PDA

View Full Version : Anderson's playing time

chaerulez
08-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Should Anderson be in the lineup almost every day while he's up here? I think he should play at least half the games, I know it's his first go around in the majors, but who else are we really going to play? Timo? We all know Ozzie likes to use his subs a lot, so might as well make him one of the first choices off the bench anyway. It's not like he won't help the team either.

Rocky Soprano
08-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Anderson > Timo

balke
08-18-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm very comfortable with his play so far. He plays a better LF from what I've seen, and he's got a couple hits. Last night was Santana, so I don't know what to think about that performance.

He's swing does look a little rough, but I think so far he's done well, and he has the (Dare I say it) "tools" to improve big time.

CHIsoxNation
08-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Starting Sunday the Sox have 6 games next week. I would play him in at least 4 of them. I would love to see him catch fire and stick with this team the rest of the season. However, next week we will be playing the Twinkies again and we saw how disoriented he looked against Radke and Santana so maybe those should be the two games he sits out.

UofCSoxFan
08-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Anderson looks like he could be real good in a couple years. He hit real well in the marathon game and fouled a few balls straight back against Santana...who made everyone look bad. Plus, his D has been pretty good, with a nice diving catch on Weds.

TaylorStSox
08-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Should Anderson be in the lineup almost every day while he's up here? I think he should play at least half the games, I know it's his first go around in the majors, but who else are we really going to play? Timo? We all know Ozzie likes to use his subs a lot, so might as well make him one of the first choices off the bench anyway. It's not like he won't help the team either.

You don't bring a prospect up to let him sit on the bench. If anything, he's a defensive upgrade over any other player that would replace him.

Argalarga
08-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I'd love to see Anderson play well enough to get on the playoff roster. Assuming we don't make a trade for (INSERT WAIVER CLEARING, POWER HITTING, MASSIVE CONTRACT HAVING OUTFIELDER HERE), and we go with 11 pitchers for the playoffs, we'll have an open spot for an outfielder. If BA plays well, that might solve a problem before it becomes a problem.

TomBradley72
08-18-2005, 04:21 PM
He definitely has the tools....looked pretty good in left (other than the ball that turned him around)...not easy having Radke and Santana your first two games in the majors...now he gets Mussina on Friday.

I'd let him play.

Infallible
08-18-2005, 05:09 PM
he's better than Timo. That is all.

Chips
08-18-2005, 05:47 PM

Yes, Anderson should be in the lineup everyday until Scott gets back, and then we can use him to give the other OFs a rest and even let Carl sit on the bench once in a while and have him DH. Anderson looks like he could be the real deal soon.

Randar68
08-18-2005, 06:34 PM

He should be playing every day. I still think if Pods is on the DL they need to be playing Iguchi every day for that period and bat Rowand/Uribe 2nd. Uribe is an entirely different hitter in that #2 spot. Much more patient.

Flight #24
08-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Anderson > Timo

True dat.

FWIW, I'm not entirely convinced that Rocky Soprano < Timo.

Letmehearya
08-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Anderson is the future. He's likely plugged in on KW's board as a starting outfielder for next year. Let him play now. No time better than the present. We could do worse .... and we have.

TaylorStSox
08-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Anderson is the future. He's likely plugged in on KW's board as a starting outfielder for next year. Let him play now. No time better than the present. We could do worse .... and we have.

Who's he going to replace?

SpammySosa
08-18-2005, 09:58 PM

He is going to play RF when Jermaine Dye replaces Konerko at 1st,silly!:cool:

Nellie_Fox
08-19-2005, 01:33 AM
Anderson is the future. I know that a lot of you guys follow the minors and I don't. I also know that two games is a small sample size, but I'm not impressed. I saw a HUGE, looping, uppercut swing and not terribly good defensive instincts in the outfield. Hope I'm wrong.

California Sox
08-19-2005, 01:40 AM

Everett and Konerko are free agents. Even if Konerko is resigned, there will be an opportunity to make the team in an OF/DH rotation.

maurice
08-19-2005, 12:52 PM
I know that a lot of you guys follow the minors and I don't. I also know that two games is a small sample size, but I'm not impressed. I saw a HUGE, looping, uppercut swing and not terribly good defensive instincts in the outfield. Hope I'm wrong.

You're right about the swing. He does look bad at times, but has made adjustments and come back stronger at every level so far.
He's only 23.

You're wrong about the defensive instincts. Anderson is the best defensive OF in the system. He got turned around on a ball the other day because he literally never played LF before. Otherwise, his defense has been fantastic.

maurice
08-19-2005, 12:54 PM
He is going to play RF when Jermaine Dye replaces Konerko at 1st,silly!

Fixed that for you. :cool:

Seriously, KW loves Anderson. I think it's probable that he'll be a starting OF for the Sox next year. The only Sox OF who is a lock to retain their position is Podsednik, because where else could you play him? Dye --> 1B is a very real possibility, IMHO.

Paulwny
08-19-2005, 12:57 PM

Griffey !!!!