PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's lineup

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Hold onto your lunch.

Perez, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ... Rowand, CF ... Crede, 3B ... Uribe, SS ... Garland, RHP.

DaveIsHere
08-19-2005, 06:05 PM
I saw that and immediately screamed "NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" out loud when I saw Timo leading off, and though well her comes 6 in a row.

I hope i am wrong:(:

ChiSoxRowand
08-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Please ozzie, let Rowand lead off.

Cowhead418
08-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Quick! Someone steal those pictures of Ozzie Timo has and maybe he'll be off the team before the game starts!

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2005, 06:10 PM
With the exception of the Lead-off guy, that's a pretty standard lineup, so I don't know why people are too pissed about it.

And, the Yankees have been scuffling, their pitching hasn't been superb, so I don't think too much about this weekend...I'm not scared!

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 06:11 PM
With the exception of the Lead-off guy, that's a pretty standard lineup, so I don't know why people are too pissed about it.

And, the Yankees have been scuffling, their pitching hasn't been superb, so I don't think too much about this weekend...I'm not scared!Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?:rolleyes:

fquaye149
08-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?:rolleyes:

other than the last two weeks, ChiSoxBob, how did you like the season?

DarkCloudDropo
08-19-2005, 06:20 PM
I've said it many times. Oz is a very slow learner.

CHISOXFAN13
08-19-2005, 06:21 PM

And, the Yankees have been scuffling, their pitching hasn't been superb, so I don't think too much about this weekend...I'm not scared!

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, Timo has sucked. But if not for a blown save and the inability of the rest of the offense to hit, he would have been the hitting hero last tuesday night.

He's not any worse than Dye right now.

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, Timo has sucked. But if not for a blown save and the inability of the rest of the offense to hit, he would have been the hitting hero last tuesday night.

He's not any worse than Dye right now.They're both hitting below the Mendoza line in August. The difference is, Dye is slumping. Timo is not.

oeo
08-19-2005, 06:28 PM

He's not any worse than Dye right now.

Well he can be a good bench player because it seems like he always comes through with a clutch hit. But starting everyday, especially in the leadoff spot and sometimes even the #5 makes me want to puke. Timo Perez should not be starting games for any team.

TheOldRoman
08-19-2005, 06:30 PM
They're both hitting below the Mendoza line in August. The difference is, Dye is slumping. Timo is not.
Hey, without Timo's contributions on Tuesday night...
we would have still lost. He had two or three hits on Tuesday, so we shouldn't expect him to be getting another hit until September.

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 06:35 PM
:KW All right, Ozzie. I'm trying. I'm TRYING.

the_valenstache
08-19-2005, 06:36 PM
I support the Timo-bashing, mainly because - in my experience - it's had a counter-effect. Last Tuesday, I was in the stands going on and on about him leading off, and he happened to get the hit that put us up before the next oh, 9+ innings of a nightmareish game. Go ahead and scapegoat him and hopefully something good will fall out of the sky again.

And before someone asks, yes what I'm smoking is good and you can have some if you're nice. :D:

TomBradley72
08-19-2005, 06:38 PM
They're both hitting below the Mendoza line in August. The difference is, Dye is slumping. Timo is not.

So what are Ozzie's alternatives vs. the RH Mussina tonight for LF?

Crazy Carl?- still gimpy...don't want him in the field
Pablo Ozuna?
Brian Anderson?
Shows what a world of hurt we are in with the injuries we're dealing with...I think he's made the right choice given the options available. I've never been too sure how much it impacts players when you move them around the line up....seems like he's trying to keep everyone in their "slots" until Pods comes back in a week.

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 06:40 PM
So what are Ozzie's alternatives vs. the RH Mussina tonight for LF?

Crazy Carl?- still gimpy...don't want him in the field
Pablo Ozuna?
Brian Anderson?
Shows what a world of hurt we are in with the injuries we're dealing with...I think he's made the right choice given the options available. I've never been too sure how much it impacts players when you move them around the line up....seems like he's trying to keep everyone in their "slots" until Pods comes back in a week.If he needs to play him, fine. By why leading off? AJ Pierzynski would be a better choice. [no teal]

HotelWhiteSox
08-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Just incase you had any lunch left, Konerko is a late scratch (back), Blum will play first tonight

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Just incase you had any lunch left, Konerko is a late scratch (back), Blum will play first tonightMussina's probably begging Torre to let him take the night off.

Mr. White Sox
08-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Timo will go 0/5, but will make two of those outs in the same inning as the white sox demolish Mussina with a 6 run inning

I just heard this: PK a late scratch with a lower back strain. Geoff Blum replaces him. Everyone cries.

The Racehorse
08-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Timo spelling Pods and leading off, and PK a late scratch... this has the makings of a Gallipoli-like result.

TheOldRoman
08-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Timo spelling Pods and leading off, and PK a late scratch... this has the makings of a Gallipoli-like result.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guarantee a White Sox winner tonight. I predict we will rough up Mussina pretty good.

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guarantee a White Sox winner tonight. I predict we will rough up Mussina pretty good.Lie down and put a cold compress on your forehead. It will pass.

RallyBowl
08-19-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guarantee a White Sox winner tonight. I predict we will rough up Mussina pretty good.

We're due against him. Hasn't he roughed us up the last few times he faced us?

MarySwiss
08-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Well, that's it. Line-up sucks. Season over. All hope is gone. Why even play the game?

TOMORROW'S CUBUNE HEADLINE:

WHITE SOX FANS--ALL THIRTY-FOUR OF THEM--COMMIT MASS SUICIDE AFTER SUDDENLY REALIZING THAT THEIR TEAM CANNOT POSSIBLY WIN THE DIVISION, NEVER MIND THE WORLD SERIES, BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYING THE YANKEES THIS WEEKEND AND THAT GOOD OL' YANKEE MYSTIQUE AND AURA ARE ABOUT TO KICK IN.

BridgePortNative
08-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Moose only gave up 2 runs but 8 hits in 6 innings, couldn't get hits in the clutch

maurice
08-19-2005, 07:02 PM
So, to sum up, 3 of our top hitters are out of the lineup with various maladies, Everett is playing with bum knees, Crede and Hermanson are day-to-day with chronic back pain that may require surgery, and Marte and Hernandez have been on the DL at times this season.

It's a good thing the Sox are luckier than other teams and don't have any injury problems!

maurice
08-19-2005, 07:03 PM
couldn't get hits in the clutch

. . . despite a steady dose of extremely hittable hanging breaking balls.
:angry:

Jjav829
08-19-2005, 07:04 PM
The most significant lineup note tonight; Ken Griffey Jr. is batting 3rd for the Reds. :(:

CYGarland20
08-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Hold onto your lunch.

Perez, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ... Rowand, CF ... Crede, 3B ... Uribe, SS ... Garland, RHP. Timo has been hitting pretty good lately so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but he is by no means a leadoff hitter. And Right now we really don't have a decent leadoff guy until Pods comes back............ I don't like Rowand, Crede, Uribe hitting back2back2back, that scares me. If i were Ozzie I would seriously think about changing the lineup. When and until Pods comes back I'd go w/ this one..........Perez/Pods, Rowand, Iguchi, Pk, Everett, Dye, AJ, Crede, Uribe.........Personally I think Iguchi is our best hitter, so hitting him 3rd makes sense, and w/Pods(when he gets back), Rowand and Iguchi hitting in front of PK, Everett and Dye those guys will get more Rbi opportunities. Also Everett protects PK................. I think it's fairly obvious are offense needs a shakeup..

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Timo has been hitting pretty good lately....Is he playing in another league somewhere? He has 5 hits this month in 26 AB.

The Racehorse
08-19-2005, 07:11 PM

I consider myself an optimist. Nothing is predetermined and nothing can be mailed in... I too have my fingers crossed that Mussina has a subpar outing and that our subs can clutch-up tonight.

CYGarland20
08-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Is he playing in another league somewhere? He has 5 hits this month in 26 AB. Alright, in his last couple games. Believe me I don't want to see Timo batting in the lineup no matter what, but look at our bench, IT'S AWFUL!!!

Jjav829
08-19-2005, 07:12 PM
The lineup just got worse. PK is a late scratch with a lower back strain suffered during batting practice. Ugh. Kenny, please get Ken Griffey Jr. on a plane to Chicago by tonight. Do whatever you have to do to get the Reds to agree. I mean anything.

:sopranos:
"Hey Kenny, need some help?"

CYGarland20
08-19-2005, 07:13 PM
The lineup just got worse. PK is a late scratch with a lower back strain suffered during batting practice. Ugh. Kenny, please get Ken Griffey Jr. on a plane to Chicago by tonight. Do whatever you have to do to get the Reds to agree. I mean anything.

:sopranos:
"Hey Kenny, need some help?"Please tell me this is a joke?????? :o:

Jjav829
08-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Please tell me this is a joke?????? :o:

From Reifort's blog:

Revised Lineup
Perez, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... Pierzynski, C ... Dye, RF ... Rowand, CF ... Crede, 3B ... Blum, 1B ... Uribe, SS ... Garland, RHP.

Paul Konerko was scratched with a lower back strain suffered during batting practice.

CYGarland20
08-19-2005, 07:15 PM
From Reifort's blog: It better not be serious or we are seriously screwed!!!!!!!!!!! :(:

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 07:16 PM
I consider myself an optimist. Nothing is predetermined and nothing can be mailed in... I too have my fingers crossed that Mussina has a subpar outing and that our subs can clutch-up tonight.This is baseball. Anything can happen on any given day. But if they keep trotting out this lineup day after day they're going to get beat more often than not. I'd rather see Joe Borchard in there. Why is Ross Gload still in Charlotte? So they can keep AAdkins in the pen? Gload would be a MUCH better option than Blum. It's just not true that they don't have any better options. Almost anybody is a better option. They're just not availing themselves of the options they have.

MarySwiss
08-19-2005, 07:18 PM
As a major Paul Konerko fan, I find it interesting that we haven't heard from the PK haters as yet.

Okay, PK haters, answer me this: Why is PK being scratched a good thing?

Ol' No. 2
08-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Alright, in his last couple games. Believe me I don't want to see Timo batting in the lineup no matter what, but look at our bench, IT'S AWFUL!!!In his last two games he's 2 for 8 (.250). And you know what? You're right. That's an improvement.:(:

CYGarland20
08-19-2005, 07:24 PM
In his last two games he's 2 for 8 (.250). And you know what? You're right. That's an improvement.:(: For him that is good :tongue:

pczarapa
08-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Hold onto your lunch.

Perez, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... PK, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ... Rowand, CF ... Crede, 3B ... Uribe, SS ... Garland, RHP.

Why do they have Rowand in the seven hole? Can Everett DH for Crede and let Garland bat?

HotelWhiteSox
08-19-2005, 08:27 PM
I just hope Mussina takes the lineup TOO lightly. I'm sure he knows that his job just got a lot easier with one of the few people he did have to worry about out of the lineup

BeviBall!
08-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Well, that's it. Line-up sucks. All hope is gone. Why even play the game?

Amazing prediction and 110% correct. Wish I would have read this before I dropped $50 on tickets.