PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Urinal tonight

cheeses_h_rice
08-16-2005, 04:08 PM
No, not to see a game -- that'd be kinda hard, since the Flubs are in Houston -- but as part of a tour thing that the Flubs do for their season ticket holders, and a quasi member of the family had extras and invited a few of us Sox fans. We'll be able to sit in the dugouts and walk on the field, and possibly meet an ex-Cub like Ernie Banks.

Thanks to the ESPN article on Bartman, I know the exact seat Bartman sat in, so I plan on taking some photos of that, but I'm wondering what other fabled Wrigley things should I do/touch/photograph?

And no, don't ask me to bring a bottle of Round-Up...

:)

LongLiveFisk
08-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Well I don't know if I'd touch anything if I were you..:tongue:

But you might want to take photos of the clubhouse if you get back there. I'd like to see how cramped those things supposedly are!

Ol' No. 2
08-16-2005, 04:11 PM
No, not to see a game -- that'd be kinda hard, since the Flubs are in Houston -- but as part of a tour thing that the Flubs do for their season ticket holders, and a quasi member of the family had extras and invited a few of us Sox fans. We'll be able to sit in the dugouts and walk on the field, and possibly meet an ex-Cub like Ernie Banks.

Thanks to the ESPN article on Bartman, I know the exact seat Bartman sat in, so I plan on taking some photos of that, but I'm wondering what other fabled Wrigley things should I do/touch/photograph?

And no, don't ask me to bring a bottle of Round-Up...

:)Souvenir concrete chunks? Eau de Urine cologne?

mr_genius
08-16-2005, 04:14 PM
see if they'll let you have that "W" flag

they obviously don't need it

Baby Fisk
08-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Questions to ask during the tour:

1) "So, we can wizz freely anywhere in the park, right?"

2) "When do playoff tickets go on sale?"

3) "I am capable of thinking for myself. Does this disqualify me from being a Cubs fan?"

4) "When will this decrepit hole be torn down?"

5) "How can you people live with yourselves?"

anyone else???

cheeses_h_rice
08-16-2005, 04:15 PM

:thumbsup:

cheeses_h_rice
08-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Well I don't know if I'd touch anything if I were you..:tongue:

But you might want to take photos of the clubhouse if you get back there. I'd like to see how cramped those things supposedly are!

I don't think we'll get to go back there, but yeah, that's something I would love to see for myself.

hose
08-16-2005, 04:21 PM
If you get into the clubhouse turn the Sox game on.:bandance:

mr_genius
08-16-2005, 04:22 PM
If you get into the clubhouse turn the Sox game on.:bandance:

hahahahaha

jackbrohamer
08-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Any artifacts from when the Bears played there?

Goose
08-16-2005, 04:37 PM
See if you can take a quick "deuce" in Right Field...as a little homage to Shammy. Oh, and a picture of that would be great, thanks.

maurice
08-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Search for "lost" baseballs in the OF vines.
Recite Lee Elia's speech from the manager's office.
Reenact Valentin's Sosa impersonation in the visiting dugout.
Visit the spot where Randy Myers was assaulted by cub fans.
Visit the spot where Chad Kreuter was assaulted by cub fans.
Pee on your hands in the clubhouse shower in honor or Alou and Wood.

DumpJerry
08-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Ok. This is what I tell out of town guests who want to go there after informing them I will meet them after the game since I cannot go to the game because, well, just because.

I tell them after the game go straight to their hotel room. Strip naked. Take a hot, hot shower with a bar of laundry soap, the rough kind that will exfoliate the skin like none other. We're talking removing a layer or two of skin. Burn all clothing you wore at the game. Including socks and underwear. Burn the ashes. Place the ashes in a sealed urn and bury the urn in a remote mountain nowhere near the water table and register the site with the EPA. Then meet me for drinks and dinner.

I suggest you do the same. It is the only way to prevent contamination.

Rocky Soprano
08-16-2005, 04:49 PM

Post Of The Week!

:D:

Foulke You
08-16-2005, 05:23 PM
According to the White Sox Encyclopedia by Rich Lindberg, at some point after 1990, a couple Sox fans cemented a brick from Old Comiskey Park into Wrigley Field's exterior wall that faces Waveland and Sheffield. You should ask your tour guide if they know that little bit of trivia. I doubt they will. They probably also won't know that the same architect who designed Wrigley Field also designed Old Comiskey Park.

I'd be curious for an update on how the tour went. I'm figuring the tour guides are just shills for the Cubs and do everything they can to bend the truth to show the Cubs in a positive light. "Harry Caray invented the 7th inning stretch tradition right here at Wrigley Field!"

jackbrohamer
08-16-2005, 06:14 PM
According to the White Sox Encyclopedia by Rich Lindberg, at some point after 1990, a couple Sox fans cemented a brick from Old Comiskey Park into Wrigley Field's exterior wall that faces Waveland and Sheffield.

Someone should rescue that brick.

chisoxfan64
08-16-2005, 06:17 PM

It`s too late, 15 years of urine soaked into it.:(:

RallyBowl
08-16-2005, 06:23 PM

3) "I am capable of thinking for myself. Does this disqualify me from being a Cubs fan?"

anyone else???
Awesome post, man

halfpricemonday
08-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Say hi to Trixie and Chad for me. Actually, they probably won't understand you unless you talk very slowly, so just yell "WOOOOOOO!! CUBBIES!!!".

TomBradley72
08-16-2005, 06:59 PM
What a waste of time...a night touring Wrigley Field...ask 'em if you can see the romm where Brick received his "steamers".

cheeses_h_rice
08-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Actually, it wasn't a tour, just a party with free food/drinks for companies that buy skyboxes there, and they let everyone wander around the entire field except for the ivy parts of the outfield walls. My favorite parts were sitting in the dugouts and seeing how bashed in the water fountains were, imitating Sham-ME*'s kissyfingers acts to the cameras in the dugout, and...sitting in the Bartman Seat. See below.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/719/img51234wk.jpg

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9710/img51224gv.jpg

HotelWhiteSox
08-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Read the post too late, but I would've said to wear a hard hat

And moon the rooftop people. They're probably out there and watching anyways, even if the Flubs are on the road, they don't know what's going on either way

Nellie_Fox
08-17-2005, 12:37 AM
If I somehow ended up inside Wrigley, when I got home I'd probably have to shower with steel wool until I was bleeding and the hot water was gone.

The I'd lay curled up in the fetal position and sob uncontrollably. That's just how dirty I'd feel.

Chips
08-17-2005, 01:46 AM
my banker just went on one of those tours last week or so, and she showed me a thousand pictures of everything. Everything looked so old and uncomfortable and useless.

skobabe8
08-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Did they really put that sticker on the bartman seat to mark it???????

Nellie_Fox
08-17-2005, 02:56 AM
Did they really put that sticker on the bartman seat to mark it???????Probably another attempt to "break the curse."

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-17-2005, 07:12 AM
Probably another attempt to "break the curse."

Next year, they'll have a meal made up of baseball sauce spaghetti with goat patties and a side order of Bartman ass plastic, steamed with an alfredo sauce.

"If we can't break all these curses, we might as well eat them."

chisoxfan64
08-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Next year, they'll have a meal made up of baseball sauce spaghetti with goat patties and a side order of Bartman ass plastic, steamed with an alfredo sauce.

"If we can't break all these curses, we might as well eat them."

And to wash it all down, they are going to start serving lemonade with little hand shaped ice cubes and call it the Alou.:cool:

cheeses_h_rice
08-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Did they really put that sticker on the bartman seat to mark it???????

I'm guessing it was a fan that put that there. You know, to show "Cubs pride" and stuff...

Chrisaway
08-17-2005, 10:54 AM
I dont think I'd set foot in that place without a radiation suit.

PatK
08-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Read the post too late, but I would've said to wear a hard hat

And moon the rooftop people. They're probably out there and watching anyways, even if the Flubs are on the road, they don't know what's going on either way

*****!!!

miker
08-17-2005, 12:52 PM
:rolling:

slavko
08-17-2005, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=RedHeadPaleHoser]Next year, they'll have a meal made up of baseball sauce spaghetti with goat patties and a side order of Bartman ass plastic, steamed with an alfredo sauce. =QUOTE]

Or Alfonseca sauce. Seriously, I was dragged to a September game there last year and got to see LaTroy implode during the Big Collapse. Great Fun.

HotelWhiteSox
08-17-2005, 02:38 PM
I was there as well

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8308/image64ce.jpg

Foulke You
08-22-2005, 08:22 PM
I think it was done to kind've put a "whammy" on the Cubs. Perhaps the mystical power of the Comiskey brick is what caused the Cubs to collapse in the NLCS in '03? Hmmm...:D:

whtsx1959
08-22-2005, 08:43 PM
I think it was done to kind've put a "whammy" on the Cubs. Perhaps the mystical power of the Comiskey brick is what caused the Cubs to collapse in the NLCS in '03? Hmmm...:D:
Or the Structural collapse of '04