PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Ticket Locations for Season Ticket Holders...

Taz
08-17-2005, 01:13 PM
OK... So I don't have the mega bucks to purchase a full season (or scout seats), besides, I can't go to the weekday games anyway...

So I have the Double Play Plan - Every weekend home game, too cool! I thought...

I fully understand MLB has a rule - a season ticket holder cannot have the same seat for playoffs. (At least that is what my invoice says...)

So my invoice says I get 3 ALDS games, 1 ALCS and 1 WS (Don't even get to pick which '1' game?). No option to get extra tickets...

Of course I'm confirming the tickets... But why the heck am I two sections farther away from the plate for the CS and WS games and on the other side of the ballpark for the DS games!! There can't be THAT much of a conflict of seats to be able to keep me in AT LEAST the same section!!!

Has ANYONE gotten BETTER Post-season seats?!! Is it because this is only my second year as a season ticket holder?

Just needing to vent!!!

Sad
08-17-2005, 01:30 PM
I'll sit on the roof if need be... as long as I'm there...

mr_genius
08-17-2005, 01:33 PM
I'll sit on the roof

sounds dangerous

C-Dawg
08-17-2005, 01:35 PM
So I have the Double Play Plan - Every weekend home game, too cool! I thought...

How do you like that plan, if I may hijack the thread for a bit. I try to make one weekend home game per homestand, and have considered the whole weekend package instead. Is there a discount?

Taz
08-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Please... don't misunderstand... I am glad to be able to go...

But with all the 'fan friendly' focus that has been discussed... seems the season ticket holders are getting a raw deal... :?:

Again, may just be me... :(:

Jerko
08-17-2005, 01:38 PM
I was offered all 3 games of ALDS, game 2 of ALCS, and game 2 of WS. My normal seats are in 158, my playoff seats are in 101 and 102, which I think are obstructed a little because of the fan deck. No biggie though; if I can't see I'll stand up in the concourse.

LVSoxFan
08-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I can only get UD playoff tix, even though my seats are Sec. 101, row 2.

Hell, I'd be fine with SRO tix if they offered those, because we stand the whole time anyway. But UD? Ugh. I'm sneaking down, that's all there is to it.

Taz
08-17-2005, 01:42 PM
How do you like that plan, if I may hijack the thread for a bit. I try to make one weekend home game per homestand, and have considered the whole weekend package instead. Is there a discount?

I love the plan... The only thing that kept me from getting season tickets before was the fact I couldn't go to all the games...

I have two tickets (lower box - sec114 this year) and parking... all for less than 2k...

I know the parking is discounted - My parking cost 13/game, current price at the lots is 17/game.

The printed price on the ticket is 30, I believe the plan allows me to get them at 26.

So I'm saving 12 per game (8 - 2tix, 4 - parking)... Enough for two polish and a pepsi... :cool:

C-Dawg
08-17-2005, 01:59 PM
I love the plan... The only thing that kept me from getting season tickets before was the fact I couldn't go to all the games...

I have two tickets (lower box - sec114 this year) and parking... all for less than 2k...

I know the parking is discounted - My parking cost 13/game, current price at the lots is 17/game.

The printed price on the ticket is 30, I believe the plan allows me to get them at 26.

So I'm saving 12 per game (8 - 2tix, 4 - parking)... Enough for two polish and a pepsi... :cool:

Not bad! I may have to look into it come January. :smile:

rwcescato
08-17-2005, 02:08 PM
I was offered all 3 games of ALDS, game 2 of ALCS, and game 2 of WS. My normal seats are in 158, my playoff seats are in 101 and 102, which I think are obstructed a little because of the fan deck. No biggie though; if I can't see I'll stand up in the concourse.

My season seats are in section 100 and the only obstruction is of the scoreboard. So don't worry those are good seats.
Rich

LauraJ14
08-17-2005, 02:14 PM
OK... So I don't have the mega bucks to purchase a full season (or scout seats), besides, I can't go to the weekday games anyway...

I fully understand MLB has a rule - a season ticket holder cannot have the same seat for playoffs. (At least that is what my invoice says...)

So my invoice says I get 3 ALDS games, 1 ALCS and 1 WS (Don't even get to pick the which 1 game). No option to get extra tickets...

Of course I'm confirming the tickets... But why the heck am I two sections farther away from the plate for the CS and WS games and on the other side of the ballpark for the DS games!! There can't be THAT much of a conflict of seats to be able to keep me in AT LEAST the same section!!!

Has ANYONE gotten BETTER Post-season seats?!! Is it because this is only my second year as a season ticket holder?

Just needing to vent!!!

There are different 27 game partial season ticket plans, you have the weekend, some one else will have the weekday games, so in fact there could be 2 different season ticket holders for the same seats. So some people might get those seats and some people get moved. Also I believe full season ticket holders get additional playoff seats so that's why you don't have your seats.
I also have the weekend season ticket package but up in section 538, my seats for the first round are in 524 but the other 2 rounds, the seats are in section 538 but not in my actual seats but that's fine with me. I just want to be in the ball park.

ron_j_galt
08-17-2005, 02:16 PM

This is either a newly-instituted MLB-wide rule or (more likely) one which is followed at each team's discretion. For 2003 and 2004, my playoff tickets for the other team were the same location as my seasons.

Taz
08-17-2005, 03:39 PM
There are different 27 game partial season ticket plans, you have the weekend, some one else will have the weekday games, so in fact there could be 2 different season ticket holders for the same seats. So some people might get those seats and some people get moved. Also I believe full season ticket holders get additional playoff seats so that's why you don't have your seats.
I also have the weekend season ticket package but up in section 538, my seats for the first round are in 524 but the other 2 rounds, the seats are in section 538 but not in my actual seats but that's fine with me. I just want to be in the ball park.

Actually, I was thinking about that too...

So there is a weekday person with my seats... sure... again, I have no issue with not having the same seats... It's the section move...

I'm in sec114 row 14...
for ALDS I'm in 153 row 24 <- that's the other side of the field (not that there is anything wrong with the other side of the field) and farther from the plate
for ALCS and WS I'd be in 112, row 28 and 32 respectively <- but that's farther from the plate...

Again, just venting about the rather significant moves (in my case)... I'd have no issue if I was still in sec 114 or may row...

scottjanssens
08-17-2005, 04:11 PM
I upgraded to a full plan and my seats are 531/2. My playoff seats are 535/3

BRDSR
08-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Taz, I've got the same plan you've got, weekend games, two tickets...I've had a blast, lots of fun, pretty affordable, yada yada yada...

But I'm also a little miffed at my seat location for the playoffs. My regular season seats are Section 103, Row 2. What I love about the seats is Row 2. I love not having a bunch of people in front of me and being right up as close to the action as I can be.

My playoff tickets are 158 Row 25 for ALDS, 101 Row 16 for ALCS, and 161 Row 12 for WS. Surprisingly(or maybe not so, as the 27-plans only get one game) the seats get better as the series move along, but I was a little bummed. I'm definitely going to miss not being so close.

chisoxmike
08-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Ok, poor me, I got the Ozzie Plan and had lower box seats for the plan. I dont understand why our postseason tix are in the upper deck. I dont get how they can't be moved to the outfield, or a section away from your seat locations.

Just me, but I bet you full season or 27-game plan holder will say too bad, get the full package.

steff
08-17-2005, 11:35 PM

This is either a newly-instituted MLB-wide rule or (more likely) one which is followed at each team's discretion. For 2003 and 2004, my playoff tickets for the other team were the same location as my seasons.

It depends on the park and where your tickets are. MLB has long taken seats around the dugouts and behind home plate for their use for post-season and all star games.

steff
08-17-2005, 11:37 PM
We are FULL season holders in 127 row 25.. and we are being moved. **** happens.

jabrch
08-18-2005, 01:13 AM
Ok, poor me, I got the Ozzie Plan and had lower box seats for the plan. I dont understand why our postseason tix are in the upper deck. I dont get how they can't be moved to the outfield, or a section away from your seat locations.

Just me, but I bet you full season or 27-game plan holder will say too bad, get the full package.

I have the Ozzie plan also. It doesn't bother me being in the UD. Frankly, if you add up all the Ozzies + the season ticket holders, plus the grinders and the other 27s, that would be too many people in the lowers for the first round.

I just hope my uppers are good seats.

And I have no idea how I will find ALCS or WS tickets if it comes to that. If anyone has extras....

BainesHOF
08-18-2005, 03:50 AM
My regular season seats are Section 103, Row 2. What I love about the seats is Row 2.

My playoff tickets are 158 Row 25 for ALDS, 101 Row 16 for ALCS, and 161 Row 12 for WS.

That's funny. I have a 27-game plan in Row 1 of section 161, but my playoff seats are in 103 rows 20 and 21 for the American League playoffs, and in 101 row 10 for the WS.

Taz
08-18-2005, 09:32 AM
We are FULL season holders in 127 row 25.. and we are being moved. **** happens.

But where are your post season seats?

From the posts, it appears the Sox are attempting to keep us in the same (VERY) general areas - even if that means sitting in your mirror location on the other side of the park... but looks like if you are in the 'low half' rows you are getting put in the 'upper half' rows...

Looks like they are saving the closer seats to make some bucks off the bandwagon jumpers...

*** Off Topic ***

How do you Full Season folks get to all the games? That is if you have a fulltime job? I'd love to spend the summer at the ballpark... :cool:

SoxFan78
08-18-2005, 10:10 AM

That sucks! I thought that one of the perks of being a full season ticket holder is that you get your seats for every game of the playoffs. I know I saw that in the brochure in the beginning of the year. I would defintley complain.

On another note, I still haven't received my invoice for my post season tickets.

IlliniSox
08-18-2005, 11:05 AM
On another note, I still haven't received my invoice for my post season tickets.

ME NEITHER! But I'm hesitant to bother my ticket rep when they're probably swamped right now, she could put me in the parking lot if she wanted to.

steff
08-18-2005, 11:29 AM
But where are your post season seats?

Looks like they are saving the closer seats to make some bucks off the bandwagon jumpers...

*** Off Topic ***

How do you Full Season folks get to all the games? That is if you have a fulltime job? I'd love to spend the summer at the ballpark... :cool:

Wrong... they are taken by MLB.

OT answers... Drive. We do. Prioritize.

Taz
08-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Wrong... they are taken by MLB.

Yep.. like I said... bandwagon jumpers.... :wink:

spiffie
08-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I can only get UD playoff tix, even though my seats are Sec. 101, row 2.

Hell, I'd be fine with SRO tix if they offered those, because we stand the whole time anyway. But UD? Ugh. I'm sneaking down, that's all there is to it.

I just got my invoice on Tuesday, and I'm on the weekend plan (in the same row as LVSoxFan actually), and in all the cases I am moved back a few rows and bounce from sec. to sec.
ALDS - Sec. 161 Row 12
ALCS - Sec 101 Row 16
WS - Sec 158 Row 25

ewokpelts
08-18-2005, 03:23 PM
no....given to contest winners, sponsors, vips, the mayor, bud, other owners, ect
Gene

steff
08-18-2005, 05:14 PM

No. Other MLB players, employees, (and their families), sponsors, Sox employees and owners, etc.

whitesoxwilkes
08-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Please... don't misunderstand... I am glad to be able to go...

But with all the 'fan friendly' focus that has been discussed... seems the season ticket holders are getting a raw deal... :?:

Again, may just be me... :(:

You're a PARTIAL season ticket holder. Same as me.

Therefore, you're entitled to a partial playoff package. Stop your bitching and be glad that you get to see playoff baseball at all.

Thank you.

soxwon
08-18-2005, 11:32 PM

So my invoice says I get 3 ALDS games, 1 ALCS and 1 WS (Don't even get to pick the which 1 game). No option to get extra tickets...

Just needing to vent!!!

i got upgraded
my reg seats(27 games) are in 544 just past third
for the ALDS (3games) i got sec 537 box seats right by home row 2
ALCS game 2 sec 538 row 2 box seats
WS- Game 2 sec 522 1st base side row 6
ive been a season ticket holder 3 years
they sure treated me good!!!

alohafri
08-19-2005, 10:09 AM

According to my invoice, I have my seats. But the rule, as stated above, is incorrect. It actually states, "Major League Baseball requirements prohibit the White Sox from guaranteeing season ticket holders their regular season seats; however, the White Sox hope to provide these locations to most season ticket holders."

Methinks the ones who will get screwed out of their seats the most are those who are sitting in good view of the television cameras, so the "pretty people" and closet Cub fans (aka Vince Vaughn) can get their mugs on for Fox.

alohafri
08-19-2005, 10:11 AM
No. Other MLB players, employees, (and their families), sponsors, Sox employees and owners, etc.

And whoever has a new show coming on for Fox in the fall.

IlliniSox
08-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey, its Friday. Anyone still haven't received their invoice in the mail like me?

DumpJerry
08-19-2005, 05:58 PM
I received my order form last Friday. Dropped it off Saturday. I'm an Ozzie person.

IlliniSox
08-19-2005, 06:20 PM
I received my order form last Friday. Dropped it off Saturday. I'm an Ozzie person.

Ouch. Is there a deadline on there? I need to hound my rep.

SoxFan78
08-19-2005, 06:42 PM
I just paid mine online today. I was waiting for my invoice for a week and it never came. So I called my rep and I guess there was some sort or error with some of the invoices, so a bunch got sent out yesterday.

The seats I have are

ALDS: Sec 514 Row 13 all 3 games
ALCS: Sec 533 Row 13 Game 2
WS: Sec 533 Row 13 Game 2

Taz
08-21-2005, 01:12 PM
You're a PARTIAL season ticket holder. Same as me.

Therefore, you're entitled to a partial playoff package. Stop your bitching and be glad that you get to see playoff baseball at all.

Thank you.

Like so may folks today you don't understand what you read... and have to ATTACK others due to it...

1) Yes, I am a PARTIAL season ticket holder. If you read my posts, I have no issue with the AMOUNT of tickets I am allowed. In fact that has never even come up - from me.

2) I am glad to see postseason baseball - especially on the South Side! I am just trying to get an understanding as to why MLB likes to screw the 'regular fans' all the time...

3) My posting was a venting of frustration regarding the above (2)... I thought maybe others wanted to vent too... so you need to ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK??? What a world...

IlliniSox
08-22-2005, 10:39 AM
I just paid mine online today. I was waiting for my invoice for a week and it never came. So I called my rep and I guess there was some sort or error with some of the invoices, so a bunch got sent out yesterday.

The seats I have are

ALDS: Sec 514 Row 13 all 3 games
ALCS: Sec 533 Row 13 Game 2
WS: Sec 533 Row 13 Game 2

Wild:
I'm in the same row and sections for the ALDS/CS as you. 535 for the WS.

scottjanssens
08-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Ouch. Is there a deadline on there? I need to hound my rep.

Payment must be made in full by August 29.

IlliniSox
08-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Payment must be made in full by August 29.

Got mine saturday at noon, was at the mailbox at the corner by 12:09.

Tekijawa
08-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Just faxed over my order hopefully there are some good ones left. There were some errors made in sending out some of the orderforms so if you haven't gotten yours yet be sure to let your ticket rep know.

woodenleg
08-24-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm confused here. I got my "order form" today, and it isn't an "invoice".

It says nothing about my seats. It offers me ALDS games only - 3 games at $40 / ticket, limit four. This makes no sense - is there something wrong here, or did other people get this as well.

I also received a slip - "PLEASE NOTE: the address listed on the form is incorrect". The original "form" I got asked me to send my credit card information to 3361 Paysphere Circle in Chicago. The corrected one says the form goes to the White Sox, of course.

This whole thing is weird - it's not specific and doesn't match what you guys are talking about. I've never had a season ticket plan before, so I don't know how normal this is.

I got no information whatsoever about ALCS and World Series, and those were the ones I was interested in. I just think it's weird that the address is completely wrong.

steff
08-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Wooden.. call your rep.

Johnny Mostil
08-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm confused here. I got my "order form" today, and it isn't an "invoice".

It says nothing about my seats. It offers me ALDS games only - 3 games at $40 / ticket, limit four. This makes no sense - is there something wrong here, or did other people get this as well.

I also received a slip - "PLEASE NOTE: the address listed on the form is incorrect". The original "form" I got asked me to send my credit card information to 3361 Paysphere Circle in Chicago. The corrected one says the form goes to the White Sox, of course.

This whole thing is weird - it's not specific and doesn't match what you guys are talking about. I've never had a season ticket plan before, so I don't know how normal this is.

I got no information whatsoever about ALCS and World Series, and those were the ones I was interested in. I just think it's weird that the address is completely wrong.

Do you have the Ozzie Plan? I do and got the exact same mailing. I mailed the form to the corrected address. Ozzie Plan holders do not get ALCS or World Series tickets, only an opportunity to purchase four upper seats (box or reserved) for each game of the ALDS.

woodenleg
08-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Do you have the Ozzie Plan? I do and got the exact same mailing. I mailed the form to the corrected address. Ozzie Plan holders do not get ALCS or World Series tickets, only an opportunity to purchase four upper seats (box or reserved) for each game of the ALDS.

Okay, cool - that's what I thought. But the address thing is just weird.

I'm a little nervous, since I got some bogus doctor bills earlier this year...

IlliniSox
08-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Okay, cool - that's what I thought. But the address thing is just weird.

I'm a little nervous, since I got some bogus doctor bills earlier this year...

That address thing had me confused too...Has anyone been billed yet? I've been waiting to see the charge hit my credit card bill online to make sure they got my order.

ewokpelts
08-30-2005, 04:39 PM
3361 Payspere Circle is Lasalle Bank. Lasalle handles about 90% of all sox invoice payments. I know because I work at Lasalle .

Gene

IlliniSox
08-30-2005, 04:41 PM
3361 Payspere Circle is Lasalle Bank. Lasalle handles about 90% of all sox invoice payments. I know because I work at Lasalle .

Gene

Thanks Gene,
If I sent my invoice in on 8/19, how long should I expect it to take to hit my credit card?

Thanks!

ron_j_galt
08-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Thanks Gene,
If I sent my invoice in on 8/19, how long should I expect it to take to hit my credit card?

Thanks!

I'm on the Ozzie plan. I was billed about four business days after I mailed the form.

IlliniSox
08-30-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm on the Ozzie plan. I was billed about four business days after I mailed the form.

:welcome: and thanks. I sent mine in on 8/22 and have been checking my online statement every morning since then.

ewokpelts
08-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks Gene,

Thanks!if you mailed it to the sox...i cant help you...but anything at paysphere will take 1-2 days by check, and longer by plastic(we mail those back to the sox for processing)
Gene

Steelrod
08-30-2005, 07:11 PM
If you have a 27 game plan, thats one third of the season. In theory, that same seat is used by two other people with 27 game plans. Your playoff tickets are a greater quantity that the regular season. 100% round one. 25-50% in each of the others. Sounds like not a bad deal to me!

chisoxfan83
08-30-2005, 10:48 PM
I have the 27 game weekend package. My seats are located in section 151 row cc. which are awesome seats being 3 rows off of the field.

Playoff seats as follows

divisional all 3 games sec 110 row 18
alcs game 2 sec 111 row 6
world series (please pray for this) sec 111 row 8

by the way this is my first post to this great site it beats the mlb boards hope to post many more times in the future!

ewokpelts
08-31-2005, 12:16 AM
If you have a 27 game plan, thats one third of the season. In theory, that same seat is used by two other people with 27 game plans. Your playoff tickets are a greater quantity that the regular season. 100% round one. 25-50% in each of the others. Sounds like not a bad deal to me!
they phased out one of the plans this year....
Gene

ewokpelts
08-31-2005, 12:17 AM
full season holders got extra games upstairs....lower edeck tickets went to pepsi/mlb/ect or current st holders

Gene

Steelrod
08-31-2005, 11:53 AM
they phased out one of the plans this year....
Gene
I was just trying to make a comparison that someone who has a 27 game plan gets a higher percentage of playoff tickets than their regular tickets. 5 out of 11. 42% versus 27 out of 81, 33%
BTW, my rep told me that the Sox control the first round only, with MLB taking over from that point. I have no complaints about what I got!

SoxFan78
08-31-2005, 12:06 PM
I was just trying to make a comparison that someone who has a 27 game plan gets a higher percentage of playoff tickets than their regular tickets. 5 out of 11. 42% versus 27 out of 81, 33%
BTW, my rep told me that the Sox control the first round only, with MLB taking over from that point. I have no complaints about what I got!

If that is the case, MLB gave me a better location for the last two series (533) then the White Sox gave me for the first series (514)

IlliniSox
08-31-2005, 12:49 PM
If that is the case, MLB gave me a better location for the last two series (533) then the White Sox gave me for the first series (514)

Same here. I was expected to start close to the infield for the ALDS and get pushed out farther towards the poles after each round.

Steelrod
08-31-2005, 12:58 PM

I also got better. However I would guess the MLB doesn't prioritise who gets what and they just issue them in random order. I wonder if we are in the minority, or the majority?
In either case, I can't wait!:rolleyes:

steff
08-31-2005, 01:06 PM
full season holders got extra games upstairs....lower edeck tickets went to pepsi/mlb/ect or current st holders

Gene

Not true. Lower reserved & bleachers were also offered. Orders were filled based on 1st come, 1st serve.

kevingrt
08-31-2005, 05:14 PM
I wonder how many seats they will actually be offering to the public. I mean how much of the Upper Deck do you think they have filled with season ticket requests?

IlliniSox
09-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Anyone recieve their tickets yet? Only asking because they're showing up on Ebay already.

SoxFan78
09-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Anyone recieve their tickets yet? Only asking because they're showing up on Ebay already.

I havent received mine yet, but im thinking these listings are by brokers/season ticket holders that know their seat locations and are getting a early start on selling their tickets. I cant believe the 4 upper deck seats for game one are already going for 400!!

AZChiSoxFan
09-08-2005, 01:00 PM
General question that doesn't even apply to me (since I live in AZ and am obviously not a season ticket holder). I'm just curious and am too lazy to read all the posts in this thread to find the answer: How many playoff games in each round are the Ozzie and Minnie plan holders guaranteed? I want to know so that someday when I move to Chicago, I'll know which plan I need to buy in order to be guaranteed WS tickets.

dcb33
09-08-2005, 01:11 PM
General question that doesn't even apply to me (since I live in AZ and am obviously not a season ticket holder). I'm just curious and am too lazy to read all the posts in this thread to find the answer: How many playoff games in each round are the Ozzie and Minnie plan holders guaranteed? I want to know so that someday when I move to Chicago, I'll know which plan I need to buy in order to be guaranteed WS tickets.

With the Ozzie Plan I believe you get a ticket in the UD for one ALDS game.

You get zilch with the Minnie Plan.

IlliniSox
09-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Anyone recieve their tix??? I'm asking again because I'm heading out of town until Sunday.

hose
09-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Anyone recieve their tix??? I'm asking again because I'm heading out of town until Sunday.

I got mine last week.

BRDSR
09-26-2005, 05:39 PM

Don't know how you ordered them(season tickets or on ticketmaster) but I believe all season ticket holders have recieved them.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58191 (Link)

whtsxfn
09-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Why dont they give you all the games??? or ur regular seats??? My dad has his regular seats for every game, plus he got 5 extra seats in the upper deck for every ALDS and every ALCS game. thats 10 a game, although, he only will keep most of 5, since he splits them.

petekat
09-27-2005, 02:12 PM
no discount, but playoff privileges, ticket exchanges privileges, no service fee on addl tickets. A great deal all around

IlliniSox
09-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Don't know how you ordered them(season tickets or on ticketmaster) but I believe all season ticket holders have recieved them.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58191 (http://link/)

Shoot. I'll need to call my rep, I have the weekend plan.

steff
09-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Why dont they give you all the games??? or ur regular seats??? My dad has his regular seats for every game, plus he got 5 extra seats in the upper deck for every ALDS and every ALCS game. thats 10 a game, although, he only will keep most of 5, since he splits them.

We got our regular seats for all games plus 4 extras all in the lower bowl.