2B Tadahito
CF Aaron
DH Paulie
RF Dye
SS Juan
C Widger
LF Anderson
1B Blum

Link (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/preview/MLB_20050821_NYY@CHW)

Kogs35
08-21-2005, 02:35 PM
got to love those sunday lineups. at least paulie is back

JRIG
08-21-2005, 02:40 PM
The two worst options for batting leadoff on this team are Timo Perez and Pablo Ozuna. And, of course.....

Yeah. Let's get those two guys as many at bats as possible!

SOXSINCE'70
08-21-2005, 02:44 PM
I hope i'm wrong,but this lineup doesn't scare me.

I can only hope Randy (oh,my achin' back) Johnson doesn't
throw a no-no.I don't feel too good about this game.:(:

Schmedly
08-21-2005, 02:45 PM
it doesn't look like much of a lineup, does it?

RallyBowl
08-21-2005, 02:45 PM
I'll bet a weeks banishment the Sox win today!

Unregistered
08-21-2005, 02:52 PM
I'll bet a weeks banishment the Sox win today!
Yeah, I'd be shocked if they lost this one - if only for the law of averages. The Sox are BOUND to eek one out this series and end the 7 game winning streak.

I think they'll have a little more intensity today.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-21-2005, 02:52 PM
I don't understand the obsession with "speed" at the top if Timo and Pablo are what you call speed. I rather have people ON BASE at the top of the lineup. That is why Podsednik was valuable in the first half - he got on base and scored runs - and why I would start Iguchi or Rowand at the top now (though Rowand has looked like crap this week).

Glad Pauly can rest at the DH spot - the next game is Tuesday so he will have a nice 4 day rest (much needed and earned) before taking the field Tuesday.

I also read Scott Podsednik ran yesterday with no pain whatsoever. He may have a couple game rehab assignment but with no setbacks should be back either in Texas or at home to begin September - they may hold him over a day or two for some playoff roster maneuvers (only players on the 25 man or DL on Aug 31 are eligible - baring more injury shenanigans we have seen the past few years as Bud doesn't enforce any rule).

Tragg
08-21-2005, 03:10 PM
It boggles the mind why Guillen insists on leading off with the team's worst hitter: another hitter with no discipline at all, swing at everything.

downstairs
08-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I'd be shocked if they lost this one - if only for the law of averages. The Sox are BOUND to eek one out this series and end the 7 game winning streak.

I think they'll have a little more intensity today.

Well, that's really not how math works.... but lets hope we can win nonetheless.

Unregistered
08-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Well, that's really not how math works.... but lets hope we can win nonetheless.
Thanks, Professor. I'll take my chances. :cool:

TomBradley72
08-21-2005, 03:27 PM
I would have given Paulie a day off today...what do we really gain by having hime replace Carl at DH? Two more days off for Paulie before the Twins series is the route I would have gone.

Lip Man 1
08-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Gang:

Again as Ozzie himself said in the Sun-Times today when asked about Perez leading off, 'what other choice is there?'

Lip