Who's Not:

Timo: .180-0-4
Pablo: .216-0-3
Jermaine: .225-3-17
Crede: .240-4-11
Crazy Carl: .242-5-15
Pods: .248-0-2 (10 SB/9 CS)
Uribe: .250-3-15
As team we have the #5 pitching staff in ERA since the break so that's holding up well. This is how we looked in early May...but since we played so many low scoring games we were OK. It's not like that in July/August. We've lost alot of close games....if just 2-3 (Dye, Carl and Uribe are my bets) of the 7 slumpers can turn it back on...we'll be alright.

Argalarga
08-18-2005, 07:06 PM
JD and Jurassic Carl are driving in runs, just not getting on base.

Pods is the key. Getting him back will spark the offense and set everything in motion.

BigEdWalsh
08-18-2005, 07:13 PM
JD and Jurassic Carl are driving in runs, just not getting on base.

Pods is the key. Getting him back will spark the offense and set everything in motion.

Pods IS the key. I also think Gooch needs to be playing every day.
Big surprise about Timo, huh?

samram
08-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Who's Not:
Timo: .180-0-4

Stunning. I have an idea, let's bat him leadoff.

1951Campbell
08-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Timo's got pictures. No other way to explain it.

WizardofOZ
08-18-2005, 11:53 PM
I hope we resign AJ

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Stunning. I have an idea, let's bat him leadoff.

:tealpolice:

SOXfnNlansing
08-19-2005, 12:08 AM
I think with Uribe batting .250 he should be in the "he's hot" category

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2005, 12:10 AM

I could not agree with you more! Pods is the catalyst of Ozzieball. That's why he's the best leadoff hitter this franchise had had in a long time, and among the best in MLB this year. There are only a few out there who produce similarly to what he does (Johnny Damon and Chone Figgens come to mind...I'd put Damon over Figgens tho). The opposing pitchers can focus a lot more on getting our hitters out when he's not playing, which is obviously an advantage to them. I cannot speak enough of what Podsednik means to this team. It will be great to get him back in about a week and a half.

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2005, 12:12 AM
I think with Uribe batting .250 he should be in the "he's hot" category

Disagree. There should be a "middle-ground" category for those like Uribe who are nothing more than "average" hitters.

PAPChiSox729
08-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Disagree. There should be a "middle-ground" category for those like Uribe who are nothing more than "average" hitters.

I agree. Looking at those stats, I really wouldn't consider Tadahito as being hot.

chisoxfanatic
08-19-2005, 12:36 AM
I agree. Looking at those stats, I really wouldn't consider Tadahito as being hot.

One thing to set Tadahito apart from Uribe tho is that he's at least been consistently hitting nearly the entire season. He's patient up there and waits for HIS pitches instead of swinging for anything (even if it's two feet out of the strike zone...maybe Uribe should get the nickname "slappy" that was once given to Mike Caruso). Uribe lacks consistency. I think he needs to spend some time with Walker and Ozzie to get a consistent swing to his table.

PAPChiSox729
08-19-2005, 12:45 AM
One thing to set Tadahito apart from Uribe tho is that he's at least been consistently hitting nearly the entire season. He's patient up there and waits for HIS pitches instead of swinging for anything (even if it's two feet out of the strike zone...maybe Uribe should get the nickname "slappy" that was once given to Mike Caruso). Uribe lacks consistency. I think he needs to spend some time with Walker and Ozzie to get a consistent swing to his table.

Well I agree with you 100% on that. I just wouldn't say that Iguchi is hot right now; he is hitting pretty much as well as he has been the whole season.

mr_genius
08-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Who's Hot:

Konerko: .330-11-23

huh? what? Konerko sucks, i hope he signs signs with another team

:tongue:

maurice
08-19-2005, 01:05 PM
This really underscores our need for a middle-of-the-order run-producer and a healthy Podsednik. Perez has killed us, while Ozzie bats him 1st and 5th. Konerko's team-leading, "hot" RBI total is tied for 26th in baseball, behind such luminaries as Jay Payton and Geoff Jenkins.

Go ahead and add Crede to that "middle-ground" category. He's pretty much a .240 hitter at this stage of his career.

LauraJ14
08-19-2005, 01:22 PM
I could not agree with you more! Pods is the catalyst of Ozzieball. That's why he's the best leadoff hitter this franchise had had in a long time, and among the best in MLB this year. There are only a few out there who produce similarly to what he does (Johnny Damon and Chone Figgens come to mind...I'd put Damon over Figgens tho). The opposing pitchers can focus a lot more on getting our hitters out when he's not playing, which is obviously an advantage to them. I cannot speak enough of what Podsednik means to this team. It will be great to get him back in about a week and a half.

The Sox need to find a way to score runs without Pods being the catalyst in every run scoring rally. Because if they can't and good opposing pitching staffs can shut him down, the Sox don't score runs. They need some guys to step it up and get on base, like Dye, AJ and Rowand.

TomBradley72
08-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Ozzie's quote was my point...we can wring our hands, and blame the lack of a .280 singles hitter (Pods) as the reason our offense stinks right now...but it's so many hitters gagging right now that is causing he slide:

Ozzie in this Morning's Trib:

"We're still waiting for somebody to come out and give us clutch hitting like earlier in the season. We need [Jermaine] Dye, Paul [Konerko], [Aaron] Rowand. When those guys come up with clutch hitting, that's when we're winning. We're not losing right now because [Scott] Podsednik [is hurt]. We're losing now because we don't have the clutch hitting we did in the past."