PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Boston - First ballot HOF?

Letmehearya
08-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Remember how good folks thought Daryl Boston would be? Superstar in the making. 5 tools blah blah blah. Why do I bring this up? Maybe Anderson is being showcased as part of a package. Would you trade him, BMAC and a lower level prospect for Ibanez and Guardardo? I would. It's time to win. I'm hoping against hope KW's up to something. Bruce Tanner, Joel Davis, Nyls Nyman, Lorenzo Gray and the other Sox superstars-in-the-making never amounted to crap. Do it KW! I want to win now!!!!:angry:

Ol' No. 2
08-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Remember how good folks thought Daryl Boston would be? Superstar in the making. 5 tools blah blah blah. Why do I bring this up? Maybe Anderson is being showcased as part of a package. Would you trade him, BMAC and a lower level prospect for Ibanez and Guardardo? I would. It's time to win. I'm hoping against hope KW's up to something. Bruce Tanner, Joel Davis, Nyls Nyman, Lorenzo Gray and the other Sox superstars-in-the-making never amounted to crap. Do it KW! I want to win now!!!!:angry:You can't. They would never clear waivers. End of discussion.

Letmehearya
08-18-2005, 06:22 PM
So it's Griffey or bust?

Ol' No. 2
08-18-2005, 06:35 PM
So it's Griffey or bust?Anderson and McCarthy would need to clear waivers.

Argalarga
08-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Do we know for sure they haven't already?

BeviBall!
08-18-2005, 06:37 PM
DB was as good a rookie as Hawk has ever seen. I'm sure he uttered "this kid has a chance" to someone that wasn't paying attention.

Ol' No. 2
08-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Do we know for sure they haven't already?If you mean Anderson and McCarthy, there's no way they would. If you mean Guardado,

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56231&page=2&pp=15

Chips
08-18-2005, 06:50 PM
I could easily imagine every team in the league passing on Everyday Eddie. Especially a team like Boston because their closer situation is ****ing awesome. Nobody can hit Curt Schilling, the guy is absolutely lights out.

maurice
08-18-2005, 06:53 PM
There's absolutely no way that Anderson or McCarthy would clear waivers. Any team in baseball would love to get a top prospect for nothing. (Heck, Ryan ****ing Wing was claimed off waivers TWICE, even AFTER he severely injured his shoulder.) They're the opposite of the typical waiver-clearing players -- a crappy veteran or a veteran with a huge, multi-year contract.

Letmehearya
08-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Did Rob Mackowiak of the Pirates clear waivers? He'd be a nice pick-up.