PDA

View Full Version : Relax People

Bobbo35
08-17-2005, 11:45 AM
There are some people on here who need to take a chill pill. The Sox have had a semi lul in the season and now "the wheels are falling off!" Some people are acting like Cub fans and that is pathetic! This team will get it together. Just relax!!

tlebar318
08-17-2005, 11:49 AM
agreed--you can't expect us to finish 50 games over .500! We are still 31 games over with an 11-game lead. Most teams and fans would die for that at this stage of the game. We WILL come out of it! Go Sox!! :D:

PatK
08-17-2005, 11:52 AM
I agree.

It would be one thing if everyone were 100% healthy and we were playing the regulars everyday, but that's not the case.

What's sad is I see more optimism about the aforementioned Flubs than the team with the best record in the AL.

MsSoxVixen22
08-17-2005, 11:58 AM
I agree.....everyone chill the hell out! This could be alot worse and we will pull out of this. Slumps are part of baseball. They need to pull themselves up by the bootstraps and start playing like they know they can

LVSoxFan
08-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I don't think everybody's so concerned that we're doomed and the season's over because of a four-game losing streak... as much as it's clear to everybody what we're lacking now, and people want to see corrections made.

That's where I'm at, at least. On the bright side, I'd rather slump now (as long as we don't lose the division) and then bust out in September/October. Once we make it to the playoffs, none of this matters--none of it. Which is good and bad.

So I guess as long as we get there I'm happy. But conversely, playing this style of ball none of us thinks will get us through the first round of the playoffs.

kittle42
08-17-2005, 12:14 PM
So I guess as long as we get there I'm happy. But conversely, playing this style of ball none of us thinks will get us through the first round of the playoffs.

This is the issue. None of us thinks we won't get there - it's just that we've started looking at what could happen when we do.

captain54
08-17-2005, 12:14 PM
There are some people on here who need to take a chill pill. The Sox have had a semi lul in the season and now "the wheels are falling off!" Some people are acting like Cub fans and that is pathetic! This team will get it together. Just relax!!

what guarantees do you (or anyone) have that "this team will get it together?"......they have not been playing that great for a while now, since before the break, actually....a couple of plays go the Yankees way last week in NYC, and the Sox lose tonite, and we are staring at an 8 game losing streak...

if either the Twins or the Indians get hot in the next 6 weeks and the Sox continue to play like this, it could get real interesting.....to me it is conceivable that the lead could get down to 4 or 5 games in mid September....not too long ago, the Sox had a 14 or 15 game and lost 4 games off that lead....in a heartbeat....

A lot of Sox fans are as frustrated as I am, and they shouldn't be chastised for it or banned or labeled as "dark cloud".....yes, there are positives, but in baseball, anything can happen, and if the Sox end up not making the playoffs, it wouldn't be the first time a team had collapsed down the stretch and coughed it up....

tsamdog
08-17-2005, 12:17 PM
August has been a brutal month for this team. We have had few days off; we recently had to play 6 ROAD GAMES IN A ROW against the Eastern Powerhouses (in playoff contention no less) in front of packed houses. Like any fan (atic), I can, and do, get torqued over rotten play. My concern is the fact that some people think that a magic switch is going to be flipped and all will be well in the White Sox world (ie a long winning streak).

Anybody that has been around successful athletic teams knows that there is no 'magic switch.' It wasn't 'magic' that put this team 30 games over; it was solid fundamental baseball coupled with TL's balance between hitting, pitching, and defense. The Sox do not have that balance right now.....nor will it suddenly appear. Something has to change in order to refocus this team.

My gut tells me that Jr. is not going to be coming to the Southside; it's now personal with the brass in Cincinnati. Picking up Sweeney might help, but normally teams looking up the tree don't toss their biggest axe to boys on top. So, it probably is going to have to come from within.

DaleJRFan
08-17-2005, 12:25 PM
...in front of biased packed houses.

What team's home statium is un-biased??? Tropicana Field??? So in 2003, 2004... you cheered the Twins when they were in town because they were the "better" team?? :cool:

tsamdog
08-17-2005, 12:28 PM
What team's home statium is un-biased??? Tropicana Field??? So in 2003, 2004... you cheered the Twins when they were in town because they were the "better" team?? :cool:

I should have emphasized 'packed.' I think that playing in front of 50,000 plus Yankee fans is a little different that playing in Tropicana......and that Fenway is a little more 'stressful' than Coors. People here called it 'October' baseball; there's a reason.

On second thought....DJ....it is a redundancy.

It's Time
08-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Give me a break! Making the playoffs is not the question, the question is what is going to happen in the playoffs? Traditionally, the team that is the HOTTEST going into the playoffs is the team that gets the ring. This is why the wild card winner has had multiple WS championships.

The Yankees were a "given" last year to make it and they choked. The Braves won 101 games in 03 and lost in the 1st round to an 88 win ball club. The Sox are making the playoffs but the level of play needs to come way up before the post season.

Lots of time left to right the ship but as Tony Larussa said: "You never want to lose your edge because there is such a fine line between winning and losing."

Translation= Winning becomes a habit just like losing does.

Huisj
08-17-2005, 12:40 PM
I agree.

It would be one thing if everyone were 100% healthy and we were playing the regulars everyday, but that's not the case.

What's sad is I see more optimism about the aforementioned Flubs than the team with the best record in the AL.

Problem is, it doesn't look like the team will ever be 100% healthy. Ok, hopefully Podsednik comes back blazing at the top of the order again after his time off. But Hermanson's back isn't going to get much better, and Crede's back isn't going to get much better. Those are huge injuries, but they could be just enough to take the edge off their play that let them come through so clutch a number of times this year (Hermanson in saves, Crede mostly on defense but also on some big late game hits).

buehrle4cy05
08-17-2005, 12:49 PM
I tend to look at it this way:

This is the best possible time for us to hit a bad stretch. We still have a double-digit lead in the division, and it's the middle of August. This gives us a good month to correct things, and then go on a 2-week tear going into the playoffs. After all, the playoffs are usually about who's hot coming into them. If we were to be playing great baseball for the next month and then hit the playoffs with losing say 7 out of 10, we probably wouldn't go very far.

Can we stop these dark clouds already? I'll believe them if Cleveland ties us.

Sad
08-17-2005, 01:14 PM
if either the Twins or the Indians get hot in the next 6 weeks and the Sox continue to play like this, it could get real interesting.....

The Jin Jin's were looking hot there for awhile...
then Tampa Bay came to town :roflmao: :yup: :rolling:

Procol Harum
08-17-2005, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=Bobbo35]Some people are acting like Cub fans and that is pathetic! [QUOTE]

If people were acting like Cub fans, then they'd be wearing rose-colored glasses if we were pulling a Royals-like 17 in a row skid....

infohawk
08-17-2005, 01:18 PM
I think one of the best decisions the Sox have made this year was to put Podsednik on the DL. Despite what anyone might say to the contrary, Pods is a HUGE ignitor for the offense. I don't think it is a coincidence that the Sox started cooling off right after the All-Star break, which coincides with Pod's groin injury, which actually occured just prior to the break. Pods batted .190 in August and the team's struggles during the month have been well-chronicled. I think it was probably around the time of Pods injury that many on this board began asking "what happened to small-ball and situational hitting?"

Pods contribution to the offense is well-known on this board. I'm not sure if we truly appreciate what a difference-maker this guy is, though. He not only makes the players that bat behind him better because of what a distraction he is on the bases, but because he makes their jobs easier. I think this is especially true with regard to "productive" outs. If anything, the failure of Pods to get on reduces the liklihood that a subsequent out will be a "productive" out. If Pods gets on and steals second, a ground ball or fly out to the right side moves him into scoring position. Another "productive" out gets him home. In summation, when Pods gets on, he increases the chances for subsequent batters to have successful at-bats. When Pods doesn't get on and steal, everyone's job becomes that much more difficult.

Barring the acquisition of Griffey, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox offense continues to struggle until Pods returns. We shouldn't panic. That's the advantage of having a big division lead. Upon his return, though, I think the Sox will assert themselves and play solid ball through the duration of the season. I don't assume that the "Pods is important to the offense" argument is revelatory to anyone, but I think it bears repeating and appreciating.

Lip Man 1
08-17-2005, 01:18 PM
''I almost killed myself [Monday] in the game watching those guys play, a couple of guys watching in the stands said, 'Don't worry about it.' Yes I worry about it, because I want to win every game I can.''--Ozzie Guillen to the Sun-Times Doug Padilla.

Lip

miker
08-17-2005, 01:22 PM

Where's the official barometer of what constitutes unnecessary panic and what is genuine concern over our Sox's recent performance?

Here's a cliche: the season is a marathon, not a sprint. Therefore, recent evidence suggests that we've hit a wall and we're searching for our "second wind".

Since the Sox are "scufflin'" right now, both physically and mentally, I'm more interested in figuring out how we can get out of this slump. Does it really just take time? A certain player or two getting hot?

Apparently you have the answers because you are certainly throwing enough stones.

Frankly Missing
08-17-2005, 01:41 PM
RELAX?? CHILL OUT?? If I could relax when my team is losing I would be wearing blue.

miker
08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
RELAX?? CHILL OUT?? If I could relax when my team is losing I would be wearing blue.
Good point...although the technical explanation is that if you were a Cubbie fan, you would be numb and immune to such things as logic, reality and thinking for yourself.

Frankly Missing
08-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Good point...although the technical explanation is that if you were a Cubbie fan, you would be numb and immune to such things as logic, reality and thinking for yourself.

No truer words ever spoken Miker!

Dan H
08-17-2005, 01:56 PM
I seem to remember the Sox were a great shape a couple years ago, playing for the division title. They then lost five straight to the Twins and the season was over. I'll relax some when the division is clinched, not one minute before. If a team has a killer instinct, they want to put their closest oppostion away, not slowly let them back in it. I'm just happy the Indians still have a long way to go.

Clarkdog
08-17-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't think the vibe on the board is one of "our shot at the playoffs is in jeopardy." But I do think there is nagging question that if you put the four likely AL playoff teams (Red Sox, Oakland, Angels, White Sox) and asked who was the best team - the Sox would be fourth. IMO, the Indians are playing better than the Sox right now.

They are beginning to look remarkably similar to the 2000 team which were world beaters in the first half and also rans in the second.

The difference between this team and the 2000 squad is pitching. We are in a far better place with the starting staff and bullpen. But the offense is soft right now. Things will get better when Podsednik returns, but we are missing that big bat in the middle of the order (and it's not Konerko's).

Losing Thomas was big. Granted his average was off - but he hit 12 HR and had 26 RBI in only 34 games. He was a presence that made everyone in the lineup better.

That is why we need Griffey. We need that bat that provides protection for the rest of the line up. He becomes the bat you don't want to be beaten by. But then an opponent has to take their chances with the other capabale hitters in the Sox line up (Konerko, Dye, etc). If we obtain Griffey and get a healthy Podsednik, we go from being number four in the AL to one or two (IMO the Angels are the best team in the AL right now), and a legitimate WS contender. The NL is soft, and if anyone other than the Cardinals comes out - the AL wins the series hands down.

Right now we are playing towards an early exit. And frankly, after this season and the fast start - anything short of being in the WS has to be seen as complete let down.

Law11
08-17-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm not jumping off any cliffs but you have to be closing your eyes not to see how lousy we have been plaing since the AS break. With the exception of the Cleveland series and yankee series we havent gotten clicking in over a month. My enthusism for this team from where it was in June has dropped off because winning the division aint good enough. And getting knocked around in the 1st round after such a great season would just leave this as another empty season. I've been reading for weeks now how we just need to get it going... Well its mid August... Its time to wake up...

TornLabrum
08-17-2005, 02:26 PM

On the other hand to be overwrought when your team is leading by 11 games on August 17 is...what?

slavko
08-17-2005, 02:32 PM
I had this same feeling in the last half of 2000...that turned out OK insofar as getting to post-season. The arrow does appear to be pointing down, however.

soxjim
08-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Just had lunch with a fellow SOX fan before he leaves for tonights game. He told me to take a chill pill. Thinks putting Pods on DL is the right thing to do. Also thinks as long as the SOX stride from Sept. on all will be good.

BigEdWalsh
08-17-2005, 02:39 PM
This s*** never ceases to amaze me. If anyone is acting like f***in Cub fans it's you guys who are so confident that going to the World Series is all wrapped up. Quit acting like everything is peachy and keen. Losing is not cute and the Sox have been doing a lot of losing lately. There is good reason for a little concern. I'm not saying the f***in' sky is falling I just want to see a little more winning and a lot more offense (and no more Jon Adkins).

Complaining is what Sox fans do. Sitting back and thinking all is well and the Sox will just coast into the playoffs and (gasp) the World Series is Cub fan-thinking.

skottyj242
08-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Oh man am I disappointed, I thought this thread was about Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

soxjim
08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
This s*** never ceases to amaze me. If anyone is acting like f***in Cub fans it's you guys who are so confident that going to the World Series is all wrapped up. Quit acting like everything is peachy and keen. Losing is not cute and the Sox have been doing a lot of losing lately. There is good reason for a little concern. I'm not saying the f***in' sky is falling I just want to see a little more winning and a lot more offense (and no more Jon Adkins).

Complaining is what Sox fans do. Sitting back and thinking all is well and the Sox will just coast into the playoffs and (gasp) the World Series is Cub fan-thinking.

I sounded like your post at lunch with my friend. The truth is I'm not satisfied yet. I want to see a winning streak and some fundamentally sound baseball.

Frankly Missing
08-17-2005, 03:03 PM
On the other hand to be overwrought when your team is leading by 11 games on August 17 is...what?

Who's overwrought? Im having too much fun reviling in every win and wringing my hands with every loss.

I break out in a little sweat when things are going poorly, because I care about the future as much as the past and present standings.

Yes, I think we are in great shape. Yes, I think the division is ours, but I cant just shrug my shoulders when we are having problems.

We knew this would be a rough stretch in the best of circumstances. and injuries have not made it any easier. A seaon with NO stretch of losing would be an abberation for any team, any year.

So one fan to another, you can relax, chill out, handle the season your way.

I'll be here, jumping for joy when we win, and fretting some when we lose 4 in a row.

GO SOX!

pythons007
08-17-2005, 03:08 PM
what guarantees do you (or anyone) have that "this team will get it together?"......they have not been playing that great for a while now, since before the break, actually....a couple of plays go the Yankees way last week in NYC, and the Sox lose tonite, and we are staring at an 8 game losing streak...

if either the Twins or the Indians get hot in the next 6 weeks and the Sox continue to play like this, it could get real interesting.....to me it is conceivable that the lead could get down to 4 or 5 games in mid September....not too long ago, the Sox had a 14 or 15 game and lost 4 games off that lead....in a heartbeat....

A lot of Sox fans are as frustrated as I am, and they shouldn't be chastised for it or banned or labeled as "dark cloud".....yes, there are positives, but in baseball, anything can happen, and if the Sox end up not making the playoffs, it wouldn't be the first time a team had collapsed down the stretch and coughed it up....

Geez!!! Calm down, you're talking about games they already won. We've been slumping, but every team in baseball goes into some kinda funk! You can't win 162 games. Everytime I come on here, I always can count on so many to loose their heads saying the season is over after a losing streak.

Sorry guys, baseball is based on streaks....winning and losing. I would find it very hard to believe that the Sox find themselves barely winning the division. We still have the best record in baseball. So everyone take a couple deep breaths and cheer on our playoff team!!

cheeses_h_rice
08-17-2005, 03:12 PM
not too long ago, the Sox had a 14 or 15 game and lost 4 games off that lead....in a heartbeat....

The Sox's biggest lead on the Indians has been 13 games. Now it's 11. That's a drop of 2 games.

In their last 17 games, the Indians have won 12 of them (.706 winning %).

In their last 17 games, the White Sox have won 9 of them (.529 %).

You think you might be panicking just a bit over a 2-game drop in the divisional lead?

Falstaff
08-17-2005, 03:15 PM
To end this skid: Seems the guys are just kind of tired and tense. What they need to do is get a keg in the clubhouse for after the game, then when everybody is cleaned up and primed, pile into a couple stretch limos and
party like Harry Caray on Rush Street. Some good ol debauchery and comaradery is what these guys need. Then go into the next game drooling and see what the opponent thinks.:dtroll:

BeviBall!
08-17-2005, 03:15 PM
The Sox's biggest lead on the Indians has been 13 games. Now it's 11. That's a drop of 2 games.

That's not true... at one point we were 16 or 17 up on them and 15 up on Minnesota. This said, however, the Sox would realistically have to lose the next 16 of 20 to give any hope to Cleveland or Minny.

cheeses_h_rice
08-17-2005, 03:19 PM
That's not true... at one point we were 16 or 17 up on them and 15 up on Minnesota. This said, however, the Sox would realistically have to lose the next 16 of 20 to give any hope to Cleveland or Minny.

What I meant was our biggest lead on the second place team; I don't recall us being up 15 on the Twins when they were in second, though.

[edit: OK, I was wrong. We were up by 15 on the Indians on August 1. :redface: ]

Irishsox1
08-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Normally, I'm very relaxed about this team. But, without Scott Podesednik leading off and stealing bases, this team isn't that good. Thank God the Sox have this huge lead, because the Twins are going to put a major push on the Sox but the Sox need to win some games against them. The Twins play the Sox 11 more times this year and the Twins play the Indians 6 more times. Right now, the Twins could easily pass the Indians and Sox and win the division with the Sox missing the wild card.

As for the Sox, I guess we can officially write off Uribe for the rest of the year. His confidence should be absolutly nothing after being depants TWICE by Guardenhire.

cheeses_h_rice
08-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Right now, the Twins could easily pass the Indians and Sox and win the division with the Sox missing the wild card.

:?:

You mean the same Minnesota Twins who are barely above .500, right?

You mean the same Minnesota Twins who just lost their biggest offensive threat to injury for the remainder of the season, right?

pythons007
08-17-2005, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=Irishsox1] Right now, the Twins could easily pass the Indians and Sox and win the division with the Sox missing the wild card.QUOTE]

Give me a break!! The Twins aren't easily going to pass us by. We play them 11 more times, fine, but I DOUBT that they will sweep us 11 times in a row and win out the rest of their games. Come on guys!!! We're up 11 games, which is plenty....we would really have to go into some kinda funk to end up out of the WILD CARD. Does anyone have any confidence in this team at all????

BeviBall!
08-17-2005, 03:43 PM
With the way the season has gone, every time we approach "only" being 10 games up, we rattle off a few wins and are back up by 13 in no time.

The most disturbing aspect of this skid is the play at home. We have to figure out a way to win here.

infohawk
08-17-2005, 04:59 PM
For what it's worth, has anyone noticed that the "red hot" Oakland A's have lost three consecutive games and are only 5-5 in their last ten games? My point is that all hot teams cool off a bit eventually.

Sxy Mofo
08-17-2005, 05:06 PM

I liked this post. A couple breaks go against the sox and they're staring at an 8 game losing streak. Yea... well, a couple breaks go the other way in some losses and everything is wonderful in sox land.

The bottom line? This team plays close games, and little things will determine the outcome of the game, either way. That's why it's so important this team doesn't make errors/stupid mental mistakes, which they've been doing a fair amount lately.

As long as the sox make it to the playoffs, I'm doing alright, they could be slumping the last half the season (i.e. .500 ball) and turn it on the post-season... they could be playing lights out in september and lose it in the post season. And the opposite holds true. They could play well in september and it could carry over, or they could be playing bad and it could carry over.

BeviBall!
08-17-2005, 05:31 PM
As long as the sox make it to the playoffs, I'm doing alright, they could be slumping the last half the season (i.e. .500 ball) and turn it on the post-season... they could be playing lights out in september and lose it in the post season. And the opposite holds true. They could play well in september and it could carry over, or they could be playing bad and it could carry over.

I reserve judgement and excessive panicking until we are healthy. Hopefully that is 9/1/05.

Walkman
08-17-2005, 06:29 PM
As long as the pitching stays sharp and the people are healthy in October, I am not worrying.

RallyBowl
08-17-2005, 06:37 PM
As long as the pitching stays sharp and the people are healthy in October, I am not worrying.
Ah, a voice of reason. Thank you for calming me down with your cool controlled rational. The last time I checked, pitching is the most important thing, and our pitching has been some of the best all year, and will hopefully continue to be well into October.

What's that, Mr. Dickcloud? Our closer blew a save last night? OMG, quick, get jenks or damaso or koch in there before the twins catch us!

starboy0
08-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Our magic number is 34. Cleveland's magic number is 56, Minnesota's is 58.

RallyBowl
08-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Our magic number is 34. Cleveland's magic number is 56, Minnesota's is 58.
Kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

buehrle4cy05
08-17-2005, 09:15 PM
People don't seem to get it. There's better than a 90% chance that we are going to the playoffs. That leaves us 1 1/2 months to correct any problems we are having now.

DMarte708
08-17-2005, 10:10 PM
So, after watching today's pathetic display of offense is anyone willing to question our offense? Or do those concerned still have to hear "DARKCLOUDS!!" crap about our record and division lead.

mr_genius
08-17-2005, 10:21 PM
So, after watching today's pathetic display of offense is anyone willing to question our offense? Or do those concerned still have to hear "DARKCLOUDS!!" crap about our record and division lead.

stop being such a dark cloud, just stop

sids02
08-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Even though the offense has been disappointing recently, I think we have a little leeway at this point. And with this pitching staff, even with Mark B. not pitching as well recently as we know he can, there's no doubt in my mind we can go far in the playoffs. That doesn't mean I wouldn't mind another big bat...

And as a new poster but long time lurker, I'll be short with this. Honestly though, did anyone think we'd get through the entire season without a rough patch here and there? Four game losing streak, probably five in a few minutes....so what? We have had the best record in the majors for a long time for a reason...because this is a very good team. You don't get this far with 74 wins unless there's a lot of talent...smoke and mirrors can only go so far...

alohafri
08-17-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm hiding upstairs on the 'puter cuz Mr. Aloha is on a huge rant downstairs watching this awful game.

In 2000 we cruised into the playoffs while many of us begged for some pitching.
5 years later, we're begging for hitting. It's beginning to look like 3 & out all over again--and not just becuz of the recent woes--we've been one of the lowest run-producing teams all season. And that scares me going into the playoffs where the pitching will be under extreme pressure knowing that we have virtually no big bats.
Does anyone know ONE Sox fan who was around the last time the Sox won the WS? Until I see the day the Sox win the WS, I reserve the right to be a pessimistic, whining "Dark Cloud".

That reminds me of a T-shirt I saw a Red Sawks fan wearing in Boston last weekend--it said "We won the WS--now I can die in peace"

---Mrs. Aloha

kitekrazy
08-17-2005, 10:36 PM
When the Sox lost their very first game ruined it for me. I had hopes of a 162-0 perfect season. It's all down hill now.

greenpeach
08-17-2005, 11:44 PM
People don't seem to get it. There's better than a 90% chance that we are going to the playoffs. That leaves us 1 1/2 months to correct any problems we are having now.

I'm not too sure how you "correct" the problems. We are going through the toughest part of our schedule with a team that is plagued by injuries to key members. Unless KW pulls a waiver wire deal for Junior or some other veteran bat & possibly a closer we're going to struggle down the stretch. I'm not looking for dark clouds, just looking at the situation honestly.

Dick Allen
08-18-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm hiding upstairs on the 'puter cuz Mr. Aloha is on a huge rant downstairs watching this awful game.

In 2000 we cruised into the playoffs while many of us begged for some pitching.
5 years later, we're begging for hitting. It's beginning to look like 3 & out all over again--and not just becuz of the recent woes--we've been one of the lowest run-producing teams all season. And that scares me going into the playoffs where the pitching will be under extreme pressure knowing that we have virtually no big bats.
Does anyone know ONE Sox fan who was around the last time the Sox won the WS? Until I see the day the Sox win the WS, I reserve the right to be a pessimistic, whining "Dark Cloud".

That reminds me of a T-shirt I saw a Red Sawks fan wearing in Boston last weekend--it said "We won the WS--now I can die in peace"

---Mrs. AlohaWhat she said.

PaulDrake
08-18-2005, 10:52 AM
What she said. Me three. Hopefully she'll get a better reception than some of us have for saying essentially the same thing. This browbeating recently at WSI of Sox fans who don't like what they see lately has made me just a tad angry.