PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8/20 ":chunks" Postgame Thread

Unregistered
08-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Man, this sucks.

All Dark Clouds who get giddy and say "I told you so," are NOT White Sox fans.

People who think the Sox have been winning with "smoke and mirrors" all season, CLEARLY are not Sox fans.

The Sox need KW to come in and flip over a buffet table or two. Or make a trade for a big bat. I'll take either.

sigh...

BigEdWalsh
08-20-2005, 04:35 PM
What he said.

chisoxmike
08-20-2005, 04:37 PM
:help:

This blows.

It can't get any worse...can it?

whitesoxfan
08-20-2005, 04:38 PM
only thing i'm going to say is our offense needs to start hitting. Go Seattle and Baltimore, lets not lose another full game tonight.

SoxSpeed22
08-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Again, THIS SUCKS!!!!
Watch KW completely cave-in to Cincy's demands after tommorow.
:chickenlittle:chickenlittle:help:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 04:39 PM

This blows.

Randy Johnson on the mound tomorrow.

samram
08-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Man, this sucks.

The Sox need KW to come in and flip over a buffet table or two. Or make a trade for a big bat. I'll take either.

sigh...

I think KW is back on the treadmill.

chisoxmike
Yeah, Timo could be leading off tomorrow

There are worse things.

cubhater
I've NEVER seen an entire offense go in the tank like ours has during this slump!:angry:

Domeshot17
Sox Fans-:angry: ( thats my pack a day going to a pack a game this week)

Sox Players-:(: ( Kind of tired looking, lifeless)

Kenny: :redface: ( Well, I should not have listened to Ozzie when he said no help needed)

Timo Perez-:supernana: Hey: I wonder if Ozzie will let me lead off after Pods gets back

FloridaSox
08-20-2005, 04:41 PM
:wink: The sun is shining...Baseball Prospectus calculated odds of making playoffs still at 97.42%, though down from 99% a week ago.

Baby Fisk
"Losing totally sucks ***. Screw you guys, I'm going home. SCREW YOU GUYS...home..." :angry:

ChiSoxRowand
Why is Johnson on the mound? It's wrights turn in the rotation. Is wright hurt or are they just moving johnson up so he can face us?

jdm2662
This is getting very close to ala 1991 where everything seemed to be in control, then a nine game winning streak right around the same time killed the season. A little different situation yes, but still. I didn't expect them to breeze through this part of the scheduled, but I certainly didn't think it would be the point where is unwatchable.

BigEdWalsh

This blows.

Sadly there is no indication that things are going to get better any time soon. None.:angry:

DickAllen72
08-20-2005, 04:42 PM
[size=1]
Watch KW completely cave-in to Cincy's demands after tommorow.

Cave Kenny, cave!!! :smile:

Baby Fisk
08-20-2005, 04:42 PM
The darkest clouds right now are the Sox themselves. :angry:

Fenway
08-20-2005, 04:43 PM

This blows.

don't go there as there have been some horrific endings to seasons

see
1951 Brooklyn
1964 Phillies
1978 Red Sox
1987 Blue Jays

problems with a streak like this is they manifest themselves. What makes this streak seem worse is the 16 inning loss to the Twins and the rainout in Boston.

BUT

look at it another way, the White Sox are now exactly where they were at the All Star break,

Every team has a down period, be thankful yours is in August instead of the ALDS. Sox will be fine.

TomParrish79
08-20-2005, 04:43 PM
i just burped and it tasted like sour cream and onion chips

Letmehearya
08-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Don't take it out on KW. He would've given Visquel the extra year. Bottom line, at the All-Star break the Sox led the league in stolen bases, sacrifice bunts and sacrifice flies. Without Pods, the first category is problematic. The other 2 are not. It would be nice to jump on a team with 3 runs like we used to. This is painful for all of us.

mdep524
08-20-2005, 04:44 PM
This some terrible, disheartening baseball.

The good news is Randy Johnson, a lefty, is starting tomorrow.... which means no Timo!!!!!!! :bandance:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 04:45 PM

see
1951 Brooklyn
1964 Phillies
1978 Red Sox
1987 Blue Jays

None tops 1919 when the Sox lost the World Series - ON PURPOSE. That is the worst ending ever to a baseball season. Can only be topped by losing to the scrubs in the World Series.

the_valenstache
Yeah, Timo could be leading off tomorrow

Because he's obviously the singular reason we stink right now. :rolleyes:

chisoxmike

see
1951 Brooklyn
1964 Phillies
1978 Red Sox
1987 Blue Jays

problems with a streak like this is they manifest themselves. What makes this streak seem worse is the 16 inning loss to the Twins and the rainout in Boston.

BUT

look at it another way, the White Sox are now exactly where they were at the All Star break,

Every team has a down period, be thankful yours is in August instead of the ALDS. Sox will be fine.

I think the rainout in Boston is a major factor in this skid. It seemed like the Sox had that game and just like that it was gone.

DarkCloudDropo
08-20-2005, 04:46 PM
What he said.

How can you agree with that? Point out the people that are giddy please.
Is it unreasonable to expect that those labeled as dark clouds might feel a little vindicated when they see so many others now expressing the same conxcerns they were expressing only last week? Come on. Be fair.

Jjav829
I can't say I'm too surprised. The offense is just pathetic right now. Once the Sox went down 3-0 I knew it was over. I just don't have confidence in the offense to score runs right now. Our cleanup hitter today was A.J. Pierzynski. It doesn't get much worse than that. The only two worse cleanup hitter situations from this year I can think of are when the Nats had Carlos Baerga batting cleanup and when the Cards were playing without Rolen, Walker, Sanders, Edmonds and Molina and had John Mabry or someone like him batting cleanup. Point being, the hitters just aren't there right now. Three of the most important players on this team aren't playing or are not playing well. Pods in on the DL. Konerko is day-to-day with a back strain and Dye is in an awful slump. Still, this team needs help.

Fox just had a nice little intro to their postgame show with the Beatles "Help" playing and a clip of Ken Griffey Jr. homering to start the intro.

Whitesoxtom
I keep hearing Sox fans say "don't panic"

Up until lst night I would have agreed. Now however, I am concerned about this team. I realize we did not have Konerko in the lineup, and our leadoff hitter is on the DL. I understand every team slumps. But this is ridiculus. We are playing flat, uninspired defense. We can't hit, or manufacture any runs.

Maybe it is because the Twins and Indians are surging, but what was once a comfortable lead, is now potentially 8 1/2 games. And while that number should look sweet, it just doesn't.

What is going to spark this team?

FedEx227
08-20-2005, 04:47 PM
yeah everyones pointing fingers at Timo, hes actually been the best hitter these last past games...

where the hell is Carl, AJ, Roward, Uribe, Crede...wake the f up!

greenpeach
Three Main Reasons for the current predicament.

1. Accumulation of injuries to key players.

2. A much more difficult 2nd half schedule.

3. Lack of trade deadline acquisitions by KW. We really need another left- handed bat.

All I can say is B. Mac better be the second coming of Walter Johnson.

Jjav829
Cave Kenny, cave!!! :smile:

Let me echo that. Give them what they want. I don't care. Hell, give them more than they want. :cool:

AZChiSoxFan
08-20-2005, 04:48 PM

This blows.

Ummm, yes. Actually it probably will. We face the Big Unit tomorrow and Santana on Tuesday. Lately I've gone from wondering if the Sox will win games to wondering if they will score in games (no teal intended).

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 04:49 PM
It seems Ozzie is keeping a level head which is what is needed - the White Sox will start to hit at some point and we will start winning games again.

I suggest posters keep a level head as well. We had a 9 game lead at the All Star Break and over a month later it is the same with 6 weeks left.

Relax.

Baby Fisk
Is it unreasonable to expect that those labeled as dark clouds might feel a little vindicated when they see so many others now expressing the same conxcerns they were expressing only last week? Come on. Be fair.
ChiSoxBob's shrinking lead countdown threads are positively giddy. He's like Roman Polanski's character in The Tenant, slowly spiraling into a complete mental breakdown.

On the upside, I'm not trashing any more dark clouds until the Sox win again! :smile:
:?:
:(:

Jjav829
Why is Johnson on the mound? It's wrights turn in the rotation. Is wright hurt or are they just moving johnson up so he can face us?

RJ likes to pitch on regular rest. He doesn't like the 5th day off, so the Yanks keep him going on 4 days rest as much as possible. Plus, with Wright just coming back from a major injury, the day off will probably help him more.

It's Time
08-20-2005, 04:50 PM
You wan't the truth? The truth is this team was no where near as good as they were playing before and they are no where near as bad as they are playing now. Some where in between is where the White Sox are.

chisoxmike
08-20-2005, 04:50 PM
yeah everyones pointing fingers at Timo, hes actually been the best hitter these last past games...

Thank you, Anyone that thinks that Timo is the reason for the skid is stupid. I do recall 8 other guys in the lineup that can't hit. Timo doesn't swing for the fenses everytime he comes up to bat. I recall a game on Tuesday that he drove in two runs with a double that could've won the game if Dustin didn't serve one up. Timo is the only guy who can bunt right now on the team. Leading off, well I don't know about that. But who else would you start in left?

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-20-2005, 04:51 PM
The white sox are on an 8 game losing streak
however
there is good news
i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico

DarkCloudDropo
ChiSoxBob's shrinking lead countdown threads are positively giddy. He's like Roman Polanski's character in The Tenant, slowly spiraling into a complete mental breakdown.

On the upside, I'm not trashing any more dark clouds until the Sox win again! :smile:
:?:
:(:

Yes, but he's obviously impaired in some way. The extreme!

Domeshot17
Fed Ex- TIMO HAS NOT BEEN OUR BEST HITTER DURING THIS STRETCH, HE IS 8 FOR HIS LAST 48, THAT IS NOT IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM ANYTHING BUT JOE CREDE(5-45) AND JERMAINE DYE ( 8 for 56)

hawkjt
08-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Ozzie sounds like he is ready to xplode in the postgame press conf. Said he was embarrassed. Said Timo screwed up the hit and run by faking bunt.

He also said that Paulie might be able to DH tommorrow. Only positive he mentioned.

C'mon Sox suck it up and beat the UNIT.

ChiSoxRowand
Up until today, I have kind of agreed with Hawk. Our outfield hasn't really been too much of a problem and it would be tough giving everybody playing time. Not anymore, I hope Kenny caves. McCarthy is no Felix Hernandez. Give him up.

soxjim
Offense is sleep walking. If it would not be for suspensions. A bench clearing brawl may wake this team up.

chisoxmike
The white sox are on an 8 game losing streak
however
there is good news
i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico
Dont make it worse than it is... it's a 7 game losing streak.:angry:

TheOldRoman
08-20-2005, 04:53 PM
I have been disgusted with the amount of cheering for the Yankees this weekend. I realized the Yankees travel well (not nearly as good as the Red Sox) but the majority of the fans there cheering for the Yankees are Cubs fans. This is disgusting, these moronic troll Cubs fans are proudly showing their inferiority complex. I know the Cubs fans always come to our games to cheer against the Sox, but it has been much much worse this series. Last night, it was some guys loudly yelling "yeah!" whenever we struck out. There is no ends to the patheticness of the Cubs fans. I didn't hear that today, but the crowd seemingly erupted whenever the Yankees got a hit. This needs to stop. People at the park need to shut those people up by any means necessary.

As for Ozzie, he needs to take a couple bats and start busting them over lockers. He needs to scream and break things. Our performance this past week has been absolutely shameful. No effort whatsoever, the players are showing no pride. We handed the game to Chacon, who is not a good pitcher. We have laid down against two inferior teams this week. I understand that every team has ups and downs, but 7 games is about 2 too long. Our players look emotionless and heartless out there. I am not saying that it's the end of the world or we wont make the playoffs, but Ozzie needs to snap us out of it quick. There have been a lot of heads hanging in our dugout lately, and it is Ozzie's job to fix that. He needs to correct the attitude and the performance before we it becomes a habit. It would also be nice if Greg Walker did his job, but I guess that is a different story. Oh well, lets go get them tomorrow.

silenceofthehawk
08-20-2005, 04:53 PM
This sucks, but we need to keep our heads up, 17 more days until the Sox play the Royals! I hate when the Sox have to play a team with a winning record.

mdep524
08-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Note to Aaron Rowand:

Remember what made you a .300 hitter last year? Using the opposite field!!! Tonight you pulled off of everything and meekly grounded out to shortstop or whiffed. You don't have to be Superman! Let the ball come to you, and let's see some of those patented short, quick-swing doubles off the rightfield wall!

Thanks,
mdep524

PS Jermaine.... you too!

DarkCloudDropo
08-20-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm glad they're facing johnson. I think this is more a fastball hitting team and they will do better than against some junk guy.
Johnson is an old man and I don't think deserves the respect he used to have as a pitcher.

mdep524
This sucks, but we need to keep our heads up, 17 more days until the Sox play the Royals! I hate when the Sox have to play a team with a winning record. Haha, either this was meant to be in teal or you don't think much of the Sox' chances in the postseason!

samram
The darkest clouds right now are the Sox themselves. :angry:

Well, if the mods could ban Timo, I would be all for it.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Sox are 6-9 in sellouts this season. Stay home.

TomParrish79

lol great post

Baby Fisk
Perhaps Daver could position himself somewhere on the roof with his compound bow? :cool:

Fenway
08-20-2005, 04:58 PM
I have been disgusted with the amount of cheering for the Yankees this weekend. I realized the Yankees travel well (not nearly as good as the Red Sox) but the majority of the fans there cheering for the Yankees are Cubs fans.

Believe me there are plenty of Yankees fans in Chicago. They all glared me this winter when they saw my BoSox hat.:smile:

Yankees usually are the best drawing road team but this year Boston is #1. Boston drew crowds of 30,000 in Tampa :o:

Mr. White Sox
08-20-2005, 04:58 PM
C'mon White Sox, win it for the moronic boston fan who doesn't know anything!

Idiot: i'm saying whitesox
Idiot: gonna lose homefield

Idiot: nothings gonna help that team, gonna lose to angels in first rd

Me: white sox would be 3-4 vs. sox if not for the rain delay
Idiot: those are your playoff teams 8-14
Idiot: you can't say that
Idiot: sox easily could have rallied and won that

I haven't had many good feelings during this streak, as the only predictions i've gotten right are when hitters are going to strike out. :smile: I do, however, have a feeling that RJ will be hit just enough for a sox winner (3-2)

Letmehearya
08-20-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm just hoping the Royals will have won a game by the time we play them. They did take 2 of 3 from us when we were "the best record in baseball." And, for those who Griffey at any cost .... don't waste your time. At any cost means $. From the White Sox? That'll never happen. Quit talking about him and start talking about getting role players who might help like Gload or Greg Norton. Someone being sent to AAA [like Crede] might shake things up.

SOX ADDICT '73
2 runs in the last 36 innings? Even the hapless Royals have scored 11 runs over that same span, including getting shut out yesterday. Pods and Paulie, get well soon!

soxjim
[QUOTE=DropoFan]I'm glad they're facing johnson. I think this is more a fastball hitting team and they will do better than against some junk guy. QUOTE]

Thought the same thing. Johnson is a pitcher they may hit well.

chisoxmike
08-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Believe me there are plenty of Yankees fans in Chicago. They all glared me this winter when they saw my BoSox hat.:smile:

Yankees usually are the best drawing road team but this year Boston is #1. Boston drew crowds of 30,000 in Tampa :o:

The announcers for the game on FOX today said something to the fact that the big crowds are here this weekend for the Yankee series.

They need to look up our attendance figures for the year.

Domeshot17
08-20-2005, 05:01 PM
just wanted to ask if anyone just heard this moron on the espn1000 post game say, " We shouldnt deal for Griffey we should deal to build the farm, because Farms win games in september!"

SomebodyToldMe
08-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey, guys. We don't have one of these:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/easy_button.jpg

No I don't think it's time for this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/panic-button.jpg

But I sure would like to have this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/juniorbutton.jpg[/url]
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/panic-button.jpg"] (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/juniorbutton.jpg)

shoota
08-20-2005, 05:02 PM
The start of this game was very interesting. El Duque threw behind A-Rod's back on the first pitch of the second inning. A-Rod looked back to the umpire for protection and got it as Larry Vanover issued a warning to El Duque and Shawn Chacon. El Duque's next pitch was a strike but called a ball by Vanover.

The second time Duque threw an obvious strike to a batter and it wasn't called by Vanover, Duque called time as if asking for a new ball. He then walked towards home and past AJ to have some words with Vanover for intentionally blowing another call.

Later in the game, El Duque was called for a balk by Vanover. I can't really speak to this since I'm not an expert on balks, but added to Vanover's intentional blown strike calls, leads me to think that he's an umpire on a power trip who had it out for El Duque.

My thoughts: I don't understand why Vanover, someone who's supposed to be impartial, would harass El Duque. Duque never disrespected Vanover. Duque threw behind A-Rod. I'm guessing Vanover took offense to Duque throwing behind A-Rod, but since Vanover is not a member of the Yankees, I don't know why he would intentionally blow future strikes.

Does anyone know if Vanover and El Duque have a previous history from his time with the Yankees?

First base umpire Randy Marsh missed a call at first base. Matsui hit a ball to Blum who flipped to El Duque who kicked and dragged his foot over the bag before Matsui was even close to first. Marsh called him safe ruling that El Duque had missed the bag. Replays showed that there was no question that El Duque had touched the bag and Matsui was out. The Yankees did not score that inning due to a 1-6-3 DP that followed, so Marsh's blown call didn't affect the score or outcome of the game.

Uribe has been have some tougher at bats. Nice one against Chacon today.

whitesoxfan
08-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey, guys. We don't have one of these:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/easy_button.jpg

No I don't think it's time for this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/panic-button.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/juniorbutton.jpg

here here :)

UofCSoxFan
08-20-2005, 05:05 PM
This team just isn't really good right now. They are flat, playing crap D, and having crap at-bats....which are a sign of people pressing.

For all the people that said before the deadline, don't make a move...it will disrupt chemistry, I hope you remember this. Chemistry can't drive a run in with two outs. Chemistry is good when you win...let's see how good this glorious chemistry really is as this lead continues to shink.

btw...0-11 with runners in scoring position.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 05:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/juniorbutton.jpg

:hawk
Where you goin to play em?

We could also use

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/frank_deford/07/22/announcers/p1_vscully.jpg

But

says "Where you goin to put him?"

ChiSoxlukes
08-20-2005, 05:19 PM
I am really trying to be positive about our situation. This is what I came up with.

Our offense can't be this bad for the rest of the year. Can it??

The three teams that have beat us these last seven games, HAVE to win. Boston needed to maintain their lead over NY, Minnesota needed to stay in the wild card race, as does NY thus making these games much more important for them than us. The other teams just want it more right now. Things will change come September and playoff time.

Pods is on the DL and Pauly has been hurt too.

This is our first major losing streak of the year.

We are still up 9 games over the Indians after losing 7 straight and still have the best record in the AL!

There are more positives to think about but this is enough. Let's not all press the panic button yet Sox fans. This is still a great team!

chisoxmike
08-20-2005, 05:22 PM
I am really trying to be positive about our situation. This is what I came up with.

Our offense can't be this bad for the rest of the year. Can it??

The three teams that have beat us these last seven games, HAVE to win. Boston needed to maintain their lead over NY, Minnesota needed to stay in the wild card race, as does NY thus making these games much more important for them than us. The other teams just want it more right now. Things will change come September and playoff time.

Pods is on the DL and Pauly has been hurt too.

This is our first major losing streak of the year.

We are still up 9 games over the Indians after losing 7 straight and still have the best record in the AL!

There are more positives to think about but this is enough. Let's not all press the panic button yet Sox fans. This is still a great team!

Ok, I agree with what you are saying, but the Sox should be playing like they too NEED to win just like the teams they are playing.

What's going to happen come playoff time when they are facing teams that all NEED to win. Regualr season records and standings dont matter in the playoffs.

Dan H
08-20-2005, 05:23 PM
The only thing I feel good about is that I know that the offensive slump can't last forever, and that, at least, one player is going to break out of it soon. But it better be sooner than later because this divison isn't clinched yet. They just can't wait for other players to return. Somebody else has to step up.

cheeses_h_rice
08-20-2005, 05:25 PM
I was at this travesty, and the only word I can think of to describe it is: pathetic.

infohawk
08-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Guys, we are struggling offensively AND going through a rough stretch of the schedule. I've said before and I'll say again that I anticipate we will struggle offensively through the rest of the month. Hopefully we will pick up at least a few wins. After the Yankees leave town, we will be done with them, and but for three games against the Angels in September, the schedule looks pretty favorable for a strong finish.

Scotty will be back to help at the end of August. He's our ignitor and should help us accelerate through September for a strong finish. During September the Sox play 8 games against Detroit, 6 against the Royals and 7 against the Twins. I'm not convinced that the Twins will be all that daunting in September when we are at full strength. Sure, they just swept us, but so did the Red Sox (short series) and very possibly the Yankees if we lose tomorrow. Not to sound pessimistic, but I don't see us winning tomorrow against RJ without neither Pods NOR Konerko in the line-up. Anyway, hang in there. I am concerned, but won't officially "panic" unless the team struggles like this at full strength in September.

At this point, I am just hoping that the Indians blow some opportunities and don't close too quickly. The team's going to bleed in the standing for the next 10 days or so. Let's just hope the Indians don't make us hemorrhage our lead. Keep in mind that, on paper, we are closer to a comfortable double-digit lead than a tight divisional race. Two or three wins coupled with two or three Indian losses and the Sox could very easily be 11 or twelve up. At this point, however, I'd settle for stabalization of our lead rather than adding to it.

harwar
08-20-2005, 05:31 PM
All this **** will turn back the other way as suddenly as it came.
We just have to ride out the storm and hope were more than 3 or 4 games up when the weather clears.
I actually expected us to lose today so the only thing that really pissed me off was when chacon pushed A.J. as he tagged him out running to 1st.
There was no reason to push,all he had to do was tag him.
You could see him laughing about it in the dugout after.
I wish A.J. would have decked the mother****er.

ja1022
08-20-2005, 05:33 PM
The losing streak doesn't bother me as much as the way they're losing. Again, it's a long season and all that, but somebody needs to get a ****in' clutch hit, goddamn it. Ozzie or Kenny or somebody needs to chew a little ass.

veeter
08-20-2005, 05:35 PM
As much as I'm sickened by their play, I know the Sox are going to hang on to this. They worked hard all year to allow themselves this funk. I will say that no matter what happens in the playoffs there will be changes on the left side next year. I expect Crede or Uribe or both to be sent packing. Brian Anderson has shown a more veteran eye than those goofs. They can afford to keep one but not both. It's easier said than done but a stud 3rd baseman would solidify this team. The pitching is there. An upgrade to an offensive 3rd baseman would be perfect.

cbone
08-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Just came from the game... depressing. Add a boatload of Yankee fans to the mix and you have a wasted afternoon. Cmon Sox! Wake up!!!!!!

Lip Man 1
08-20-2005, 05:42 PM
This and that:

First off can someone who was at the game tell me the reaction from Sox fans to all this? Were they flat like the team, were they angry, did they boo the effort?

Now then I didn't see the game, I was at the Idaho State football scrimmage. I got in my car about 3:10 MST and turned on Fox Sports Radio. (That's all we get here...) They had someone speaking, it was in the middle of an interview so I had no idea who he was and what he was talking about.

His first words were...'they got the lead off man on base in four of the first six innings and stranded him and they messed up a hit and run play later in the game...'

I KNEW IMMEDIATELY HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE SOX.

It tuned out the 'voice' was Dick Stockton, the guy who called the game for Fox, then he said, when asked if the Sox were 'tanking'...'they aren't trying to 'tank' but without Posednik and without Konerko they have no offense absolutely none...'

It's a combination of a slump smack in the middle of a brutal schedule that continues into next week.

I'm sure Kenny is trying to do everything he can to get help (hey they aren't the last pick in the waiver wire anymore!) but I'm reminded of a comment by former Sox great pitching coach Johnny Sain, 'people don't care about the labor pains, they only want to see the baby...' I appreciate Kenny trying but it's the results that matter.

Absolutely no sports for me tonight, I'll check in the paper tomorrow and see if Cleveland and Minnesota won again.

Lip

TornLabrum
08-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Man, this sucks.

All Dark Clouds who get giddy and say "I told you so," are NOT White Sox fans.

People who think the Sox have been winning with "smoke and mirrors" all season, CLEARLY are not Sox fans.

sigh...

I think Ozzie did the equivalent of that in his postgame press conference.

TornLabrum
08-20-2005, 05:50 PM
I've NEVER seen an entire offense go in the tank like ours has during this slump!:angry:

With one exception: Juan Frickin' Uribe. Suddenly he can hit!

TornLabrum
08-20-2005, 05:54 PM

Everett, A.J., and Rowand had one walk among the three of them all day. Uribe has actually been getting good at bats.

TornLabrum
08-20-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm glad they're facing johnson. I think this is more a fastball hitting team and they will do better than against some junk guy.
Johnson is an old man and I don't think deserves the respect he used to have as a pitcher.

However, as Bill Melton warned, one of Johnson's most effective pitches is the slider in the dirt. A couple of our guys looked the last couple of games I've been to like they think they're playing golf instead of baseball.

TornLabrum
08-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Perhaps Daver could position himself somewhere on the roof with his compound bow? :cool:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000DK76L.01-A2BLSGDM02RM2J._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

"Thank you for not calling me a crossbow."

Lip Man 1
08-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Hal:

Can you expound a little more on what you were saying about Ozzie? He didn't turn over the post game food tables did he??

Lip

Paulwny
08-20-2005, 06:06 PM
However, as Bill Melton warned, one of Johnson's most effective pitches is the slider in the dirt. A couple of our guys looked the last couple of games I've been to like they think they're playing golf instead of baseball.

Johnson has been having problems this year with the slider, flattening out. Hopefully he has the problem tomorrow.

TornLabrum
08-20-2005, 06:06 PM
This and that:

First off can someone who was at the game tell me the reaction from Sox fans to all this? Were they flat like the team, were they angry, did they boo the effort?

There was some booing but it wasn't as loud as the STE-roids chant for Giambi. I'm sure Fox managed to mask that.

TornLabrum
08-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Hal:

Can you expound a little more on what you were saying about Ozzie? He didn't turn over the post game food tables did he??

Lip

No but he was highly critical of Perez's completely screwing up a hit-and-run play and he pretty much apologized to the fans for the lack of effort on offense. In addition he said, "It's not easly to get hits, but you can at least get good at bats."

You could tell he was POed.

Mr. White Sox
08-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Johnson has been having problems this year with the slider, flattening out. Hopefully he has the problem tomorrow.

Hence his 4.22 ERA (.02 lower than Contreras! :o:), and hence his propensity to leave his fastball up and in to fastball hitters. PK, PLEASE be in the lineup tomorrow!
More bad news:
Two days from now it's Santana. Oye como va!

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 06:19 PM
There was some booing but it wasn't as loud as the STE-roids chant for Giambi. I'm sure Fox managed to mask that.

No that chant made it loud and clear.

CHISOXFAN13
08-20-2005, 06:20 PM
No but he was highly critical of Perez's completely screwing up a hit-and-run play and he pretty much apologized to the fans for the lack of effort on offense. In addition he said, "It's not easly to get hits, but you can at least get good at bats."

You could tell he was POed.

It's pretty pathetic when Uribe is working a pitcher more than any other hitter on the roster.

Two walks today for Juan is a positive sign.

Ol' No. 2
08-20-2005, 06:30 PM
There was some booing but it wasn't as loud as the STE-roids chant for Giambi. I'm sure Fox managed to mask that.Nope. It was loud and clear.:cool:

This team is in a helluva slump right now. They're playing like crap. But all teams go through slumps, and I've never seen one look good doing it. So everybody step back from the ledge. They're better than this, and they'll snap out of it. A month from now it will all be forgotten. But that's no reason for inaction in the meantime. Ozzie sure did sound PO'd in the post-game. Today was the worst execution I've seen in a long time. Remember this one?

Reporter: Casey, what do you think of your team's execution?

Casey Stengel: I'd be in favor of it.

But if Ozzie is so PO'd, why doesn't he shake up the lineup? When you keep sending the same lineup out there day after day, why would you expect a different result?

I just don't understand some of the personnel moves. Why is AAdkins on this team? They don't need 7 relievers. They keep talking about wearing out the bullpen, but the Sox starting rotation leads MLB in IP. How can the bullpen be worn out if they're throwing so few innings? And if they're so desperately in need of another bat, what the hell is Gload doing rotting in Charlotte? He's sure as hell a better hitter than Blum. Am I missing something here?

Rowand should be leading off until Pods comes back. I know he's not the ideal leadoff hitter, but he's WAAAAYYYY better than Timo or anyone else they've tried. Play Anderson every day. Get Gload up here and let him play 1B and let Pauly DH against RHP. Everett can't hit righties at all anymore. If that doesn't work, try something else. But for chrissake, do SOMETHING.

peeonwrigley
08-20-2005, 06:32 PM
This and that:

Fans were flat. My section sounded like it had more Yankees fans than Sox fans... they didn't outnumber us but certainly had more to cheer about. Its piss poor when the most excitement in the game is a brushback pitch. There was booing after crappy at bats to end innings, but it was usually drowned out by Beatles songs.

I was glad the Yankees fans making their presence felt at the end of the game. Maybe our guys will take that personally (I sure as hell did) and want to go out tomorrow and do something about it.

I felt the game was over when they botched Sheffield's double play ball, and sure enough, that was it.

El Duque looked like a little kid today crying about everything. So did AJ. I know they're frustrated but its not like the umpires caused our lack of hitting and craptastic defense.

peeonwrigley
08-20-2005, 06:40 PM
I just don't understand some of the personnel moves. Why is AAdkins on this team? They don't need 7 relievers. They keep talking about wearing out the bullpen, but the Sox starting rotation leads MLB in IP. How can the bullpen be worn out if they're throwing so few innings? And if they're so desperately in need of another bat, what the hell is Gload doing rotting in Charlotte? He's sure as hell a better hitter than Blum. Am I missing something here?

Rowand should be leading off until Pods comes back. I know he's not the ideal leadoff hitter, but he's WAAAAYYYY better than Timo or anyone else they've tried. Play Anderson every day. Get Gload up here and let him play 1B and let Pauly DH against RHP. Everett can't hit righties at all anymore. If that doesn't work, try something else. But for chrissake, do SOMETHING.

I like it. All of it, some of it, whatever. Change is good.

If we're gonna hit the skids, lets at least get Anderson and/or Gload some at bats in the time being. Maybe they could spark a rally or two, maybe not, but I don't feel like we have less of a chance to win sitting a slumping Dye and Timo Perez to get those guys in the game. Experience for down the line if nothing else.

buehrle4cy05
08-20-2005, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=Whitesoxtom
What is going to spark this team?[/QUOTE]

A fight. Literally, I hope tommorow A-Rod gets beaned and starts a huge fight. It worked for Boston last year, it worked for the 2000 Sox, and I think it would wake this team up. Because right now, it doesn't look like the effort is there.

Malgar 12
08-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Thank you, Anyone that thinks that Timo is the reason for the skid is stupid. I do recall 8 other guys in the lineup that can't hit. Timo doesn't swing for the fenses everytime he comes up to bat. I recall a game on Tuesday that he drove in two runs with a double that could've won the game if Dustin didn't serve one up. Timo is the only guy who can bunt right now on the team. Leading off, well I don't know about that. But who else would you start in left?

While I agree Timo is too much of a punching bag... he sure as hell couldn't bunt today. And anyway you slice it Iguchi is the best bunter on the team. He even laid down a suicide squeeze in Cleveland.....oohhhhoooohhh runs... those were the days!

batmanZoSo
08-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Anymore, I've found that rolling a wheel down a dirt path with a stick is a lot more enjoyable than watching this team.

Cellview22
08-20-2005, 06:43 PM
The announcers commented on how it was the quietest crowd they've seen in the Big Leagues ever. But what did they expect?? There was nothing to cheer about.

I really don't think it'll get much worse than this. Throughout this 7-game losing streak, the Sox have gotten pretty unlucky. The ball hasn't been bouncing their way. Once things start rolling their way, and once Crede, Uribe, and pretty much everyone else in the lineup, stops swinging at balls in the dirt, they're bound to get back on track. I don't know when this losing streak will end, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a little winning streak on the next road trip.

Ol' No. 2
08-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Anymore, I've found that rolling a wheel down a dirt path with a stick is a lot more enjoyable than watching this team.

Sticking a pin through your eyelid is a lot more enjoyable than watching this team.

shoota
08-20-2005, 06:49 PM
This and that:

Crede got booed when he couldn't advance Dye to third with no one out.

I also heard booing later in the game for offensive failure.

slobes
08-20-2005, 06:52 PM
A fight. Literally, I hope tommorow A-Rod gets beaned and starts a huge fight. It worked for Boston last year, it worked for the 2000 Sox, and I think it would wake this team up. Because right now, it doesn't look like the effort is there.

I was hoping for one. I'm not sure how many people saw this, but after AJ hit a ground ball to Chacon, he (Chacon) tagged AJ sorta hard. Aj then got into a small argument, but nothing serious happened.
We need something to get our offense going again.

JB98
08-20-2005, 07:19 PM
I just got back from the Cell. I've never seen 38,000 people so subdued and tense in all my years of attending Sox games. As fans, we had no life in the stands. The Sox had no life on the field. This was an awful day.

On the ball El Duque threw into center field, it looked like Uribe and Iguchi had no idea who was supposed to cover the base. That's inexcusable, especially 120 games into the season.

The real story, though, is the slumping offense. We have not scored a run in our last 17 innings, and we have only scored two runs in our last 36 innings. Three times today, we had a runner in scoring position with no outs. In every case, we failed. We had opportunities to score in five of the nine innings. We failed. We can piss and moan about the umpires. We can piss and moan about what a jackass A-Rod is, but the bottom line is we can't get a big hit to save our mortal souls.

Pods and Konerko are not playing. When injuries happen, others have to step up. That isn't happening. Rowand and Crede are worthless right now. Dye doubled today, but has been struggling overall. The only positive was seeing Iguchi get hits in each of his last two ABs.

I'm going to the game again tomorrow. Today's crowd sat on its hands. As fans, let's not do that again. I don't want to hear any booing. These guys have played hard for us all summer, and they need us right now. If you're going to the game tomorrow, bring your intensity. Let's get behind the players and put a stop to this BS. The pity party has to end. NOW.

JB98
08-20-2005, 07:22 PM
I was hoping for one. I'm not sure how many people saw this, but after AJ hit a ground ball to Chacon, he (Chacon) tagged AJ sorta hard. Aj then got into a small argument, but nothing serious happened.
We need something to get our offense going again.

I was sitting on the first-base side. Posada and Raines were jawing at each other too. It's something to watch for tomorrow.

Also, A-Rod stole a base during the eighth inning with his team leading 5-0. In addition, Posada was swinging on a 3-0 pitch with a 5-0 lead in the eighth inning. If I were pitching, I wouldn't put up with that.

WizardofOZ
08-20-2005, 07:36 PM
But if Ozzie is so PO'd, why doesn't he shake up the lineup? When you keep sending the same lineup out there day after day, why would you expect a different result?

Smartest thing I've read all day!!

Vernam
08-20-2005, 08:00 PM
On the ball El Duque threw into center field, it looked like Uribe and Iguchi had no idea who was supposed to cover the base. That's inexcusable, especially 120 games into the season.I was at the game (Sec 113), and the play looked like Uribe's fault from there. Just watched the Tivo replay, and I still think it was Uribe. With a righty batting, that's the second baseman's play. Uribe screwed up by moving toward the bag, and Duque understandably got distracted enough to fling it into centerfield. FOX showed Duque hugging Uribe in the dugout as if to forgive him, and it looked like Juan was apologizing.

That being said, today we saw the best and worst of Hernandez's competitive spirit. He was fierce and pitched pretty well but lost focus at a couple of key moments. You could tell he wanted to beat his old team a little too bad. But I'd rather have that than some guy just phoning it in. Which brings us to the offense . . .

The only position player not certifiably in a slump is Anderson, so why they hell isn't he playing? I've seen teams go quiet all at once, but seldom have I seen so little pop from 1 through 9 in the order. It's not like anyone's hitting ropes right at the fielders. They're all just waving at whatever is near the plate, with the exception of Uribe who suddenly realized it's better to be 2-0 than 0-2. Hope springs eternal.

When a guy (Hernandez) who's gone six years without an error makes two in one game, you can either call it a fluke or wonder if the team's karma really has changed. I'm giving it one more day before I draw the latter conclusion.

VC

Vernam
08-20-2005, 08:02 PM
I was sitting on the first-base side. Posada and Raines were jawing at each other too. It's something to watch for tomorrow.What inning was that? What were they arguing about?

JB98
08-20-2005, 08:15 PM
What inning was that? What were they arguing about?

It happened right after the Pierzynski-Chacon incident. Posada had run down the first-base line to back up the play. After everyone separated, Raines and AJ started heading back to our dugout. Rock said something to AJ and patted him on the back, and then Posada yelled something over his shoulder at Rock. Raines stopped dead in his tracks, turned around and shouted something at Posada. Posada said something else and then walked away.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-20-2005, 08:22 PM

"I luv it when you analyze."

BigEdWalsh
08-20-2005, 08:51 PM

I guess I have to clarify. All I've ever done is stick up for the Dark Clouds to some degree. There's never anything wrong with concern and a bit of complaining after a loss or repeated losses. I've always hated the constant berating of anyone who complains even a little; the stupid "sky is falling" cracks and the "Dark Cloud" crap.
My post was immediately following today's crappy game and I was really disappointed. All I was agreeing with was:

"Man, this sucks.

sigh..."

Really glad to have cleared this up.

FarWestChicago
08-20-2005, 08:59 PM
I've always hated the constant berating of anyone who complains even a little; the stupid "sky is falling" cracks and the "Dark Cloud" crap.Well that's too ****ing bad, Ed. This board has been a complete chronic depressive ****hole for 4 years, completely unreadable. If you want it to go back to being that way I suggest you start your own board. It's not going to happen. I didn't read my own goddamned board for years and it basically became a matter of taking it back or shutting it down. So you're **** out of luck.

southsideirish71
08-20-2005, 09:26 PM
For all the people that are amazed with Uribe and his new founded patience. He has been working with Walt Hrniak.

A few sessions with Walt and he suddenly starts to work the count. This should tell us something.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 09:34 PM
The Sox need KW to come in and flip over a buffet table or two.

What are they goin to eat?
Whose goin clean it up?

SOXSINCE'70
08-20-2005, 09:47 PM

Don't invite trouble.Bill Cosby used to do a routine about what happens
when you say things like "things just couldn't get worse".He was in Vegas
in the early 70's (that's when the album I heard this routine on was recorded)
when he went to play 21.He rolled the dice once,and they fell off the table.
So,in answer to your question:YES!!!

And I heard both on Fox today (as well as in the Cub-Une yesterday)
that Sunday's starter for the Evil Empire is Randy Johnson.:o: :o:

John Lennon and Paul McCartney couldn't put it any better:

"Help me if you can,i'm feelin' down
And I do appreciate your bein' 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please,please help me".:help:

"Help!"-1965

Is it ironic or symbolic that today,the 40th anniversary of The Beatles
playing Comiskey Park,"Help!" was their # 1 single at the time.

And the flip side (for those of us old enough to remember when a hit
single was a 45 RPM record that cost anywhere from 50 cents to $1.00)
was aptly named for the Sox' current skid as well:

"I'm Down".:(: :(: :(:

SomebodyToldMe
08-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Is it ironic or symbolic that today,the 40th anniversary of The Beatles
playing Comiskey Park,"Help!" was their # 1 single at the time.

And the flip side (for those of us old enough to remember when a hit
single was a 45 RPM record that cost anywhere from 50 cents to $1.00)
was aptly named for the Sox' current skid as well:

"I'm Down".:(: :(: :(:

SO IT'S THE BEATLES WHO ARE TO BLAME!

SOXSINCE'70
08-20-2005, 09:54 PM
SO IT'S THE BEATLES WHO ARE TO BLAME!

No,actually,i'd blame their manager,Brian Epstein,and their
touring road manager,Mal Evans, for this slump.:D: :D: :D:

(I'm a severe Beatles fan,so sue me).:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 09:56 PM

And you don't blame Yoko Ono - Ha.

Christ you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're going to crucify me

The Ballad of Timo Perez

SoxFan78
08-20-2005, 10:16 PM
I just got back from the Cell. I've never seen 38,000 people so subdued and tense in all my years of attending Sox games. As fans, we had no life in the stands. The Sox had no life on the field. This was an awful day.

On the ball El Duque threw into center field, it looked like Uribe and Iguchi had no idea who was supposed to cover the base. That's inexcusable, especially 120 games into the season.

The real story, though, is the slumping offense. We have not scored a run in our last 17 innings, and we have only scored two runs in our last 36 innings. Three times today, we had a runner in scoring position with no outs. In every case, we failed. We had opportunities to score in five of the nine innings. We failed. We can piss and moan about the umpires. We can piss and moan about what a jackass A-Rod is, but the bottom line is we can't get a big hit to save our mortal souls.

Pods and Konerko are not playing. When injuries happen, others have to step up. That isn't happening. Rowand and Crede are worthless right now. Dye doubled today, but has been struggling overall. The only positive was seeing Iguchi get hits in each of his last two ABs.

I'm going to the game again tomorrow. Today's crowd sat on its hands. As fans, let's not do that again. I don't want to hear any booing. These guys have played hard for us all summer, and they need us right now. If you're going to the game tomorrow, bring your intensity. Let's get behind the players and put a stop to this BS. The pity party has to end. NOW.

I was at the game also, and needed a couple of hours to de-stress. It was the quietest crowd all year, and what did we have to cheer about?? Of course we sat on our hands. During this whole homestand, the Sox have looked flat. Why should we cheer for pop flies, missed double plays, and running errors?

Its the first time all year that I have been to a sox game where the crowd was booing the offense, and you know what, today they deserved it. I booed Crede when he popped up the many times he did, and Dye when he couldnt get the runners in.

Where is the life and the fire of this team? It seems like the fans want to win more then the team does.

The worst part, I was surrounded by Yankee fans just laughing at our team.

One more tomorrow.

Hopefully this team can take their heads out of their asses

TornLabrum
08-20-2005, 11:19 PM

Whoa! It just hit me! There was no way we could win today! Think about it! Who threw out the first pitch? None other than Pete Best, the biggest loser of all time! :rolleyes:

iamkoza
08-21-2005, 12:01 AM
That game was very disturbing.... Shawn Chacon? ***? Fans were actually booing crede in the later innings after his pop-outs. I was surprised to hear the boos, but it really didnt seem like there was a great effort put forth today. All in all probably one of the worst sox games i've witnessed in person. Perhaps a swift kick in the ass is needed b4 the game from a random fan? :whiner:

TornLabrum
08-21-2005, 12:12 AM
That game was very disturbing.... Shawn Chacon? ***? Fans were actually booing crede in the later innings after his pop-outs. I was surprised to hear the boos, but it really didnt seem like there was a great effort put forth today. All in all probably one of the worst sox games i've witnessed in person. Perhaps a swift kick in the ass is needed b4 the game from a random fan? :whiner:

Now THERE'S a kick ass promotional idea! Too bad it came so late in the day. Brooks might not have time to do this for tomorrow!

Here's what the Sox do tomorrow: They pull 25 random fans and bring them to the field before the game. Then they line up the entire Sox team, maybe even introducing them like before opening day. Then they bring out each fan and line them up behind the players. The players are then instructed to bend over, and when they do, each fan gives his or her player a good swift kick in the ass.

iamkoza
08-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Now THERE'S a kick ass promotional idea! Too bad it came so late in the day. Brooks might not have time to do this for tomorrow!

Here's what the Sox do tomorrow: They pull 25 random fans and bring them to the field before the game. Then they line up the entire Sox team, maybe even introducing them like before opening day. Then they bring out each fan and line them up behind the players. The players are then instructed to bend over, and when they do, each fan gives his or her player a good swift kick in the ass.

during thunderstruck just have ozzie kick them in the ass as they leave the dugout. BTW crazy carl, as our DH, you can at least wave during the thunderstruck intro delee buddy :)

ChiSoxGirl
08-21-2005, 12:16 AM
If I may borrow a line from an Annie Lenox song, This game "made me want to sit right down and :whiner:, :whiner:, :whiner:!" I didn't attend it, but I've been to my fair share of losses this season (see the sig.). I've been sitting on these thoughts all afternoon & evening, thinking the party I was at on a beautiful, summer evening would lift my spirits, but it didn't.

This crap Crede is putting on at the plate offensively is making me violently ill! He typically does one of two things- Ks or pops out. He looks as impatient as any of them at the dish, and it's completely inexcusable, particularly this late into the season.

I do, however, want to add one positive about today's game... Uribe's 13 pitch AB against Chacon in the 3rd, where he worked the count for a walk, setting up the 1st & 2nd with nobody out scenario. It seems as though Uribe is finally listening to Walker and has decided to quit acting like homeplate is the fairway at a golf course!

I didn't think this last Sunday evening when the game was called, but looking back on it now through the last 5 losses, I truly believe that set them back offensively and mentally. That game was Boston's to lose and wouldn't you know, they don't get another inning in during the 30-45 minute window that there apparently was. That was the last time Dye homered, and of course it was taken away from him. That was the last time the entire offense showed any kind of pulse actually!

I'm as big of a Sox fan as anyone on this board, and it's getting harder & harder to watch this debacle on the field. I'm not a dark cloud and don't have intentions of becoming one, but I'm honestly worried and am very close to pushing that almighty panic button.

Remember the thread from a couple weeks ago, asking if you'd cry if the Sox won it all? You know something? I've felt like crying for the past couple days, and not because the Sox have done something wonderful. This is the exact opposite of the emotions we were discussing a couple weeks ago that would bring many of us to tears. This skid has put me in the worst of moods. Something has GOT to be done and quick! Griffey, we so need you! KW must do whatever it takes to bring Junior to town.

DickAllen72
08-21-2005, 12:40 AM
I do, however, want to add one positive about today's game... Uribe's 13 pitch AB against Chacon in the 3rd, where he worked the count for a walk, setting up the 1st & 2nd with nobody out scenario. It seems as though Uribe is finally listening to Walker and has decided to quit acting like homeplate is the fairway at a golf course!

Actually, Uribe has been listening to Hriniak who has been talking to him recently.

Maybe it's time to bring Walt back?

ChiSoxGirl
08-21-2005, 12:43 AM
Actually, Uribe has been listening to Hriniak who has been talking to him recently.

You're right about that. Thank you for correcting me! :cool:

hose
08-21-2005, 12:46 AM
This and that:

First off can someone who was at the game tell me the reaction from Sox fans to all this? Were they flat like the team, were they angry, did they boo the effort?Lip

It was like a morgue in my section . A few Yankee cheers now and then but nothing overwhelming.

3 Japanese guys in Sox gear were sitting in my row and had a home made Japanese flag.

When Iguichi hit a double to right in the 8th the guy in the middle woke up. He was sleeping again by the top of the ninth.

JUribe1989
08-21-2005, 01:38 AM
Anyone think Roosevelt Brown deserves another shot in the majors? He is hitting .305 at AAA Charlotte with 97 hits.

Brian26
08-21-2005, 02:11 AM
Anyone think Roosevelt Brown deserves another shot in the majors? He is hitting .305 at AAA Charlotte with 97 hits.

Not with the White Sox.

Chisox003
08-21-2005, 02:13 AM
:thud:

ChiSoxGirl
08-21-2005, 02:35 AM

We haven't really reached the point of desperation, have we???? :thud:

soxjim
08-21-2005, 08:33 AM
:angry: I don't know if we are at the point of desperation. Watching Comcast sports this morning I herd Ozzie stating that Kenny, the coaching staff and himself were embarrassed over the way the Sox have been playing. If your embarrassed than do something about it.:angry:

DarkCloudDropo
08-21-2005, 09:32 AM

Why do people think this was an example of being patient? HE did swing at 9 of the 13 pitches!
It was a great ab but not because of his selectivity.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Champions know that a calm and measured response is exactly the wrong course of action when the situation calls for PANIC!

:wink: