to hit that pitch very often. He put it right where he wanted to at 94 miles an hour. Somehow, the barrel of my bat hit it. I'm not going to question why it happened. I'm just happy that it did."

Enough! I didn't hear the Yanks apologizing for how they won the first two.:cool:

VC