PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Cubs fans at our park

twsoxfan5
08-17-2005, 09:29 AM
My sister and I have a ticket package and I was not able to go last night, which I am not all that sad about now. Anyways when I was at the White/Red Sox game there was a women who I was yelling at just b/c she was an annoying Boston fan, or so I thought. Well you can read the email my sister sent me below, my main point is-Cubs fans stay out of our park.

Are you glad you weren't at the game last night?

Funny thing - do you remember that annoying fat woman from the Red Sox game in the Red Sox t-shirt? You were getting upset with her cause she kept standing up. Well, she was sitting two rows in front of me again last night. This time she was wearing a Twins t-shirt and loudly rooting for them. It was then that I realized that she had on a cubbie "believe" bracelet. She must have a ticket package because this is the second time she's sat near me. Who does that? Who buys a ticket package for a team that they don't like and comes solely to root for their opponents? What a dummy.

zach23
08-17-2005, 09:35 AM
My sister and I have a ticket package and I was not able to go last night, which I am not all that sad about now. Anyways when I was at the White/Red Sox game there was a women who I was yelling at just b/c she was an annoying Boston fan, or so I thought. Well you can read the email my sister sent me below, my main point is-Cubs fans stay out of our park.

Are you glad you weren't at the game last night?

Funny thing - do you remember that annoying fat woman from the Red Sox game in the Red Sox t-shirt? You were getting upset with her cause she kept standing up. Well, she was sitting two rows in front of me again last night. This time she was wearing a Twins t-shirt and loudly rooting for them. It was then that I realized that she had on a cubbie "believe" bracelet. She must have a ticket package because this is the second time she's sat near me. Who does that? Who buys a ticket package for a team that they don't like and comes solely to root for their opponents? What a dummy.

Yep, the place is usually infested with quite a few. Most bought ticket plans just so they could get the Sox-Cubs games and so they show up to some of the other games as well and root for the other team. I have also noticed that the better the cubs are doing, the more of them infest the park.

By the way, this thread should be headed to What's the Score any minute now.

A_ROW33
08-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Who buys a ticket package for a team that they don't like and comes solely to root for their opponents? What a dummy.

People who
A. are Stupid
and B. Don't have a Legit team to root for

Baby Fisk
08-17-2005, 09:40 AM
These must be very loving and positive people, the sort of people you want in your life.

zach23
08-17-2005, 09:49 AM
But remember what the mediots tell us, the Cub fans don't care about the Sox at all. They must be showing up in large numbers at the Cell to root for the other team because they are so upset by all the "Cubs Suck" shirts for sale outside.

ktssox
08-17-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm the sister. I did a doubletake when I saw the woman because I distinctly remember her from the Red Sox game. The thing I found most annoying was, not only did she purchase a ticket package, she is now purchasing t-shirts for each of the opposing teams. I could actually see the creases where her crisp new shirt had been folded.

Jerko
08-17-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm the sister. I did a doubletake when I saw the woman because I distinctly remember her from the Red Sox game. The thing I found most annoying was, not only did she purchase a ticket package, she is now purchasing t-shirts for each of the opposing teams. I could actually see the creases where her crisp new shirt had been folded.

Does she openly cause trouble or is she just loud and obnoxious, or in other words, a typical cub fan? The reason I ask is if she's there all the time and is a known troublemaker, can't she get the boot from security if she is purposely aggravating people? Maybe a few "accidental" beer spills on her brand new t-shirts will do the trick. Then again, why waste beer on the bimbo? I guess we're stuck with her.

ktssox
08-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Does she openly cause trouble or is she just loud and obnoxious, or in other words, a typical cub fan? The reason I ask is if she's there all the time and is a known troublemaker, can't she get the boot from security if she is purposely aggravating people? Maybe a few "accidental" beer spills on her brand new t-shirts will do the trick. Then again, why waste beer on the bimbo? I guess we're stuck with her.

She doesn't openly cause trouble, although she does stand up a lot for seemingly no reason, which is why we noticed her in the first place. She is just one of those loud clappers who turn and give you one of those smiles when her favorite team scores.

Tekijawa
08-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Did she pee anywhere where she wasn't supposed to? Did she actually watch the game or just talk on her cell phone? Did she leave after the 7th inning? These are all easy ways to spot a Cubs fan.

PatK
08-17-2005, 11:12 AM
That lady should be shot (or at least sterilized) to prevent her from breeding.

I don't get the point of buying tickets to a team you don't like. If you dislike the Sox that much, why buy a ticket?

Dick Allen
08-17-2005, 11:24 AM
She doesn't openly cause trouble, although she does stand up a lot for seemingly no reason, which is why we noticed her in the first place. She is just one of those loud clappers who turn and give you one of those smiles when her favorite team scores.I've mentioned this in other threads. Especially if she is constantly standing up, have the usher check her ticket to see if she is where she is supposed to be. Even if she is, it's fun to see her and other Cub fans get hassled. Maybe they'll throw her out if she keeps standing up for no reason.

rwcescato
08-17-2005, 11:34 AM
She doesn't openly cause trouble, although she does stand up a lot for seemingly no reason, which is why we noticed her in the first place. She is just one of those loud clappers who turn and give you one of those smiles when her favorite team scores.

The next time you see her ask the flubbi fan where she gets the money for all of the new t-shirts she buys.

Hangar18
08-17-2005, 11:39 AM

Let her keep coming here and spending her money.
That is pretty peculiar, I too spotted a ton of Cub fans wearing Twin stuff
and I got to thinking ................Why do they love coming to our park so much?
Ive seen a lot of them, and a few quietly just watch the game .....in full cub-garb no less. The majority of them whoop it up, watching the out of town scoreboard, etc. Weird.

And according to the Media, Cub fans dont care about the SOX. right.

Baby Fisk
08-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Just wondering: do they come to USCF because they can't get tix to Wrigley? :?:

miker
08-17-2005, 12:36 PM
The thing I found most annoying was, not only did she purchase a ticket package, she is now purchasing t-shirts for each of the opposing teams. I could actually see the creases where her crisp new shirt had been folded.
This woman needs some "major league" help!

Shorty1983
08-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Cub fans are at our ballpark because of the U.S celluar promotion. You sign up and get 2 free tickets to anygame.

jackbrohamer
08-17-2005, 12:45 PM
although she does stand up a lot for seemingly no reason

That alone is enough to ID her as a Cub Fan. Like tracking an animal by following its droppings.

C-Dawg
08-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Yep, the place is usually infested with quite a few. Most bought ticket plans just so they could get the Sox-Cubs games and so they show up to some of the other games as well and root for the other team.

That would be my theorey also. She kept the Cubs and Red Sox games, but the Twins and no doubt several others were the ones she wasn't able to dump on Ebay (don't laugh - I know one Cub fan who bought a 13-game plan and then just dumped the other 12 on Ebay).

chitownhawkfan
08-17-2005, 01:31 PM

They cant get them or they cant afford to pay the scalpers prices charged by the Cubune. Either way, keep yo fat ass on the north side.

kittle42
08-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Cub fans are at our ballpark because of the U.S celluar promotion. You sign up and get 2 free tickets to anygame.

I highly doubt this is the reason.

itsnotrequired
08-17-2005, 02:20 PM
I highly doubt this is the reason.

Are you nuts? I just signed up for 10 accounts with US Cellular just to go boo the Sox. It is totally worth it, dude!

bigfoot
08-17-2005, 06:12 PM

Beer won't leave as good a stain as coffee(steamin' hot, of course) or that red juice in the shaved ice!
Save the beer! :tongue:

LongLiveFisk
08-17-2005, 06:42 PM

I think this is a huge reason why they show up at USCF...if you can't get in to see a game at your own park and cheer for your team, why not be an obnoxious pain in the ass and go to the other side of town to root against that team and make yourself look like a complete idiot?

DumpJerry
08-17-2005, 11:51 PM
I was at tonight's game (:angry: ). There was girl cheering her head off for the Twins. What was messed up about her? She was wearing a White Sox shirt! I coulda killed her.

Dan H
08-18-2005, 09:18 AM
The best thing to do with these people is ignore them as much as possible. If they see their nonsense is not bothering people, they will go away. Or at least go away frustrated.

Jerko
08-18-2005, 09:23 AM
I think this is a huge reason why they show up at USCF...if you can't get in to see a game at your own park and cheer for your team, why not be an obnoxious pain in the ass and go to the other side of town to root against that team and make yourself look like a complete idiot?

Seeing that the Cubs and Sox RARELY play home dates at the same time, why the hell don't Cub fans just go to their little bars and watch THE CUBS! If I could not get tickets to the Cell, I would not go to Wrigley and root for the Mets or whoever, I'd watch the Sox game! That's the part that befuddles me. And we care more about them than they do us? Puh-leeze. :rolleyes:

BainesHOF
08-18-2005, 11:57 AM
There's been LOTS of obnoxious Cubs fans wearing Cubs clothes sitting in the bleachers the last two years. What I find particularly strange is they show up when the Cubs are playing at the same time. Why wouldn't you want to watch your team?

Jags, all of them.

ChiSoxRowand
08-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Last night during the top of the first inning you could see a guy with a "white sux" t-shirt on the first base side talking on his cell. What a jackass. He could have been a twins fan, but it's a 90% chance he's a cub fan.

LongLiveFisk
08-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Last night during the top of the first inning you could see a guy with a "white sux" t-shirt on the first base side talking on his cell. What a jackass. He could have been a twins fan, but it's a 90% chance he's a cub fan.

Wearing that in our ballpark I'd have no sympathy for the guy if he got his ass severly kicked.

Cat Thief
08-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Wearing that in our ballpark I'd have no sympathy for the guy if he got his ass severly kicked.

Back in the day that would have been the case. Things have definitely changed.

Stroker Ace
08-18-2005, 05:50 PM
That lady should be shot (or at least sterilized) to prevent her from breeding.

I don't get the point of buying tickets to a team you don't like. If you dislike the Sox that much, why buy a ticket?Hopefully the first.:D:

kittle42
08-18-2005, 06:09 PM

Yes, wearing a certain shirt is definitely reason to condone severe ass-kicking.

kittle42
08-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Back in the day that would have been the case. Things have definitely changed.

For the better.

I mean really, if one's ego/belief system/whatever is so fragile that one cannot take another person wearing a short with an opinion on it, that person needs some help.

MarySwiss
08-18-2005, 06:32 PM
For the better.

I mean really, if one's ego/belief system/whatever is so fragile that one cannot take another person wearing a short with an opinion on it, that person needs some help.

What part of "totally biased and completely unobjective" do you have a problem with?

CatThief and LongLiveFisk did not say they would personally inflict mayhem on these losers, they said they would not be sympathetic toward them if they were--ahem!--mayhemmed.

They are VENTING. And quite eloquently, IMHO. The literary device they used is hyperbole, a noun meaning "extravagant exaggeration."

Now, back in the early '70s, when my brother and I used to go to the game and harass the batboy, we totally meant it!

kittle42
08-18-2005, 06:46 PM
What part of "totally biased and completely unobjective" do you have a problem with?

None.

CatThief and LongLiveFisk did not say they would personally inflict mayhem on these losers, they said they would not be sympathetic toward them if they were--ahem!--mayhemmed.

I didn't mean to imply that they would. My comments were more directed toward the persons who would inflict the mayhem.

I'll say this at the risk of getting flamed, though I'll remove it to a more neutral context - if I knew someone who went to Wrigley dressed in a Cardinals shirt when the Cubs were not playing the Cards, and that person got roughed up a little by the idiotic patrons at or near the Urinal, my response would not be something along the lines of "that's what you should expect if you wear something like that." It would be "those Cub fans are &#%!$#@ morons."

MarySwiss
08-18-2005, 06:56 PM
None.

I didn't mean to imply that they would. My comments were more directed toward the persons who would inflict the mayhem.

I'll say this at the risk of getting flamed, though I'll remove it to a more neutral context - if I knew someone who went to Wrigley dressed in a Cardinals shirt when the Cubs were not playing the Cards, and that person got roughed up a little by the idiotic patrons at or near the Urinal, my response would not be something along the lines of "that's what you should expect if you wear something like that." It would be "those Cub fans are &#%!$#@ morons."

Noble, but not exactly parallel. LongLive Fisk and CatThief were referring to someone wearing a "white sux" T-shirt at a Sox game, not a Cards T-Shirt at a Cubs game when the Cubs were not playing the Cards.

And, again IMO, someone who wears a Cards T-Shirt to a Cubs game when the Cubs are not playing the Cards is an idiot. But someone who wears a "white sux" T-Shirt to a Sox home game gives a whole new meaning to the term.

LongLiveFisk
08-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Sorry about my comment, but it ticks me off when people blatantly act like this at USCF. If you wear Cubs gear at our park AND act like an ass, don't expect to be treated nicely is what I'm basically saying. If I wore a Sox shirt at the Urinal and was yelling "Cubs suck!" I would think I was asking for a butt-whupping.

In other words, it's never a good idea to provoke anybody who may very likely be liquored up at the ballpark. They aren't exactly thinking rationally. :tongue: