PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Waivers List

BeviBall!
08-20-2005, 04:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2139110

Let's all go look and see who we can get, but won't.

Mr. White Sox
08-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Mike Sweeney would be a great DH, but KC would want the farm and wouldn't want to trade w/in the division

Griffey seems like the only major difference-maker on that list; where's Ibaņez?

It's too bad that:
Jeremy Affeldt, J.C. Romero and Adam Dunn were "blocked," because Affeldt and Romero are reliable lefty setup guys (both interdivision, so it probably wouldn't matter), and Dunn's Dunn.

Whitesoxtom
08-20-2005, 05:29 PM
That article also says Guardado was blocked. So much for that rumor.

samram
08-20-2005, 05:30 PM
and Dunn's Dunn.

Yeah, but Aaron's Aaron, Jermaine's Jermaine, and Carl's Carl. Sorry, no room for Adam in these parts.

UofCSoxFan
08-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah, but Aaron's Aaron, Jermaine's Jermaine, and Carl's Carl. Sorry, no room for Adam in these parts.

Hawk is that you?

Yep...keep the team just the way it is....I love watching us score 1 run every 3 games.

Mr. White Sox
08-20-2005, 05:34 PM

I've heard that like 100 times, but it still made my day :D:.

Oh, and to prevent confusion:

:tealpolice:

buehrle4cy05
08-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Just a thought, but how about going after Piazza do DH and DH only? I don't think it could hurt...

tweek57
08-20-2005, 11:44 PM
DH?

Dunn>>>>>>>>>>Carl

DaleJRFan
08-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Just a thought, but how about going after Piazza do DH and DH only? I don't think it could hurt...

I'd all for that... but... Piazza has a broken hand.

Mike Piazza said Friday 'it's painfully evident' his broken left hand is hurting worse than he had expected. A trip to the disabled list seems likely, but Piazza would like the Mets to hold off for a few more days.

GAsoxfan
08-22-2005, 09:00 AM
If Dunn was traded to the Sox today he still might lead the team in strikeouts by the end of the year, and OBP, which is kind of odd. If he could learn to make consistent contact he could be scary good.