PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Rockies security, I salute you.

cheeses_h_rice
08-20-2005, 10:25 PM
On the WGN TV news tonight, they had a story about a "transplanted Cubs fan" living in Denver who was kicked out of Coors Field during yesterday's game for throwing back a home run ball hit by the Rockies.

They showed footage of the home run, and it clearly shows this classy jackass reaching over the back of his seat to snag the ball out from underneath the fingers of a father sitting with his son, who is wearing a Rockies cap. Instead of offering the baseball to the Rockies fan's kid, the jackass (who looked to be about 45 years old) decides to be all Cubbie cute and toss the ball onto the field.

The story was unapologetic in its white-glove treatment of this "time-honored Cubs tradition," completely ignoring that it's a WRIGLEY FIELD "tradition" to do this, and that any other baseball stadium shouldn't be obliged to suffer the lame "traditions" of this lame-assed franchise. The guy (E.J. Vodnar) was interviewed, and laughingly said that the Rockies completely understood what he was doing, but that rules were rules, and that they invited him back to the game the next day.

Hey, Cub fans: get over your damn selves.

SOXintheBURGH
08-20-2005, 10:28 PM
...... Yes!

The Wimperoo
08-20-2005, 10:41 PM
On the WGN TV news tonight, they had a story about a "transplanted Cubs fan" living in Denver who was kicked out of Coors Field during yesterday's game for throwing back a home run ball hit by the Rockies.

They showed footage of the home run, and it clearly shows this classy jackass reaching over the back of his seat to snag the ball out from underneath the fingers of a father sitting with his son, who is wearing a Rockies cap. Instead of offering the baseball to the Rockies fan's kid, the jackass (who looked to be about 45 years old) decides to be all Cubbie cute and toss the ball onto the field.

The story was unapologetic in its white-glove treatment of this "time-honored Cubs tradition," completely ignoring that it's a WRIGLEY FIELD "tradition" to do this, and that any other baseball stadium shouldn't be obliged to suffer the lame "traditions" of this lame-assed franchise. The guy (E.J. Vodnar) was interviewed, and laughingly said that the Rockies completely understood what he was doing, but that rules were rules, and that they invited him back to the game the next day.

The fact that this even made the news shows what kind of a joke WGN and the Tribune Company are.

PAPChiSox729
08-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Rockies' security, this one is for you!

:gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
08-20-2005, 11:07 PM
The fact that this even made the news shows what kind of a joke WGN and the Tribune Company are.

Gee, you don't think the jackassed Cubs fan made a big deal out of this and contacted WGN himself, do you?

:rolleyes:

TornLabrum
08-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Gee, you don't think the jackassed Cubs fan made a big deal out of this and contacted WGN himself, do you?

:rolleyes:

Isn't there a KWGN-TV in Denver? Local call.

cheeses_h_rice
08-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Isn't there a KWGN-TV in Denver? Local call.

You mean there's more than one WGN in the country?

:(:

In any case, this story wouldn't have gotten on the air unless this idiot, no doubt very proud of his cutesy adherence to "Cubbie tradition," hadn't made such a stink about it and contacted someone, be it KWGN or the mothership.

silenceofthehawk
08-20-2005, 11:41 PM

Just another "who cares" post.

cheeses_h_rice
08-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Just another "who cares" post.

...posted in "What's the Score," where it belongs.

But thanks for your input nonetheless.

DrCrawdad
08-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Actually the Cubbie tradition is to throw (in a girl-like fashion) a batting practice ball onto the field.

Stroker Ace
08-21-2005, 02:36 AM
what a drillrod

pmck003
08-21-2005, 04:05 AM
I live in denver and I made the mistake of wearing my bears hat out.. Everyone was asking me who is pitching tommorow, I said most likely Francis and some old dude.

Dan H
08-21-2005, 06:35 AM
This story warms my heart. We don't need the Cubbie Nation forcing their dumb traditions on the rest of baseball. It is bad enough the Cubs are in Chicago. I would love to see the Sox snap out of this stupid slump, get back to what they were doing right and win the Series. That is what a tradition should be built on.

Rooney4Prez56
08-21-2005, 08:48 AM
A cub fan making an ass of himself on a larger scale, in a different city. It's a thing of beauty.

PatK
08-22-2005, 12:40 PM
You mean the rest of the country isn't thrilled to be a part of Cub Nation??