PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is a joke

Kwrubac
08-22-2005, 05:31 PM
So I had eagerly anticipated ESPN's 50 states in 50 days to reach Illinois and today was finally that day...As expected they broadcasted of course from Wrigley Field...In fact they had a 5 minute segment on that pathetic team on the northside...so where was the mention of the Sox, you know that team that is in first place, the one that hit 4 home runs off of the Big Unit in an inning?! Not one single mention at all, they distinctly gave the impression that the Cubs were the only team in the city...All I have to say to ESPN is how much stock does the Tribune Company own, truly a sad sad day to be from Chicago, particularly from the south side. It would have been nice if they would have just mentioned the Sox, I wasn't expecting a whole segment but come on now. They made time for the Bears, Bulls, Hawks, and even the Illini, but no Sox. Guess will just have to show them in October that in fact there is another baseball team in Chicago and they do something the Cubs can't...SUCCEED :angry:

buehrle4cy05
08-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Wow, I guess we really did pack up and leave for St. Pete in the late 80's, and the last 16 years have been nothing but a long, well-thought out dream.

Trav
08-22-2005, 05:41 PM
I am with you Kruwbac. Someone will prolly post the "who cares" tag but I am with you. My question is, what else do you watch for sports highlites?

kittle42
08-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Utterly ludicrous.

It's Time
08-22-2005, 05:44 PM
They are now doing a Bartman segment. Unreal!

DukeOfComiskey
08-22-2005, 05:47 PM
:angry::angry::angry::angry:

arrrrr!

Chisox003
08-22-2005, 05:49 PM
This is unbelievable

I really dont understand the point behind this bull****

**** ESPN

It's Time
08-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Showing Bartman pretty much wanting to die after that play. So sad.

HotelWhiteSox
08-22-2005, 05:50 PM
I was about to post this, what a sad exhibition that was. So much focus on the Flubs, while all the other major teams got a mention, yes even the Blackhakws, and the Sox got 0 mention, as if one baseball team exists in this town. I was hoping they'd do their research, and talk about how Carey started the 7th inning stretch tradition on the South Side, but furthur Cub fluff pieces on how Haray Carey is a Cub legend and that the area around it is a great neigborhood and how everything is friendly, including showing the social rejects who have spent their lives outside of the ballpark. They went through the teams and named great players, nope, not one mention of Frank Thomas or the White Sox at all, no mention of the team that doesn't con its fans with premium ticket services, the better stadium with *gasp* parking, the history of old Comiskey, at this point, I guess I should be thankful that they didn't pull a 'Ligue' mention. Weak, embarrasing, I don't know what words to use, I just hate the media, both local and national. It would make more sense to me if they would've done it on other aspects of Illinois, but other then very brief snippets, Chicago was their main focus, and no mention, truly sticking it into the backs of the White Sox. I even think they got the 'Windy City' story wrong, they said it had to do with Chicago bragging in a world fair, I've heard different assumptions and stories, but I always thought it was a jab at the 'windy politicians' either at a convention or from the city itself. Conclusion, it sucked, I'm guessing what was shown for the 5pm Sportscenter will be used at night, embarrasing.

Oh, and what a great idea for tonight also, let's televise two teams who can be watched on national superstations regularly! ESPN is a joke

It's Time
08-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Amazingly, the White Sox played the Yankees yesterday and it was trumped by this live remote from Wrigley. They are now going to show the top ten moments in Illinois sports. Can't wait.

The Dude
08-22-2005, 05:57 PM
:angry::angry::angry::angry:

arrrrr!

:hawk

"He Gone!"

I could only imagine which poster that was.:cool:

HotelWhiteSox
08-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Shock, no mention of the White Sox in the Illinois Top 10 poll, though every other major Chicago team is mentioned, again, as if there is one baseball team in town, or the spot of the White Sox was overtaken by the Illini. Again, I understand it should be of all of Illinois, but to completely focus on Chicago and deliberaty not mention them at all?

It's Time
08-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Ohhhh my! The fridge scoring a touchdown in the SB was ranked number 1. Kerry Wood checks in at 6 for his 20 K game in 1998 and the cheater checks in at number 4 for the 98 HR duel with MM.

The only non mentions in town were the Black Hawks and guess who?

Iron Dragon
08-22-2005, 06:00 PM
...after watching SC's 50 in 50 Illinois. Here it is:

Unbelievable. I just wasted 10 minutes of my life watching, with some anticipation, SportsCenter's 50 States in 50 days - Illinois. Throughout this 600-second spew-fest, half was devoted to the "Shrine" (gag) Wrigley Field, Wrigleyville, and the unLovable Losers. In the other half, not one mention was made that another baseball team even exists in Chicago, the White Sox, other than a small graphic at the bottom of the screen saying the Sox haven't won a post-season series since 1917. Not a logo, not a highlight, not the fact that the Sox employ the best organist in baseball, not a mention of some of the great players who played on the South Side, nothing! Instead, we get 4 minutes or so of Steve Bartman, who hasn't been seen in TWO YEARS!! It wasn't even his fault! Nice work. Oh, by the way, they are STILL the team with the best record in the AL.

ESPN is the "Worldwide leader in Sports"? You failed to mention an entire franchise in MLB. What an incredible, egregious, myopic error, even if the Sox are the less popular team. Another wonderful piece from the Eastcoast Sports Programming Network. I will be reconsidering my cable-source for sports information.

PS. Harry Caray started with the WHITE SOX!

Letmehearya
08-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Winning the World Series will change the dynamic. C'mon JR, let Kenny be Kenny and get the sticks we need to win this thing.

Iron Dragon
08-22-2005, 06:07 PM
See what you people have done to me?

Now, I forgot to add something about USCF's renovations. Somebody do that! :smile:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-22-2005, 06:07 PM
This might have had something to do with it:

http://www.670thescore.com/upload/for_immediate_release.pdf#search='white%20sox%20go %20to%20score%20wscr'

The Chicago White Sox and WSCR (670 AM) have announced a new five-year agreement, making WSCR the exclusive radio broadcast rights holder of Chicago White Sox baseball games beginning in 2006.

Then again, probably not. I've never liked ESPN. Good riddance.

whtsx1959
08-22-2005, 06:09 PM
I thought he started with the Cardinals

Edit: Yep, 25 with the St. Louis Cardinals, 1 with the Oakland Athletics,
11 with the Chicago White Sox and 16 with the Chicago Cubs.

ilsox7
08-22-2005, 06:09 PM
May I suggest watching COmcast Sportsnet? Because of the Sports Night show on Comcast, I probably only watch Sportscenter once a month and usually by accident at that. Same goes with Baseball Tonight. ESPN just isn't worth watching on even a semi-regular basis when it comes to baseball coverage.

DumpJerry
08-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Winning the World Series will change the dynamic. C'mon JR, let Kenny be Kenny and get the sticks we need to win this thing.
JR has told KW the sky is the limit on spending $$$. That does not mean other teams are willing to deal right now. After August 31st, we can sign anyone we want to, he just won't be able to play in the post season. It sounds like KW hasthe green light to sign away in the offseason for next year. Revenues are way up this year for some reason that ESPN is unaware of............

Trav
08-22-2005, 06:18 PM
May I suggest watching COmcast Sportsnet? Because of the Sports Night show on Comcast, I probably only watch Sportscenter once a month and usually by accident at that. Same goes with Baseball Tonight. ESPN just isn't worth watching on even a semi-regular basis when it comes to baseball coverage.

Does Comcast do baseball only stories? Don't they have regonal spcific programming? I live on the East Coast and don't really want to hear about Baltimore and New York and Boston.

SOXintheBURGH
08-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Ohhhh my! The fridge scoring a touchdown in the SB was ranked number 1. Kerry Wood checks in at 6 for his 20 K game in 1998 and the cheater checks in at number 4 for the 98 HR duel with MM.

http://triviana.com/enttriv/farley1.gif

Remember..... that game when you struck all those guys out ....all those years ago? ....... That was awesome.

Kogs35
08-22-2005, 06:27 PM
This might have had something to do with it:

http://www.670thescore.com/upload/for_immediate_release.pdf#search='white%20sox%20go %20to%20score%20wscr'

The Chicago White Sox and WSCR (670 AM) have announced a new five-year agreement, making WSCR the exclusive radio broadcast rights holder of Chicago White Sox baseball games beginning in 2006.

Then again, probably not. I've never liked ESPN. Good riddance.

radio on tv r diff things. abc was actually going to sell mvp, but they r keeping it.

ilsox7
08-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Does Comcast do baseball only stories? Don't they have regonal spcific programming? I live on the East Coast and don't really want to hear about Baltimore and New York and Boston.

I think you're screwed if you're not in Comcast's Chicago market.

Trav
08-22-2005, 06:38 PM
I think you're screwed if you're not in Comcast's Chicago market.

Thanks and that is what I thought. Again the question remains, Where do you watch sports highlites if you don't watch ESPN?

Iron Dragon
08-22-2005, 06:42 PM
I thought he started with the Cardinals

Edit:Yep, 25 with the St. Louis Cardinals, 1 with the Oakland Athletics,
11 with the Chicago White Sox and 16 with the Chicago Cubs.

Ok, well, he was with the Sox BEFORE the Cubs, which is what I meant. Say what you mean, mean what you say...

HotelWhiteSox
08-22-2005, 06:55 PM

Actually the Blackhawks were on the top 10 (i wanna say around 8th) and they talked about Hull earlier in their segments. No White Sox mentions

MarySwiss
08-22-2005, 06:55 PM
...after watching SC's 50 in 50 Illinois. Here it is:

Unbelievable. I just wasted 10 minutes of my life watching, with some anticipation, SportsCenter's 50 States in 50 days - Illinois. Throughout this 600-second spew-fest, half was devoted to the "Shrine" (gag) Wrigley Field, Wrigleyville, and the unLovable Losers. In the other half, not one mention was made that another baseball team even exists in Chicago, the White Sox, other than a small graphic at the bottom of the screen saying the Sox haven't won a post-season series since 1917. Not a logo, not a highlight, not the fact that the Sox employ the best organist in baseball, not a mention of some of the great players who played on the South Side, nothing! Instead, we get 4 minutes or so of Steve Bartman, who hasn't been seen in TWO YEARS!! It wasn't even his fault! Nice work. Oh, by the way, they are STILL the team with the best record in the AL.

ESPN is the "Worldwide leader in Sports"? You failed to mention an entire franchise in MLB. What an incredible, egregious, myopic error, even if the Sox are the less popular team. Another wonderful piece from the Eastcoast Sports Programming Network. I will be reconsidering my cable-source for sports information.

Very nice rant. Although probably futile. But I'm having a lot of fun visualizing someone at ESPN running around frantically looking for a dictionary, so he or she can look up "egregious" and "myopic." ("Incredible" even they probably know.)

robertks61
08-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the support. If we keep getting the word out someone will listen!

Max Power
08-22-2005, 07:10 PM
For the record they did mention the Sox when they were going through the championship droughts of Chicago teams. They said the Sox "haven't won a playoff series since 1917, but they do have the best record in the AL this season." See, they talked about the Sox for 3 whole seconds!!

I was surprised the 1906 World Series didn't make it, but since the Sox won there's no way they'd mention it. Also, Northwestern going to the Rose Bowl would have been nice.

soxfan43
08-22-2005, 07:15 PM
ESPN doesn't care about the sox because not too many people outside of Chicago do. The cubs, yanks, bosox for whatever reasons all have large national followings, and espn is a national network. yes the sox deserve more coverage, but maybe if the sox keep it up for a couple seasons things will change but until then, deal with it. I get all the sox coverage I need right here in chicago with comcast, sun times, the cubune, the daily herald and the daily southtown, not to mention the internet.

Kogs35
08-22-2005, 07:24 PM
from today on mediaweek.com

Like a hungry shark circling its prey, Comcast and its Outdoor Life Network, now referred to as OLN, is continuing its low-key but determined move to take a bite out of cable sports kingpin ESPN.

Not only did it snatch away cable rights for the National Hockey League for the next several years last week, but now Comcast/OLN has set its sights on landing Major League Baseballís Sunday-Wednesday-night cable package, the rights to which expire at the end of the current season.

HotelWhiteSox
08-22-2005, 07:26 PM
from today on mediaweek.com

People from Comcast that I know also tell me that this is a serious goal for them, but they are keeping it low key, but a big move that they are eyeing is the NFL in the future. Of course, they'd probably change the name and layout, I'm very happy with Sportsnite though, and want to see them give it a shot.

TommyJohn
08-22-2005, 08:00 PM

How in the WORLD does screwing a Chicago sports LEGEND out of a TD in
the Super Bowl get ranked number 1? Who the hell voted in the poll?

MarySwiss
08-22-2005, 08:11 PM
ESPN doesn't care about the sox because not too many people outside of Chicago do. The cubs, yanks, bosox for whatever reasons all have large national followings, and espn is a national network. yes the sox deserve more coverage, but maybe if the sox keep it up for a couple seasons things will change but until then, deal with it. I get all the sox coverage I need right here in chicago with comcast, sun times, the cubune, the daily herald and the daily southtown, not to mention the internet.

Sorry, soxfan. I'm sure you're sincere, but I have to disagree with you on a number of points.

First, do you seriously believe that all--or even most--White Sox fans live in Chicago? If so, maybe you should examine the posts to this site more carefully. There have been Sox fans for decades, and they are everywhere. We are a far-flung Sox Army.

Second, the Cubs, Yanks, and BoSox have large national followings mainly because ESPN is a national network, and it views itself as a kingmaker.

Third, the Cubs have won diddly-squat and the BoSox have won diddly+1, so what makes them "deserve" more coverage than the White Sox?

Fourth, if you truly believe the coverage that you get from the local rags plus ESPN is all you need....

Iron Dragon
08-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Very nice rant. Although probably futile. But I'm having a lot of fun visualizing someone at ESPN running around frantically looking for a dictionary, so he or she can look up "egregious" and "myopic." ("Incredible" even they probably know.)

Thanks. That is a good visual, too.:smile:

TommyJohn
08-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Sorry, soxfan. I'm sure you're sincere, but I have to disagree with you on a number of points.

First, do you seriously believe that all--or even most--White Sox fans live in Chicago? If so, maybe you should examine the posts to this site more carefully. There have been Sox fans for decades, and they are everywhere. We are a far-flung Sox Army.

Second, the Cubs, Yanks, and BoSox have large national followings mainly because ESPN is a national network, and it views itself as a kingmaker.

Third, the Cubs have won diddly-squat and the BoSox have won diddly+1, so what makes them "deserve" more coverage than the White Sox?

Fourth, if you truly believe the coverage that you get from the local rags plus ESPN is all you need....

I love reading your posts, MS. They're great. Too bad you weren't saying
this stuff on ESPN.

MarySwiss
08-22-2005, 08:20 PM
I love reading your posts, MS. They're great. Too bad you weren't saying
this stuff on ESPN.

Thanks, Tommy. I like your posts too!

And I only WISH I had the chance to say it on ESPN. Maybe if I disguised myself as Ronnie Woo-woo...Nah, that probably wouldn't fool anyone. Then again, this is ESPN we're talking about, so maybe it would!:rolleyes:

TommyJohn
08-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks, Tommy. I like your posts too!

And I only WISH I had the chance to say it on ESPN. Maybe if I disguised myself as Ronnie Woo-woo...Nah, that probably wouldn't fool anyone. Then again, this is ESPN we're talking about, so maybe it would!:rolleyes:

No Ronnie Woo Woo disguise would be complete without your new teeth or
your smelly, raggedy, worn-every-day-of-your-adult life Cubs uniform. Don't
leave home without them.

SABRSox
08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
To tell you the truth, media companies, including the one I work for, don't usually read those letters. They simply use them for marketing purposes. They figure for about every letter they get, there are 10 other viewers for that particular program. That is the extent to which they care... it's sad.

winning ugly 72
08-22-2005, 10:22 PM
i couldn't believe their was not one mention of the sox or even a highlight .I sat there with my mouth wide open. i was watching it with my wife she knew right away what was going thru my mind just what this thread says ESPN IS A JOKE

soxfan43
08-22-2005, 10:29 PM

I didn't say they deserve more coverage, they just get it because for some reason people are amused by whiny losers. And, I just saw the full 50 in 50 thing on espn, what a joke. It is almost like they left the sox out on purpose, like they just cut out sox stuff. So on that front, I was wrong. Its one thing to give the cubs, yanks and bosox more coverage but its ridiculous to cut the sox totally out of a segment like this.

SoxFan78
08-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Un-f******-Believable.

ESPN had to try to leave the White Sox out. They did this on purpose, no doubt about it. Why did they? Who knows, but this was a very deliberate move to not even mention the White Sox in this 50/50 piece.

If im the White Sox, I ban ESPN from showing any of their games on their family of networks, and also do not let any of their reporters interview any of the players or be allowed in Comiskey.

You gonna slight the White Sox thats fine, have them shut the ESPN media out then.

Im so pissed

SOecks
08-22-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't expect much from ESPN in terms of Sox reporting, but this 50 in 50 special is just so rediculous I don't know how to react. In the intro, they mention 3 of 4 Chicago pro stadiums without even mentioning the Cell. Then they're going through all the people and places and mention the L Train and a bunch of other useless crap, still with no mention of the Sox.

It has been a big Cubs advertisement so far. Come on. They have not even MENTIONED that there is an American League baseball team in the city! I couldn't believe they even had a nice clip on the Blackhawks and Hull, but no mention that my Sox even EXIST.

Yes I'm really used to the media bias and have accepted it, but this is just so inexcusable I don't even know what to say. Maybe they'll do another segment at the tail end and mention that the Sox play professional baseball in Illinois (and by the way are going to be in the playoffs shortly).

gaelhound
08-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Not much of a suprise really. This sports station is just junk.
Amazing that they overlook the Largest crowd ever to witness a college football game, and the largest crowds ever to witness High School football at the old Soldier Field set up holding over 120,000 fans. They spent more time on wind surfing in portland Oregon than the White Sox. And it was not for gratuitous bikini shots!
Win, and keep on winning until you can look the bastards in the eye and tell them to go to hell!:angry:

soxfan43
08-22-2005, 10:54 PM
I gotta admit though, watching that bartman play I just crack up and remember where I was during that game. Mostly surrounded by cubs fans at college and then laughing my ass off with my buddy from atlanta at all their faces of disbelief.

SOecks
08-22-2005, 10:57 PM
I usually make fun of teams/players when they try to use that "us against the world" thing and say that nobody thinks they can win it all, but the 2005 Sox have free reign to have that mentality if you ask me. This is just so underhanded and obviously deliberate I can't even put my anger into words. I'm going to try and email/voicemail Reinsdorf or KW tomorrow and see if I can get some sort of explanation or reaction.

SoxFan78
08-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Other things that pissed me off of the segment.

-They even had time to cover the Chicago Air and Water show that was going on Sunday. Some other team was playing that day in Chicago.

-I quote "Chicago's other baseball team, the White Sox"

What funny though is that they show all the Scrub fans having fun at the stadium, but during the bartman segment, they show how cub fans reacted when Bartman tried catching the ball. One guy even holds up a sign saying something to the effect that they should kill Bartman.

Where's Hangar when we need him?

SOecks
08-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Oh my god, I just saw Ronnie Woo Woo dancing with some poor girl. They give that loser airtime and cut out all mention of my Sox? WT! Now another goat story. And a bunch of loser Cub fans in the background cheering. Did they forget that there team is 6+ games back in the wild card and lost by a home run in the 9th inning tonight? I'm not normally a bitter Sox fan but I think I've just been put over the edge.

CaptainBallz
08-22-2005, 11:09 PM
We all know darn well that it's ALL about the $$$, well at least I'm fairly convinced. My question then is, WHAT VESTED INTEREST DOES ESPN HAVE IN REFUSING TO ADMIT THE EXISTENCE OF THE SOX?? Who pee'd in their Kool-Aid? Someone earlier posted that the Sox are dumping ESPN radio, but c'mon!
I guess I could do my own research into the corporate hierarchy and who's gettin their rocks off here, but if anybody knows the story, please tell.

Or maybe WSI has really hit a major nerve with the "minor" media and we're all getting the collective "bird".

Poppycock, I say.:angry:

skobabe8
08-23-2005, 12:46 AM

I saw the Hawks get mentioned.....

SouthSide_HitMen
08-23-2005, 01:34 AM
Shock, no mention of the White Sox in the Illinois Top 10 poll, though every other major Chicago team is mentioned, again, as if there is one baseball team in town, or the spot of the White Sox was overtaken by the Illini. Again, I understand it should be of all of Illinois, but to completely focus on Chicago and deliberaty not mention them at all?

Did the Cubs affliate in Peoria Chiefs in A Ball make the Top 10? If they didn't it would be a true outrage and demonstrates the lenghts Sox fans will go through to rip on the cubbies.

BeviBall!
08-23-2005, 08:07 AM
This segment was truly pathetic... even moreso, how many people outside of Chicago even noticed the omission?

TommyJohn
08-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Other things that pissed me off of the segment.

-They even had time to cover the Chicago Air and Water show that was going on Sunday. Some other team was playing that day in Chicago.

-I quote "Chicago's other baseball team, the White Sox"

What funny though is that they show all the Scrub fans having fun at the stadium, but during the bartman segment, they show how cub fans reacted when Bartman tried catching the ball. One guy even holds up a sign saying something to the effect that they should kill Bartman.

Where's Hangar when we need him?

Another example of the pathetic double standard written about in another thread. Three yahoos run out onto the field and now all Sox fans are viewed and spoken of as barely human trash. Cub fans trash, boo, swear at, call for the killing of and harass a fan, threaten his life, harass his parents for God's sake and they are viewed as passionate, loyal, long-suffering fans instead of
the gutter trash that they are.

Disclaimer: That above statement does not apply to all Cub fans, just the
ones who acted like mindless animals.

Hangar18
08-23-2005, 10:03 AM
This segment was truly pathetic... even moreso, how many people outside of Chicago even noticed the omission?

This is what ive been NOTICING for years and years, and it was really getting on my nerves. Most people said "ahhh, forget the media" or "We dont need the coverage" but whats happened by IGNORING the coverage for years
was what your seeing now ..........Coverage begetting MORE Coverage.
To the point that certain media outlets that have a Conflict-of-Interest want to make sure were not covered, or not covered as extensively, or plant "kiley-isms" and peddle Myths and Mistruths. If the SOX hadnt had such a decent farm system, leading us to be a fairly good organization with a decent record since then, this Team wouldve been BURIED. Every time I hear someone tell me "dont worry about the Media", i'll point to terrible and lazy reports like this one from ESPN .............what a bunch of horse****

Dick Allen
08-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Maybe all you who have posted in this thread can do what I did. I cannot even tell you the last time I turned on ESPN or ESPN2. The only use I get out of them is to watch ESPNews just to look at the scores on the bottom, I ignore what goes on in the top half of the screen, and I have the mute button on, of course. Don't even watch the station, you'll all be better off for it. They're useless and worthless.

FedEx227
08-23-2005, 10:43 AM
So pathetic it can hardly be put into words..

lately I've gotten my mom on the media-bias train, and after seeing that segment she gave me a call just to tell me how pathetic it was. Not a SINGLE mention of the Sox. I'm sorry, but how can you call yourself an unbiased sports outlet, how can you call yourself the worldwide leader in sports and not even making a mention of a baseball team in a city...

no way this just "happens" ESPN knows damn well what they are doing, and its probably funny to them, and it would be funny to us if it wasn't so damn evident...

anyone know of an e-mail address to ESPN/50 in 50 or something so we can actually react to them about this bs.

Orta 4-6-3
08-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Showing Bartman pretty much wanting to die after that play. So sad.

What always floors me about these idiot Cub fans is that while they still whine about Bartman, they don't have the same vitriol for Alex Gonzalex. If he hadn't booted that grounder (when are they going to blow that ball up?), nobody would know Bartman's name.

rwcescato
08-23-2005, 11:10 AM
For the record they did mention the Sox when they were going through the championship droughts of Chicago teams. They said the Sox "haven't won a playoff series since 1917, but they do have the best record in the AL this season." See, they talked about the Sox for 3 whole seconds!!

I was surprised the 1906 World Series didn't make it, but since the Sox won there's no way they'd mention it. Also, Northwestern going to the Rose Bowl would have been nice.

Actually what they said was ,"The other baseball team in town has the best record in the American League."

rwcescato
08-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Did the Cubs affliate in Peoria Chiefs in A Ball make the Top 10? If they didn't it would be a true outrage and demonstrates the lenghts Sox fans will go through to rip on the cubbies.

This just makes me sick. What a joke not to even mention the Sox at all. The last World Series in Chicago was at Comiskey Park. What did we ever do to get ignored. The only thing to do is win the Whole thing and let the whole media nation be pissed off at us.
GO YOU WHITE SOX!!!
Rich

VenturaSoxFan23
08-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Did Minnie Minoso get mentioned at all? Only player to appear in 5 different decades, plus the oldest professional baseball player ever (edit: Ted "Double Duty" Radcliffe, Schaumburg Flyers)? That happened in Illinois.

I'm not surprised, nor do I care. ESPN will spend 15 minutes talking about competitive eating, for crying out loud. They air poker morning, noon & night. They spend more time showing a kid in the LLWS crying in the dugout than on the winning team celebrating. They've become junk. No wonder Ed Farmer shoots them down at every chance.

Argalarga
08-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Hopefully Ozzie watched it and it made him even angrier.

We need the Sox to be riled up, pissed off and out for blood. The more they disrespect us, the more we should use it to our own advantage.

If we win the World Series, they'll know who we are.

Soxfest
08-24-2005, 02:49 AM
No mention of Sox 1917 title also but got to have the 1902 Cubs as a choice to vote for ESPN= Eternally Sucking Pinstripes Network.I am truly tired of east coast bias nonsense.

PS. Derek Jeter ate a hot dog today very latest details on the late sportscenter:angry:

Dan H
08-24-2005, 08:41 AM

I am with you. The Sox could use at least one bat from somewhere. Also I would like to see ESPN do a remote from Wrigley while the Sox are playing in the World Series at US Cellular.