PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to bring up Baj?

chaerulez
08-18-2005, 03:43 PM
With all the talk of how useless Adkins is, and how going back to Walker isn't an option... what about Baj? Is it time to bring him up and give him a chance? I'd be all for it, because we don't know what we have in him, but we do know what we have in Adkins- and it's not good.

rowand33
08-18-2005, 03:45 PM
yes.

he probably won't be much better, but at least he's doing well at the minor league level

that's more than you can say for Adkins.

ChiSoxRowand
08-18-2005, 03:45 PM
The only reason Adkins is up is for long relief. Baj can't pitch more than 2 innings. In September McCarthy will be the long relief guy.

Ol' No. 2
08-18-2005, 03:47 PM
The only reason Adkins is up is for long relief. Baj can't pitch more than 2 innings. In September McCarthy will be the long relief guy.He'll probably be up before that. They play a double header in Texas next week.

professionalfan
08-18-2005, 03:50 PM
The only reason Adkins is up is for long relief. Baj can't pitch more than 2 innings. In September McCarthy will be the long relief guy.

Baj has pitched more than 2 innings several times in his career with no problems. And when has long relief been needed lately?

CHIsoxNation
08-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I don't think they need Baj yet. Wait until September when B-Mac is up. I thought I just read somewhere today that Baj walked the first two batters he saw the other night in a 0-0 game. He ended up taking the loss. Hopefully that is not a reflection on how he handles pressure situations.

soxrme
08-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Time to bring up Gload or Borchard, we need a bat badly. Dye hasn't hit the ball hard since Aug 1.

professionalfan
08-18-2005, 03:53 PM
I don't think they need Baj yet. Wait until September when B-Mac is up. I thought I just read somewhere today that Baj walked the first two batters he saw the other night in a 0-0 game. He ended up taking the loss. Hopefully that is not a reflection on how he handles pressure situations.

And the night before he struck out the side with 10 pitches. Those 2 walks were part of a rare bad night. Seems that he thrives under pressure usually.

What (if any) other pitchers do you all see being called up in September?

CHIsoxNation
08-18-2005, 03:56 PM
And the night before he struck out the side with 10 pitches. Those 2 walks were part of a rare bad night. Seems that he thrives under pressure usually.

What (if any) other pitchers do you all see being called up in September?

That is good to hear! I could only see them bringing up B-Mac as far as pitching. They will more than likely keep Anderson up and possible bring up Willy or Gload. I would assume Borchard's days with this team are pretty much done. I guess if they were going to bring up any other pitcher other than B-Mac it would have to be Baj. He seems the most ready.

Rocky Soprano
08-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Time to bring up Gload or Borchard, we need a bat badly. Dye hasn't hit the ball hard since Aug 1.

We need a bat badly so you suggest bringing up Gload or Borchard? That's like saying you want to watch some good baseball and deciding to watch the Cubs.

BeviBall!
08-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Yeah... like 3 weeks ago.

RallyBowl
08-18-2005, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=soxrme]Time to bring up Gload or Borchard, we need a bat badly. Dye hasn't hit the ball hard since Aug 1.[/QUOTE/]
I'd rather see Borchard at no. 3 on the Bears depth chart.
And Baj should've been the guy instead of AAdkins. I hope we see some of him soon.

Chips
08-18-2005, 04:42 PM
We need a bat badly so you suggest bringing up Gload or Borchard? That's like saying you saying you want to watch some good baseball and deciding to watch the Cubs.

Post of the week material.

But Borchard could provide some useful offense if opposing pitchers throw fastballs and only fastball.

SOecks
08-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Post of the week material.

But Borchard could provide some useful offense if opposing pitchers throw fastballs and only fastball.

So, what's wrong with that? I'm sure they would throw only fastballs if Ozzie asked really nicely:tongue:

Infallible
08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
timo.....we have timo still batting......TIME FOR BORCHARD OR GLOAD or anyone but TIMO!

maurice
08-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Hopefully that is not a reflection on how he handles pressure situations.

He's been a closer for most of his minor-league career, so he usually pitches in pressure situations. His ERA has declined for each of the last 3 years to its current 1.17. It's hard to pull that trick off if you handle pressure situations poorly.

TomBradley72
08-18-2005, 06:16 PM
The guy we really need is Bullinger.

forrestg
08-18-2005, 09:58 PM
With all the talk of how useless Adkins is, and how going back to Walker isn't an option... what about Baj? Is it time to bring him up and give him a chance? I'd be all for it, because we don't know what we have in him, but we do know what we have in Adkins- and it's not good. adkins as I remember couldn't get through one inning:supernana: