PDA

View Full Version : Minnie Statue Repaired?

skobabe8
08-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Anyone been to a game recently that can provide an update?

DiGiSyKo
08-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Anyone been to a game recently that can provide an update?

It's fixed.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-18-2005, 06:56 PM
What was wrong with it? I saw it last night (next to Fisk's new statute) and saw nothing wrong with it.

maurice
08-18-2005, 06:59 PM
The bat was broken off by a group of cub fans.

IIRC, there are at least 2 threads explaining exactly what happened and how the media failed to report it timely or accurately.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Must have been an act of "revenge" for the ivy - or 1906. I'll review prior posts. Thanks and I am glad he is back in order. I am not surprised it wasn't reported in the MSM.

White Sox fans are the cause of all mayhem and mob like fan behavior - Cub fans are the greatest what with their goats and curses.

santo=dorf
08-18-2005, 09:33 PM
:knue
"Accidents happen don't they???"

BainesHOF
08-19-2005, 03:36 AM
They really need a security presence at all times by the statues. At Monday's game I saw a kid repeatedly kick the Fisk statue, right in front of his mom, too. These statues are impressive works of art. They need to be protected from doofuses and idiot parents who don't control their kids.

Realist
08-19-2005, 07:29 AM
They really need a security presence at all times by the statues. At Monday's game I saw a kid repeatedly kick the Fisk statue, right in front of his mom, too. These statues are impressive works of art. They need to be protected from doofuses and idiot parents who don't control their kids.

I really don't think that gently restraining a little one from such behavior would have been out of line. Think about it. If his flea brained mother had pitched a bitch and caused a commotion, you'd be the hero of WSI right now and we'd be looking for some sculpturist to make a bronze rendition of you on the home page.

:)

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-19-2005, 09:20 AM
I really don't think that gently restraining a little one from such behavior would have been out of line. Think about it. If his flea brained mother had pitched a bitch and caused a commotion, you'd be the hero of WSI right now and we'd be looking for some sculpturist to make a bronze rendition of you on the home page.

:)

I was at the 1st Cub/Sox Game with my son (he's 10), and I saw some father putting his kid ON Charles Comiskey's statue!! My son turned to me and said, "Dad, he shouldn't be up there". The father of the kid on the statue turned to me and said, "mind your own goddamned business"....

AND HE WAS WEARING A CUB HAT.

There should be more security out there for these. I can't wait to see Fisk's statue.

Bobby Thigpen
08-19-2005, 09:47 AM
I was at the 1st Cub/Sox Game with my son (he's 10), and I saw some father putting his kid ON Charles Comiskey's statue!! My son turned to me and said, "Dad, he shouldn't be up there". The father of the kid on the statue turned to me and said, "mind your own goddamned business"....

Just further proof that we should be allowed to shoot anyone wearing Cubs gear on site.

Brian26
08-19-2005, 11:37 AM

There should be more security out there for these. I can't wait to see Fisk's statue.

Nice use of language around his kid too. And people still wonder where the William Ligue's of the world come from.