PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot FOX Detroit

VivaOzzie
08-20-2005, 01:08 PM
They are playing an infomercial for proactiv instead of the Sox-Yankees game. Unbelieveable. :angry: :angry: :angry:

HoosierHerb
08-20-2005, 01:13 PM
Here in Indy we get the Cards-Giants game:angry:

MarySwiss
08-20-2005, 01:15 PM
They are playing an infomercial for proactiv instead of the Sox-Yankees game. Unbelieveable. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I feel your pain. Fox Arizona seems to think there are more people here from Boston and LA than from NEW YORK and CHICAGO! And of course as a national broadcast, it's blocked out on MLB.com. :angry: :angry: :angry:

If it's a national broadcast, how come I can't see it unless I go out to a sports bar?
Which I just may have to do. :gulp:

Bisco Stu
08-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I got Giants-Cardinals. Whooopee. At least it's on ESPN radio here.

MarySwiss
08-20-2005, 01:26 PM
I got Giants-Cardinals. Whooopee. At least it's on ESPN radio here.

Well, at least that makes some kind of sense if you're in SF. If the D'Backs was the national game here, I could see it being on. But Boston and LA?

WizardofOZ
08-20-2005, 01:38 PM
I feel your pain. Fox Arizona seems to think there are more people here from Boston and LA than from NEW YORK and CHICAGO! And of course as a national broadcast, it's blocked out on MLB.com. :angry: :angry: :angry:

If it's a national broadcast, how come I can't see it unless I go out to a sports bar?
Which I just may have to do. :gulp:

Hey Mary, McDuffy's in Tempe is suppose to have the game.

HoosierHerb
08-20-2005, 01:47 PM
my bad they're actually showing the sox here in indy:bandance:

MarySwiss
08-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey Mary, McDuffy's in Tempe is suppose to have the game.

Thanks for the tip, Wizard. I'm sure Skip and Jan's in Tempe has it on too; the owner is a Sox fan. That's closer and cheaper. Plus I think McDuffy's hits you with a five buck cover on Saturdays, although that may just be during college football season.

I'm wrapping up some deadline work, then I'll probably head over.

Fenway
08-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Fox no longer releases the list of what stations get what......obviously here we get Boston/Anaheim but its on ESPN Radio ( which we have had for all of 3 days )

as you can see ESPN has a very informative website here :tongue:

http://890espnboston.com

being on the same freq as WLS it must have a great nightime signal :?:

yup 3,400 watts straight towards Portugalhttp://www.radio-locator.com/pats/WAMG_AM_LN.gif

cubhater
08-20-2005, 03:00 PM
You out-of-towners are lucky that you're missing our pathetic offense today.

MarySwiss
08-20-2005, 03:04 PM
You out-of-towners are lucky that you're missing our pathetic offense today.

Who's missing it? I've been following on ESPN.com...at least until now. But now I think I'll go do something fun, like get a root canal.

Huisj
08-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Heck, I'm in Champaign, and I don't even get the Sox. It's been advertised on ads on TV all week that the sox would be on, and they're showing the Cardinals-Giants here. What a load of crap. The giants are terrible. At least show a game that's meaningful to two teams instead of sort of just one. Especially 140 miles from Chicago.

whtsx1959
08-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Aren't only half of the Tigers games televised in Detroit?

Lip Man 1
08-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Apparently you should be grateful they showed the infomercial.

Lip

VivaOzzie
08-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Aren't only half of the Tigers games televised in Detroit?

Yep, maybe not even half of them. When the Sox play the Tigers, I usually dont get the game. Up here, if it aint the Red Wings, Pistons, or UofM, apparently it doesnt matter too much.

peeonwrigley
08-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Heck, I'm in Champaign, and I don't even get the Sox. It's been advertised on ads on TV all week that the sox would be on, and they're showing the Cardinals-Giants here. What a load of crap. The giants are terrible. At least show a game that's meaningful to two teams instead of sort of just one. Especially 140 miles from Chicago.

Be thankful you missed this crap

Huisj
08-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Aren't only half of the Tigers games televised in Detroit?.

Fox Sports Detroit shows probably a little over half their games, maybe a little more than that. It's just weird when they don't show them, especially in the middle of the summer, because they usually show crap like "You gotta see this" or "Michigan golf weekly" or "the sports list" over and over while the games are going on. It's not like they have a jam packed lineup of stuff to show, so it really doesn't make sense to not show them. Oh well, I don't like in Michigan anymore, so what do I care.