PDA

View Full Version : An interesting start for Garland tonight

lowesox
08-19-2005, 09:44 AM
With a 5 game losing streak, the White Sox really need to get back to winning so this start is pretty big for Garland. The fact that it's against the Yankees ups the ante too.

I'm going to consider it Garland's playoff dress rehearsal.

Hope we win.

MsSoxVixen22
08-19-2005, 09:52 AM
With a 5 game losing streak, the White Sox really need to get back to winning so this start is pretty big for Garland. The fact that it's against the Yankees ups the ante too.

I'm going to consider it Garland's playoff dress rehearsal.

Hope we win.

Yeah no ****. We need to come up with the W today and hopefully Garland brings his A+++++ game tonite. Yanks are gonna be down n dirty tonite for sure

BeviBall!
08-19-2005, 10:02 AM
If the weather holds... this is definitely a dress rehearsal for October. The crowd better bring it tonight. I know I will.

Rocky Soprano
08-19-2005, 10:07 AM
If the weather holds... this is definitely a dress rehearsal for October. The crowd better bring it tonight. I know I will.

I will be there with some family. I will do my best to get the crowd going.

Huge game tonight.

GoGoSoxReborn
08-19-2005, 10:08 AM

I'll be there... should be an awesome game.. I'll bring the noise! Plus Beatles fireworks!

MsSoxVixen22
08-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Oh yeah thats right, there's supposed to be bad storms coming in tonite. Hopefully they'll come in after the game is over or in the 5th when the Sox are leading! :D: To all of you going have a great time and bring home a White Sox winner!

DumpJerry
08-19-2005, 10:18 AM
I'll be there giving Giambi a "very warm" White Sox Welcome.

Lip Man 1
08-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Since the All Star break the Sox seem to be running into a lot of bad weather, rain delays, very long games and in one case a rainout.

Lip

Brian26
08-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Since the All Star break the Sox seem to be running into a lot of bad weather, rain delays, very long games and in one case a rainout.

Lip

I hope we don't have to play Boston in a makeup game at the end of the season.

WizardofOZ
08-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Maybe we should let Jon bat (hitting .500 1-2) and DH for Crede. Oh yeh, nobody on the bench.

LVSoxFan
08-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Yankees haven't been doing too well of late.

I'll be there, though! GO SOX! Enough of this losing ****...:cool:

DumpJerry
08-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Yankees haven't been doing too well of late.

I'll be there, though! GO SOX! Enough of this losing ****...:cool:
I was thinking about that today. We caught Oakland just before the ASB when they were hot, the Red Sox were hot when we arrived in Boston and the Twins are on a run right now. Maybe our "problem" is catching teams when they are beating up the world.

hawkjt
08-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Garland has been quoted that he has not had his curve the last four starts. Where did it go? Why does it go away like this? Can it come back? Hope so. Go sox.

Fake Chet Lemon
08-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Come on Big Jon, we need a stopper! Pick-up Burhrle from his failed attempt Wednesday, if anyone deserves a pick-up from a teammate it's Buehrle. I'm sure he feels terrible about it. A win tonight will lift his spirits (and OURS!). :bandance:

slavko
08-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I was thinking about that today. We caught Oakland just before the ASB when they were hot, the Red Sox were hot when we arrived in Boston and the Twins are on a run right now. Maybe our "problem" is catching teams when they are beating up the world.

We're lucky we caught the Orioles when they were frozen, or our recent record would look sick. Have you ever seen big crowds at the Cell with less energy? Finally, our ace is going tonight and the Yanks are still favored (check the newspaper). Jon:WE NEED THIS ONE.

cheeses_h_rice
08-19-2005, 04:18 PM
I hope we don't have to play Boston in a makeup game at the end of the season.

If the game matters to the AL East standings, unfortunately, we will.

Has it been determined that this game, if necessary, would happen at the end of the year, or are there any off days in September for both teams that would work?