PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to get some offense into the team?

Rikirk
08-20-2005, 07:29 AM
Greetings everyone...new guy here.

So...Any ideas?

Konerko was our strongest bat, but seeing as he's down for the weekend...well now what? Seeing that injuries have taken the wind out of our sails, I for one am thinking the idea of getting another player with some boom in his bat would be a good idea. Ken Griffey would have been nice, but seeing as we really need someone like that, they are gonna tease us with that issue. Would have been nice to see him in a Sox uniform, oh well.

Hopefully our other players can get some clutch hitting. I know Gooch could probobly step up, so could A.J. and Aaron. Everett needs to stop swinging at everything in the dirt.

If were gonna loose some games..its best to get them out of the way now...but this slump, and the way Cleveland and Minnesota have been winning games has me a bit concerned.

Small ball/Smart ball is all well and good...but if you have no power to back it up with...your just spinning your wheels.

Go get Griffey already!...or someone like him.

Thanks for letting me vent folks.

(Wishing Big Frank was still in the lineup):whiner:

veeter
08-20-2005, 07:53 AM
The Griffey thing aint happening. I would bring up Ross Gload who would immediately be the best hitter on the team. I'd then sit Dye and put Anderson in right. I'd start laying down bunt after bunt forcing them to make plays. I'd tell all the hitters who weren't bunting to take the ball up the middle or the other way. Especially because Chacon is a junk baller. Then I'd beg El Duke to throw an f-in shutout.

BeviBall!
08-20-2005, 07:56 AM
The Griffey thing aint happening. I would bring up Ross Gload who would immediately be the best hitter on the team. I'd then sit Dye and put Anderson in right. I'd start laying down bunt after bunt forcing them to make plays. I'd tell all the hitters who weren't bunting to take the ball up the middle or the other way. Especially because Chacon is a junk baller. Then I'd beg El Duke to throw an f-in shutout.

So, what you're saying is... losing streak hits lucky #7 today. How bad off are we when a statement like "Ross Gload would immediately be the best hitter on the team" is pretty darn accurate?

veeter
08-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Well, I think Gload is a really good hitter. But you're right that that is a poor statement on the state of the team. I do know that he's much better than Blum. When they got that guy I was like, why? However, I'm hopeful today, the streak ends.

DrCrawdad
08-20-2005, 08:18 AM

HERE! HERE!

The Gloadinator would be starting, either at first or in left every game. Rotate Dye and Crazy Carl in right, with Carl splitting time at DH with Konerko.

Stop using Blum every freaking day! Blum is a switch hitting version of Crede.

soxjim
08-20-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm thinking we should give Norton a try again. It would not hurt.

BeviBall!
08-20-2005, 09:36 AM

We're in a 6-game losing streak... not a 26-game one. Norton isn't an option unless Crede, Blum and Ozuna all go on maternity leave.

DrummerGeorgefan
08-20-2005, 09:55 AM
I agree with bringing up Gload while PK is nursing his back. Gload is a contact hitter who can actually get the bat on the ball and flare one out for a single or double. I'd much rather have Gload at 1B instead of relying on Blum.

I'd send down Ozuna to make room because I'm sick of seing one of 'Ozzie's Guys' (Yep, he's using him like Dusty Baker uses his favorites) play all over the infield with the excuse of a need to rest guys.

ndu3t4
08-20-2005, 10:09 AM
I say we put Aaron in the leadoff spot, he's shown that he can do it in the past.

That lets us put Timo in the bottom of the lineup to breakup the easy two out combo of Crede and Juan. I know Timo isn't great himself, but atleast he's been getting on base lately and he can take pitches like was doing last night.

Letmehearya
08-20-2005, 10:09 AM
You want offense? Find an owner who's willing to treat our team like the big market club it is. Of course, this is the same owner who was happy to see one of the great dynastys in the modern sports era [two 3-peats!] crumble and allow the greatest player in the history of his sport leave our town - MJ. What was that JR? "Organizations win championships - not players." I believe JR is currently the most senior baseball owner without a championship. Friends, it's all about $$$$$$$$ with JR, not winning World Series'. As long as he owns the Sox, the best we can hope for is a season where the Yankees and Red Sox aren't 100% [like this year], the National League doesn't have a clear cut super team [like this year] and we get into the playoffs with a mix of average/above average offense [not this year] and superb starting pitching [like this year] and hope that the stars align and we win the WS. :angry: Deal with it.

jerry
08-20-2005, 10:17 AM
I know everybody sees this...we are playing dead right now.I think we should send Brian Anderson down to minors. He can not hit big league pitching (his swing is too long (just like Crede). I also can not stand Blum. Hi is so much like Crede it is scary. We need to get a spark (a trade for any good hitter) I hold out hope that KW is working hard. We can not let this opportunity to win slip away. It does not come along that often.

I feel good about today and tomorrow with Hernandez and Contreras going. I just have a feeling and I hope they come through and the bats come alive.

TomBradley72
08-20-2005, 11:02 AM
HERE! HERE!

The Gloadinator would be starting, either at first or in left every game. Rotate Dye and Crazy Carl in right, with Carl splitting time at DH with Konerko.

Stop using Blum every freaking day! Blum is a switch hitting version of Crede.

With Gload's shoulder...he can't throw...he's not an option in the outfield (this was published earlier in the season)...he's only a 1B or a DH...

WizardofOZ
08-20-2005, 11:06 AM
I sure am glad we have Adkins riding the pine in the bullpen. Now there is a valuble roster spot.

FedEx227
08-20-2005, 11:14 AM

sadly...no teal needed :(:

Jjav829
08-20-2005, 11:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/4305.jpg
"Hi, my name is Ken Griffey Jr. and I'll be your offense for the rest of the season. My specialty is hitting home runs and driving in runners on base. Would you like to start off with an appetizer or just go ahead and acquire me right now?"

mdep524
08-20-2005, 11:36 AM
I'd love Griffey, but that looks pretty grim right now.

Other ideas:
-Ross Gload
-Raul Ibanez
-Omar Vizquel

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/baseball/mlb/players/6560.jpg
Guess there's no room for me on a team that can't hit its way out of a paper bag... Oh well, looks like I'll toil away hitting .400 in Charlotte.

JRIG
08-20-2005, 11:45 AM
How about call up Ross Gload to spell Everett at DH every once in a while. And while Podsednik's out, actually give Brian Anderson some at bats. He can't be worse than Timo.

IowaSox1971
08-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Anderson strikes me as a high-energy, Eric Byrnes-type of player. Perhaps we could put him in the leadoff spot while Podsednik is on the DL. If that is not going to be done, then Rowand should bat leadoff.

Frater Perdurabo
08-20-2005, 12:17 PM
With Blum on the team, there's no reason to have Ozuna as another backup IF. Sending Ozuna to Charlotte would make room on the roster for Gload.

Against lefties, Everett can DH while Konerko plays first.

Against righties, Konerko, Everett and Gload can platoon among DH/1B.

Anderson should be the starting LF while Pods is out. When Pods returns, I'd much rather have Anderson as the fourth OF than Perez. In the meantime, I'd rather have Borchard as the fifth OF. Borchard would go back to Charlotte when Pods returns.

Gload > Ozuna
Borchard > Perez

Ozuna and Timo should not be on the team, period.

Jurr
08-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Everybody keeps yapping about adding Griffey and adding some other guy. That will not make a damn bit of difference if nobody else is hitting. This lineup, when healthy, is capable of hitting. They just scored 8, 7, and 5 runs against the Red Sox a week ago! Back then it was the pitching that was a problem.

Slumps happen. When Konerko and Pods come back healthy, we'll see how it's going. I think they're going to find their way out of this. Don't be expecting a ton of help. It's not coming. The guys have to suck it up and make it happen. Period.

VenturaSoxFan23
08-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Anybody else see what the Sox are doing to Borchard, besides making me upset they haven't called him up yet?

He's in his last season before becoming a free agent. Either use him now or trade him.

Hangar18
08-20-2005, 12:38 PM
At this point, im trying anything. Give Borchard one more chance, stress making CONTACT. Aaron Rowand bats 2nd, effective IMMEDIATELY.
Iguchi leads off.

VenturaSoxFan23
08-20-2005, 12:42 PM
The Sox did this with Joe Crede for years. They've said he's the next big star. They'd bring him up for 10 games, then send him back down. Next year, same thing.

Borchard's not getting any younger and he's not going to get any better if you keep him in Triple-A. You're just giving him a reason to leave.

If they don't call up Borchard, expect to see him starting in Kansas City or Colorado next year. The guy needs playing time.

samram
08-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Anybody else see what the Sox are doing to Borchard, besides making me upset they haven't called him up yet?

He's in his last season before becoming a free agent. Either use him now or trade him.

Have you seen Borchard play when he's been up? He's been awful. He's only hitting about .250 in Charlotte. He's a bust. He has very little trade value. The Sox aren't "doing" anything to Borchard- they're just counting down the days until they don't have to pay him anymore.

mdep524
08-20-2005, 01:02 PM

He's in his last season before becoming a free agent. Either use him now or trade him. Where's Borchard going to play? Ozzie won't even let Brian Anderson crack his everday line up! LOL.

VenturaSoxFan23
08-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Maybe pinch hit for Juan "Swing at anything between the on-deck circles" Uribe?

Sorry, just an idea.

Tragg
08-20-2005, 02:02 PM
One suggestion I would make: DON'T put Timo Perez as your lead off hitter, for goodness sakes. That's pure insanity.

SOXSINCE'70
08-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Does praying count?? I'm serious!!

I know teams go through many slumps in a year,
but this is getting re-freakin'-diculous.:angry:

The Evil Empire just scored yet another run.:rolleyes:
Yankmees-4,SOX-0.

C'mon guys,you're a better team than this.:(:

SABRSox
08-20-2005, 02:08 PM
One suggestion I would make: DON'T put Timo Perez as your lead off hitter, for goodness sakes. That's pure insanity.

What are you talking about? He's clearly shown he's capable with his outstanding .306 career OBP.

jerry
08-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Does praying count?? I'm serious!!

I know teams go through many slumps in a year,
but this is getting re-freakin'-diculous.:angry:

The Evil Empire just scored yet another run.:rolleyes:
Yankmees-4,SOX-0.

C'mon guys,you're a better team than this.:(:

I too am worried...blum, ozuna, crede, perez, anderson, adkins...6 roster spots ...no help. I hate the Yankees and these games mean somethign and we are playing dead.:(:

Tragg
08-20-2005, 02:41 PM
What are you talking about? He's clearly shown he's capable with his outstanding .306 career OBP.

I never really thought that Ozzie cared much about OBP and taking walks (he didn't when he was a hitter and nothing he has done suggests he does as a manager) but leading off with the teams' worst OBP player is obscene under any paradigm.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 02:44 PM
We need more than 8 runs in 5 games. Teams go through slumps in a season. Our offense is worse than last season (3rd in runs last year, 14th this year) but the pitching and defense is much improved. I think the bats will break out of it - hopefully within a week - so we can score enough to win ball games.

The players are swinging at bad pitches - they will need more patience at the plate to get better results. Sox hitters are making pitchers like Shawn Chacon and Kyle Lohse look like 20 game winners.
Us fans need a little patience as well. The Sox are an average offensive team but are playing well below average post All Star Break - I think things will improve (regress to the mean) with the players we have. The Sox are not getting Griffey or any other savior so we better hope the Sox can turn it around in Minnesota and Seattle before things get too interesting for my taste.

Frater Perdurabo
08-20-2005, 02:46 PM
I think things will improve (regress to the mean) with the players we have.

But what if at the end of the season, .222 is closer to the "mean" than .260? :(:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-20-2005, 02:51 PM
I never really thought that Ozzie cared much about OBP and taking walks (he didn't when he was a hitter and nothing he has done suggests he does as a manager) but leading off with the teams' worst OBP player is obscene under any paradigm.

I agree - It is more like Dusty Ball (Corey Patterson leading off). Timo should be used as little as possible and should bat 9th when he is in the lineup.

I would like to see Gload up with Konerko sore - Konerko has had few days off this year and we need Konerko's bat more than any other Sox to be fresh in October. He is the best source of power and has the best OBP to let others drive him in when he doesn't homer. Let Paully DH a couple games to keep him rested.

Hopefully Konerko, Podsednik, Crede and Hermanson will be in good shape come October - we will need all of them to make some noice and advance.

Whitesoxtom
08-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Hopefully Konerko, Podsednik, Crede and Hermanson will be in good shape come October - we will need all of them to make some noice and advance.

October? Can we make it through September? Bigger leads have fallen and this team is playing horrible. I don't understand why Ozzie loves Timo so much. I just don't get it.

WizardofOZ
08-20-2005, 03:11 PM
I agree - It is more like Dusty Ball (Corey Patterson leading off). Timo should be used as little as possible and should bat 9th when he is in the lineup.

I would like to see Gload up with Konerko sore - Konerko has had few days off this year and we need Konerko's bat more than any other Sox to be fresh in October. He is the best source of power and has the best OBP to let others drive him in when he doesn't homer. Let Paully DH a couple games to keep him rested.

We keep playing like this and there will be NO October!!

Lip Man 1
08-20-2005, 04:58 PM
That's a good point about having six maybe seven guys on the roster who are basically dead weight right now. I'd say Perez, Adkins, Ozuna, Blum, Widger and Anderson. That's 25% of the roster.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with a shake up at this point. It may wake the guys up out of their stupor and get them ready for September.

To answer the question about how to get the offense back, the only thing I can think of is to use the Eddie Stanky method of baseball. In so many words, everybody bunts, everybody runs. Those Sox stole bases, the hit and ran every game and Stanky had a rule, you tag up on EVERY fly ball, even if it is just a bluff. He forced the opposition to make a throw and often they threw the ball away. That style forces the players to stay awake, pay attention and be aggressive at all times.

Since the Sox can't (or probably won't) change players, they have to change the 'mind set' of those that they have who are probably wondering just like the fans, what happened, what is going wrong and can it be corrected.

Lip

Tragg
08-20-2005, 07:24 PM
I don't see the point of Adkins, Perez et al on this team. Adkins completely fails in his big appearance.

We can certainly bring up players from the minors who couldn't possibly be worse.

Knucksie
08-20-2005, 07:52 PM
That's a good point about having six maybe seven guys on the roster who are basically dead weight right now. I'd say Perez, Adkins, Ozuna, Blum, Widger and Anderson. That's 25% of the roster.

Widger is the only other catcher they have besides AJ and has done an admirable job as a back up. Blum is a valuable utility glove the has versatility. Anderson is up to replace Pods and hasn't had enough of an opportunity to be called "dead weight."

Timo is a poor excuse for a major league player and Adkins has no business on a major league roster either. Ozuna, who earned his job with a solid spring, hasn't produced much and is expendable with the arrival of Blum.

The problem is...Who are you going to replace them with? Most of the top prospects aren't really ready for this. Or, we could go pull up some of our stellar AAAA talent ie Greg Norton, Rosie Brown, Jorge Toca, etc.

We should be surprised by the slump they are in. This club really hasn't hit well all year. There just isn't much offense on this club. Seeing as this has been a problem all year and the trade deadline has passed and they couldn't get anything done, I don't expect any significant personnel changes.

They should be able to turn things around, the question is when they come out of the slump, will they just be another .500 team that coasts into the playoffs or will they be able to peak going into the playoffs hot.

Lip Man 1
08-20-2005, 08:23 PM
I am not saying this is the answer but you do have some experienced guys in Gload and Burke in Triple A. Burke can catch as well I think.

Anderson will in the future a very good player but what is he doing right now besides taking a roster spot? If he's not playing enough that a different question. Then you have to ask why Ozzie isn't giving him playing time. If Ozzie can't use him for whatever reason then his spot needs to be filled by someone that Ozzie can use or will use.

As far as who else are you going to replace them with, that's a valid point. That's a question for Kenny Williams to answer.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
08-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I am not saying this is the answer but you do have some experienced guys in Gload and Burke in Triple A. Burke can catch as well I think.

Anderson will in the future a very good player but what is he doing right now besides taking a roster spot? If he's not playing enough that a different question. Then you have to ask why Ozzie isn't giving him playing time. If Ozzie can't use him for whatever reason then his spot needs to be filled by someone that Ozzie can use or will use.

As far as who else are you going to replace them with, that's a valid point. That's a question for Kenny Williams to answer.

LipAnderson is taking a roster spot from who? Joe Borchard? They don't have anybody better. I agree with bringing up Gload, but the guy at the top of the excess baggage list has to be AAdkins. But other than that, I don't see anyone in the minors who I would take over anyone currently on the 25-man roster.

socko82
08-21-2005, 11:02 AM
If their only options are to stay within the organization what about calling up Jerry Owens. He's hitting .340 at AA .400 OBP and 33 SB. With the way the offense has ground to a stop why not bring him up to lead off until Pods gets back.

soxrme
08-21-2005, 11:05 AM
October? Can we make it through September? Bigger leads have fallen and this team is playing horrible. I don't understand why Ozzie loves Timo so much. I just don't get it.
I don't get it either, call up Gload because Konerko is hurting, leave Anderson in left for now or if you must play Timo bat him 9th. The other thing would be to fine Dye, Crede, and Uribe $100,000 after each time they strike out on that low outside pitch. Get a clue:angry: :angry:

BigEdWalsh
08-21-2005, 11:14 AM
If their only options are to stay within the organization what about calling up Jerry Owens. He's hitting .340 at AA .400 OBP and 33 SB. With the way the offense has ground to a stop why not bring him up to lead off until Pods gets back.

Man, I totally agree with that idea. Owens is a leadoff man, Timo is not. You can only scratch your head and wonder why this move hasn't happened. I would also have Gload up here instead of Anderson (whose time just isn't now).

Lip Man 1
08-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Apparently Ozzie doesn't fell the way many fans do about Timo. This is from a Sun-Times story Sunday by Tony Gianniti:

"People say to me, 'Ozzie, how can you lead off with Timo Perez?' But what other choice do we have?"

Does Ozzie really believe this? If so, is this an indirect comment about the organization?

Lip

getonbckthr
08-21-2005, 12:53 PM
i kind of hate bringing this up but with paulie being hurt and palmero clearing should we take a chance???

A.T. Money
08-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Here is what's going through my head at this particular moment.

I'm going to touch on the Griffey thing, which is tired, but I have to use him in my thoughts. More on him in a sec..

Isn't it our beloved chairman, Mr. Jerry Reinsdorf, who says that if the fans come out to the ballpark, the money will be spent? As most know, the Sox have now had 15 sellouts, with 16 coming on Sunday. You can estimate that we're going to draw 2.5-2.8 million fans this season. You can probably assume that season ticket base will increase next year too, so why isn't Jerry increasing the payroll?

This is where Griffey comes into play. My gut tells me it's about money. The Reds don't want to eat the majority of that money. Why won't the Sox spend money to bring this guy here? He's clearly the best option for us, and his presence in the lineup will help tremendously. Isn't Griffey signed through 2008 or 2009?

The fans have come Jerry. Now you need to do your part.

CarlosMay'sThumb
08-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Is it possible the Sox are going after Soriano? There aren't that many teams ahead of the Twins - and they certainly would try to block a Sox acquisition.

Has Soriano played 3rd? I'm pretty sure he's played short.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050821&content_id=1178554&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

RowanDye
08-21-2005, 03:24 PM
You need offense? I guess you just have to hope Randy Johnson is pitching..

Unregistered
08-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Is it possible the Sox are going after Soriano? There aren't that many teams ahead of the Twins - and they certainly would try to block a Sox acquisition.

Has Soriano played 3rd? I'm pretty sure he's played short.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050821&content_id=1178554&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
Doesn't matter now - the Twins already blocked him. The Rangers can either deal with Minnesota or keep Soriano. The Sox get no say in the matter.

Palehose13
08-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Greetings everyone...new guy here.

So...Any ideas?

Konerko was our strongest bat, but seeing as he's down for the weekend...well now what? Seeing that injuries have taken the wind out of our sails, I for one am thinking the idea of getting another player with some boom in his bat would be a good idea. Ken Griffey would have been nice, but seeing as we really need someone like that, they are gonna tease us with that issue. Would have been nice to see him in a Sox uniform, oh well.

Hopefully our other players can get some clutch hitting. I know Gooch could probobly step up, so could A.J. and Aaron. Everett needs to stop swinging at everything in the dirt.

If were gonna loose some games..its best to get them out of the way now...but this slump, and the way Cleveland and Minnesota have been winning games has me a bit concerned.

Small ball/Smart ball is all well and good...but if you have no power to back it up with...your just spinning your wheels.

Go get Griffey already!...or someone like him.

Thanks for letting me vent folks.

(Wishing Big Frank was still in the lineup):whiner:

Want offense? We need this guy to be healthy:

:pods:

Don't underestimate his value. He's the spark. I personally don't care how far the Sox slip as long as they win the division and everyone is healthy for October.

CFDJimmy
08-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Back to back to back homers today...seems like they might be waking up...

Ol' No. 2
08-21-2005, 04:59 PM
Want offense? We need this guy to be healthy:

:pods:

Don't underestimate his value. He's the spark. I personally don't care how far the Sox slip as long as they win the division and everyone is healthy for October.Truth is, the way they've been playing for the last week they could have Rickey Henderson in his prime leading off and it wouldn't have made any difference. Two things that have always and will always be true about baseball.

1. Winning is contagious.
2. So is losing.

Palehose13
08-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Truth is, the way they've been playing for the last week they could have Rickey Henderson in his prime leading off and it wouldn't have made any difference. Two things that have always and will always be true about baseball.

1. Winning is contagious.
2. So is losing.

They just happened to "catch a cold" when Pods injures himself.

Ol' No. 2
08-21-2005, 05:28 PM
They just happened to "catch a cold" when Pods injures himself.Pretty much. Coincidences happen. How many times during this losing streak have they stranded runners in scoring position? So you'd replace Pods for someone else, but he'd still have been stranded.

Lip Man 1
08-21-2005, 05:40 PM
A.T.:

I think your point is better used during this off season. Right now the Sox are limited in who they can acquire at the very least because of waiver blocks.

Lip

Palehose13
08-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Pretty much. Coincidences happen. How many times during this losing streak have they stranded runners in scoring position? So you'd replace Pods for someone else, but he'd still have been stranded.

Not necessarily. Pods gets into the pitcher's head. Maybe if he was on base the hitters would have had better pitches to hit.

Ol' No. 2
08-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Not necessarily. Pods gets into the pitcher's head. Maybe if he was on base the hitters would have had better pitches to hit.This team has been hitting like crap for a week. Top to bottom. I just don't think one guy would have made enough of a difference to matter.

Palehose13
08-21-2005, 06:27 PM
This team has been hitting like crap for a week. Top to bottom. I just don't think one guy would have made enough of a difference to matter.

*sigh* I suppose you're right. If the Sox had Pods or Griffey(since most people are convinced that he is the magic man this team needs) for the last week they still would have had a 7 game losing streak.

Ol' No. 2
08-21-2005, 06:38 PM
*sigh* I suppose you're right. If the Sox had Pods or Griffey(since most people are convinced that he is the magic man this team needs) for the last week they still would have had a 7 game losing streak.You don't sound convinced.:wink:

Paulwny
08-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Here is what's going through my head at this particular moment.

I'm going to touch on the Griffey thing, which is tired, but I have to use him in my thoughts. More on him in a sec..

Isn't it our beloved chairman, Mr. Jerry Reinsdorf, who says that if the fans come out to the ballpark, the money will be spent? As most know, the Sox have now had 15 sellouts, with 16 coming on Sunday. You can estimate that we're going to draw 2.5-2.8 million fans this season. You can probably assume that season ticket base will increase next year too, so why isn't Jerry increasing the payroll?

This is where Griffey comes into play. My gut tells me it's about money. The Reds don't want to eat the majority of that money. Why won't the Sox spend money to bring this guy here? He's clearly the best option for us, and his presence in the lineup will help tremendously. Isn't Griffey signed through 2008 or 2009?

The fans have come Jerry. Now you need to do your part.

THANK YOU, I was thinking the very same thing.
The question JR has to ask himself is, does acquiring Griffey put us into the ws. If he's more interested in the bottom line forget about Griffey.
He says he'll spend, but he never said how much.
I don't know if we'd win the ws, but I think Griffey's presence in the line up will take the sox to the ws. MAKE THE MOVE !!!

A.T. Money
08-21-2005, 10:38 PM
A.T.:

I think your point is better used during this off season. Right now the Sox are limited in who they can acquire at the very least because of waiver blocks.

Lip

True, but Griffey has already cleared waivers.