PDA

View Full Version : Should WSox Go With Borchard/Anderson in LF?

TomBradley72
08-20-2005, 07:36 PM
With 10 days or so until Pods come back and with a need to inject energy and offense into the team....should we roll the dice...call up Borchard (to replace Adkins) and go with a platoon of Borchard (against RH) and Anderson (against LH) until he's 100%?

I'm not a Borchard fan...but he can hit .200 (like Timo) and at least give you the chance of a dinger or two. Seems like an extra bat is alot more important right now then any benefits of Adkins handing around.

Line up I would go with would look like this:

Uguchi-2B
Rowand-CF
Konerko- 1B
Everett-DH
Dye-RF
Pierzynski-C
Crede-3B
Anderson/Borchard-LF
Uribe-SS

chisoxmike
08-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Keep Borchard far, far away from this team.

Viva Medias B's
08-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Keep Borchard far, far away from this team.

:hijacked: :hijacked:

The Bears may need him, after Hutchinson just threw his second interception tonight.

:hijacked: :hijacked:

CHIsoxNation
08-20-2005, 07:42 PM
I have been thinking the same thing. I am so glad to see Anderson up here now. I would make him the everyday left fielder and Timo the one to fill in a couple times a week. As much as I don't like Borchard, he might be able to add more than Timo. I just don't think it's a necessity for Borchard to be on this team yet.

SOXintheBURGH
08-20-2005, 07:45 PM
With 10 days or so until Pods come back and with a need to inject energy and offense into the team....should we roll the dice...call up Borchard (to replace Adkins) and go with a platoon of Borchard (against RH) and Anderson (against LH) until he's 100%?

I'm not a Borchard fan...but he can hit .200 (like Timo) and at least give you the chance of a dinger or two. Seems like an extra bat is alot more important right now then any benefits of Adkins handing around.

Uguchi-2B
Rowand-CF
Konerko- 1B
Everett-DH
Dye-RF
Pierzynski-C
Crede-3B
Anderson/Borchard-LF
Uribe-SS

:timo:
Who is Carl Everett?

The Wimperoo
08-20-2005, 07:48 PM
As Dusty said about his boy Holly, Ozzie can't turn his back on Timo. Barf!

He gone
08-20-2005, 08:19 PM
I imagine Brian will get the start tomorrow with the Big Unit pitching.

Wow, I bet Brian hasn't seen someone like Randy Johnson before:o:

I'm game for anything now. We need some kind of offense, any kind of offense and maybe sitting some guys (like Dye, Perez and Rowand) and with Joe and Brian both playing at the same time in the outfield, maybe just maybe it might spark some offense. :?:

NonetheLoaiza
08-20-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm not a Borchard fan...but he can hit .200 (like Timo) and at least give you the chance of a dinger

Borchard can hit .200? I remember him hovering below that mark for quite some time.

SOXintheBURGH
08-20-2005, 08:29 PM

I'm game for anything now. We need some kind of offense, any kind of offense and maybe sitting some guys (like Dye, Perez and Rowand) and with Joe and Brian both playing at the same time in the outfield, maybe just maybe it might spark some offense. :?:

:LTP

The power!

WizardofOZ
08-20-2005, 08:53 PM
NO Borchard!!

Huisj
08-20-2005, 09:43 PM

Anderson better be in the lineup tomorrow. What the heck was the point of calling him up if he's going to sit on the bench? If he's not playing, he's gaining nothing from being up, and the Sox are gaining nothing by having him up. At the very least he'll play with some energy and at least look like he cares. The rest of this team sure doesn't seem to care at all lately. Where's the frantic passion they had to do whatever they needed to win back in the first half? Do they give a crap, or even half a crap?

DaleJRFan
08-20-2005, 11:27 PM

Anderson is a very good fastball hitter, so as long as Johnson keeps away from the sliders, BA will be ok and should hold his own out there.

Mr. White Sox
08-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Anderson is a very good fastball hitter, so as long as Johnson keeps away from the sliders, BA will be ok and should hold his own out there.

Pitchers Anderson has faced/will maybe face:
Brad Radke
Johan Santana
Randy Johnson
Johan Santana

:o:

Infallible
08-21-2005, 02:09 AM
yes

CLR01
08-21-2005, 03:52 AM
What good is calling up LTP if you are not going to get rid of Timo? Ozzie, for whatever reason, is still going to give him the majority of playing time while Pods is out.

Timo is Ozzies Clayton.

jerry
08-21-2005, 08:52 AM
What good is calling up LTP if you are not going to get rid of Timo? Ozzie, for whatever reason, is still going to give him the majority of playing time while Pods is out.

Timo is Ozzies Clayton.

I agee about Timo being Ozzie's Clayton. I do not think our help is in the minors. I don't like the way Brian Anderson looks at the plate (I hope it is nerves), but he has a very long swing. I think our help must come in a trade for a hitter and I would like another relief pitcher.

Tragg
08-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Uguchi-2B
Rowand-CF

Either that, or reverse them. This business with Timo effing Perez leading off is just lunacy. And yes, play borchard and anderson.

Lip Man 1
08-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Ozzie was quoted in the Sun Times today as saying he has no choice but to lead off with Perez. The exact quote was 'what choice do we have?' :?:

Lip

mdep524
08-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Ozzie was quoted in the Sun Times today as saying he has no choice but to lead off with Perez. The exact quote was 'what choice do we have?' :?:

Lip Do you guys think Aaron approached Ozzie and explicitly asked not to bad lead off? That sounds totally uncharacteristic of a grinder like Aaron, so I doubt it. But at the same time, why would Ozzie make such a ridiculous statement as "what choice do we have"??

Ol' No. 2
08-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Do you guys think Aaron approached Ozzie and explicitly asked not to bad lead off? That sounds totally uncharacteristic of a grinder like Aaron, so I doubt it. But at the same time, why would Ozzie make such a ridiculous statement as "what choice do we have"??He means he doesn't have anyone with a WORSE OBP to put in his place.

JRIG
08-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Do you guys think Aaron approached Ozzie and explicitly asked not to bad lead off? That sounds totally uncharacteristic of a grinder like Aaron, so I doubt it. But at the same time, why would Ozzie make such a ridiculous statement as "what choice do we have"??

Perez has none of the qualities you would want in a leadoff hitter. He's not fast and can't steal bases, as I think Ozzie hopes he can. He doesn't take pitches, he doesn't walk, he doesn't hit for average, he's a terrible baserunner...Rowand or Iguchi are the real options for the #1 slot.

mdep524
08-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Perez has none of the qualities you would want in a leadoff hitter. He's not fast and can't steal bases, as I think Ozzie hopes he can. He doesn't take pitches, he doesn't walk, he sdoesn't hit for average, he's a terrible bserunner...Rowand or Iguchi are the real options for the #1 slot. JRIG, 99.9% of the WSI and the baseball world agrees with everything you just said. Unfortunately, Ozzie Guillen is one of only two guys who make up that 0.1%. :(: (The other being WSI poster TimoPerez.)

FarWestChicago
08-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Timo is Ozzies Clayton.:timo:

WTH?? I didn't get any ice cream!!

TheOldRoman
08-21-2005, 02:12 PM

Uguchi-2B

I can't believe nobody pointed this out yet, but WHO THE HELL IS UGUCHI?! When did we acquire him? I don't know how good Uguchi is, but he can't possibly be better than Tadahito Iguchi. We should play Iguchi and send Uguchi to the minors to learn another position.:cool:

Tragg
08-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Timo is Ozzies Clayton.

Timo is Ozzie's Ozzie (from a hitting perspective).

rdwj
08-22-2005, 07:56 AM
If I never see Borchard in a Sox uniform again, it will be too soon.

palehozenychicty
08-22-2005, 03:28 PM
yeah, i don't get it either. anderson should be playing and timo on the bench. i think that ozzie needs to learn more about handling a lineup/pitching staff. he doesn't seem to know/want to make adjustments on the fly.