PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Emotionally Spent?

LVSoxFan
08-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Man, after being there last night, I am just drained. That was such a bummer. It's one thing to watch 'em lose on TV, but to be there... just makes it worse. Especially now that I've been on a streak for about over a month. The Cell is starting to not seem like the oasis it always has been, but rather a haunted house full of lots of bad memories.

Anyway, my point is--there actually is a point--there's no game tonight and I'm glad. I'm not watching a game, I'm not wearing a Sox jersey, I don't even want to think about them at all tonight, and I'm glad. The one-two punch of staying up watching that 16-inning flameout and then going there to watch them get swept has exhausted me. Today is Sox-free day. I just want to be on vacation, emotionally.

And the best news of all? I can do this until... tomorrow night, because I have a ticket to the Yankees game.

Ugh.

Anybody else feel like they need a break?

Madvora
08-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Not me, these are some of the easiest losses I've ever been able to take.
If this was 2002, 2003 or 2004 again, then I would have become a Brewers fan by now.

We're so damn far ahead and haven't even had a slump until the middle of August. That's awesome. Plus we still have an entire month and a half to play. Who cares.

LVSoxFan
08-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I'm sure I'll be right back in it tomorrow night, but this month has been brutal! Save for the Orioles sweep.

Goose
08-18-2005, 12:11 PM
And the best news of all? I can do this until... tomorrow night, because I have a ticket to the Yankees game.

Anybody else feel like they need a break?

I feel for you...I truly do. I don't want to do this, but I feel it is my duty to help a fellow Sox fan when he is hurting. Let me take those tickets from you for tomorrow night, and you just lay down and get some rest. There, does that feel better? :smile:

Tekijawa
08-18-2005, 12:33 PM
http://www.mcps.k12.md.us/schools/cabinjohnms/comp/st-prj/web/christinal/gr/oprahhug.jpg
***?

Brian26
08-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Man, after being there last night, I am just drained. .....Anybody else feel like they need a break?

Honestly, I have been feeling tired of baseball for about a week...which may seem really madening when you think that we're not players and there's no reason to feel worn out. I watch almost every game in one form or another, and we're halfway through the fifth month of the season. It has nothing to do with the losing streak....just that time of the year when you get a little bit tired I guess. You know the playoffs are going to be here in five weeks, and I'll definitely be re-charged for that. I guess it's just the dog-days syndrome.

Jerko
08-18-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm just bored right now more than anything. Hopefully the Sox don't make it TOO exciting though.

Hangar18
08-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I stayed thru the 16th inning of that awful disaster. Frustrating to see
all of those bad swings, missed signs, several bad calls and poor judgement.
I too am spent ....... and really didnt want to go to the game last nite ......
us on a losing streak, Johan Santana, Buehrle pitching BP the last few starts, Our offense on hiatus all Added up to a certain loss last nite, and it was worse :angry:

This is a well-deserved off day ............

LVSoxFan
08-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Geez you had it worse Hangar--you were at that debacle Tuesday? Ouch.

No I don't need an Oprah-like hug, thanks--LOL. However, I am about to start jumping up on the couch, if you get my drift.
Sorry Goose: it's only one ticket, although a good one. I'm glad I didn't select the Saturday game too--that'd be a 7:05 Friday game followed by a 12:15 Saturday game. Now that's over-Soxed.

silenceofthehawk
08-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Honestly, I have been feeling tired of baseball for about a week...which may seem really madening when you think that we're not players and there's no reason to feel worn out. I watch almost every game in one form or another, and we're halfway through the fifth month of the season. It has nothing to do with the losing streak....just that time of the year when you get a little bit tired I guess. You know the playoffs are going to be here in five weeks, and I'll definitely be re-charged for that. I guess it's just the dog-days syndrome.
***?:o:

jdm2662
08-18-2005, 01:13 PM
In honor of the Jerry Springer Show:

"GO TO OPRAH! GO TO OPRAH! GO TO OPRAH! GO TO OPRAH!"

TornLabrum
08-18-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm not emotionally spent more than I am physically beat following sixteen innings Tuesday night with my only stretch time being during the seventh and fourteenth innings and when the guys sitting next to me had to pass by me for potty breaks.

Actually I think it was getting home after 1:00 a.m. that was the killer since I had to be up by 7:00 yesterday. I'm still tired!

hose
08-18-2005, 01:50 PM
I had three kids about 10-12 years old with non stop chatter mixed in with high pitched screams every minute or so last night.

98% of the talk or screams had nothing to do with the game except when the loudest of the annoying little misbegottens would give out a hearty HA HA HA every time Minnesota scored followed up with an explanation how he is a Cub fan and the Sox suck.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH

Cubsuck_a_lot
08-18-2005, 02:01 PM

agreed. when you come home from work everyday and all you do is go to or turn on a baseball game, after 5 months, it can take a toll on your emotional psyche. i guess the losing streak could have a lot to do with the exhaution, but i think it's just pure exhaution from being over-baseballed. its the only sport where they play so many games, that it seems as though the season takes as much out of the fans as it does the players (obviously, the players have us fans on this one, but you get the point). either way, give it a few days and im sure we'll be back into prime form, ready for the playoffs....as long as this Streak De Losing ends ASAP.

BeviBall!
08-18-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm just bored right now more than anything. Hopefully the Sox don't make it TOO exciting though.

Ditto. I am so happy we have an off day today. I mean, a different kind of off day as compared to the last 5.

Baby Fisk
08-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Been lashing out at way too many people of late, here and elsewhere. I need to find more constructive ways to channel my rage (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55858). :redface:

LVSoxFan
08-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey regarding Cub fans coming to the games to cheer the other teams, I don't care if the kids is 10, it's time to start beating these people up.

Sorry, but I live 5 minutes from Wrigley and I wouldn't waste the time nor the effort to go to their stupid games and cheer against them. That is the definition of "loser". And I'm more than a little sick of seeing these idiots show up at the Cell to do just that.

Last night after the first homer, which was right in front of me, a group of guys started chanting "Throw it back!" People around me all shook their heads, and one woman caustically remarked "This isn't Wrigley Field!" They probably were Cub fans.

So since they've decided to waste the time and money to come to us and insult both us and our park by being obnoxious anti-Sox fans, I think it's time to start administering beatings to discourage that notion, and quick.

And if that means me going to jail because I assaulted Little Tommy, then so be it!:angry:

Tekijawa
08-18-2005, 03:25 PM
And if that means me going to jail because I assaulted Little Tommy, then so be it!:angry:

:o: wow!

rowand33
08-18-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm bummed out about the team for the first time this year; we really need to start playing better. It doesn't matter to me how many games we're up, I'm the type of fan that doesn't like to see the team lose. Hell, I won't want to see us lose after we've clinched, y'know?

Lucky for me though, I'm so pumped about moving into my apartment tomorrow that the two have balanced each other out. I'm also happy there's no game today so it won't conflict with my packing :cool: .

LVSoxFan
08-18-2005, 04:26 PM
:o: wow!

j/k dude. I can dream, though, can't I!?!?! :wink:

Tekijawa
08-18-2005, 04:29 PM
j/k dude. I can dream, though, can't I!?!?! :wink:

Hey anything for "the cause", right?

LVSoxFan
08-18-2005, 04:31 PM
I tealed it, lest the authorities be showing up at my door.

I wonder if I can wear my Sox gear in the lockup!

Tekijawa
08-18-2005, 04:39 PM
I tealed it, lest the authorities be showing up at my door.

I wonder if I can wear my Sox gear in the lockup!

I'm sure the Tribune would pay your bail in exchange for a few pictures! :D:

Domeshot17
08-18-2005, 10:55 PM
I gotta completely agree with the original post. I was there last night as well, and I dont know if anyone else sat somewhere along section 101-102 and 103 probably saw it, but There was this ******* annoying guy in a red shirt running up and down waiving his yellow Chris Rock shirt yelling go Twins. Behind me was a family from minnesota talking amongst each other saying they hope the Sox rebound and beat the Yanks for the sole purpose of the Twins climbing the standings of the Wild Card. The entire game I sat there completely frusterated, because the only real words anyone could come up was either call the dude Todd Bridges or tell him to go back to 3rd place. We have not done one damned thing that entire series warranting excitement, aside from maybe the Timo Double, which made the moments from Mon-Wed about 25 minutes. Errors and Balks and Stupid Base Running cost us this entire series. The Crowd went wild when Carl broke up the NO NO, but the feeling was gone 2 minutes later as he just stayed put and jogged into second instead of busting to 3rd.

So I know the feeling, sitting in the seat, unwilling to leave early because you dont leave in the 8th inning, but just sitting there, frusterated, just waiting for the loss. Maybe it is because we have not had to go through this much at all this season, but This isnt June, and no one in the Cell expected a comeback. We just look lifeless right now.

Ozzie either needs to find a way to get these guys to stop going through the motions or Kenny needs to go get someone who will, and will step up, and remind this team that the season does not end in August.

ChiSoxGirl
08-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I was there last night and it was just so depressing. Take a look at my sig. and you'll see not only my season record, but where my personal losing streak has climbed to. :whiner: I was more happy to see an off day today than I was all season long! I got to just relax at home without worrying about guys not getting on base and waiting around for the homerun! :tongue:

I thought that with Buehrle going yesterday, we'd have a more than decent shot at a win, despite the hitting woes. But instead, I found myself scoring yet another Sox loss. And not only was it a loss, but I took notice around the 4th or 5th inning in my scorebook that the Sox were being no-hit!!! While it would've been something historic to witness, it wouldn't have made me happy in the least.

A little note on Cub fans at the ballpark last night. I was out in 154 and around the 8th inning, these three chicks in 155, who looked to be in their early-mid 20s (had to be at least 21, as they had beers), started the damn wave! I promptly yelled, "Take that to Wrigley!" and got numerous cheers from the Sox fans around me. This one chick yelled back something about me getting into the spirit of the game. I was in the "spirit of the game..." I was watching the game intently with my scorebook! A guy a few rows behind me then yelled "Go to Wrigley!" to them, but it was to no avail. After multiple (failed) attempts at starting the wave, they finally sat down & shut up.

I just don't understand why Cub fans feel they need to infiltrate our ballpark and try to get us to adapt to their "traditions" at The Shrine! We don't want to do the wave, we're here to watch the game; we don't want to "throw it back" because we give opposing homerun baseballs to kids; and we don't go to the ballpark to get drunk, we're there to watch the game!

I feel much better after that little rant! :smile:

pczarapa
08-18-2005, 11:29 PM
I was in heaven last week after we took 2 of 3 from the Yankees, but it's been all down hill since. The thing that really scares me is that we're 17-15 since the all-star break, that's not going to cut it come post season. I can't fault the pitching, we just have no bats right now.

BainesHOF
08-19-2005, 03:54 AM
Buckle up, boys and girls. The fun is just starting.

MsSoxVixen22
08-19-2005, 08:14 AM
On the way to work this morning, I heard the song, "Taking care of business." I was thinking this needs to be the Sox's song for tonite. Hopefully they will get BACK to taking care of business. I'm with alot of you guys, I've been "drained" myself b/c of the Sox and alot of other crap going on. I have a feeling the Sox will be back at it tonite and get Garland a W. Besides, they need to be, I have a feeling the Yanks will be out for blood tonite. Let's all hope we'll have a White Sox winner tonite!

Madvora
08-19-2005, 08:31 AM
This is just like what happens to Freddy Garcia all the time. They just need to get their ass kicked for a little bit, get super pissed and come back and beat the living crap out of the league.

LVSoxFan
08-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Buckle up, boys and girls. The fun is just starting.

LOL! Ain't that just the truth. I like where your head's at!

ChiSoxGirl: don't feel bad about your record; I feel your pain. Last year I was 8-10 at the park. At one point this year I was 13-4 in attendance and feeling pretty damn good about it (my one regret, that I'll have forever, I skipped the L.A. game where A.J. hit the homer).

Now, I've dropped to 18-15. I'll be lucky if I squeak out this season over .500. Wednesday was just awful; the lowpoint of the season (except, perhaps, the Oakland series). But today's a new day. Welcome to baseball, right? That's the best part and the worst part: we can beat the Yankees, and lose to KC.

Oh well. We said a while ago that this season would be decided in August, because it's the toughest schedule. I guess on September 1st we'll know if we should panic or not.

Re: Cubs fans. I didn't see this so much last year, if at all. And that is the absolute definition of LOSER: who does that? Goes to our games to hope we lose? I guess that's what you do when your team blows.