PDA

View Full Version : Anderson gets the nod in RF: 8/16/05

sas1974
08-16-2005, 03:36 PM
From Scott Reifert's BLOG:

Sox Lineup

Perez, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... Konerko, 1B ... AJ, C ... Rowand, CF ... Uribe, SS ... Crede, 3B ... Anderson, RF ... Garcia, RHP.

skobabe8
08-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Lets go, B.A.!

NSSoxFan
08-16-2005, 03:37 PM
LF Perez
2B Iguchi
DH Everett
1B Konerko
C Pierzynski
CF Rowand
SS Uribe
3B Crede
RF Anderson

Link (http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/)

SomebodyToldMe
08-16-2005, 03:38 PM
WHY ARE THEY LEADING OFF WITH TIMO!?!?!?!??!

Ugh...For real, Aaron did an AMAZING job last year at the top of the order, why can't they put him there with Pods out?

Ol' No. 2

Sox Lineup

Perez, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... Konerko, 1B ... AJ, C ... Rowand, CF ... Uribe, SS ... Crede, 3B ... Anderson, RF ... Garcia, RHP.In place of DYE??? ***???

rmusacch

Sox Lineup

Perez, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... Konerko, 1B ... AJ, C ... Rowand, CF ... Uribe, SS ... Crede, 3B ... Anderson, RF ... Garcia, RHP.

Timo must have the same pictures that Marriotti has.

ChiSoxRowand
08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Good to see Anderson in the lineup, but I'm thinking we should have called up Owens. But then we might not have enough 40 man room for Anderson when September rolls around.

mweflen
YES! With TIMO leading off, we're bound to have a finely balanced offensive attack!

Manager of the year....

:chunks

Stroker Ace
Let's go B.A.!

PAPChiSox729
08-16-2005, 03:40 PM
In place of DYE??? ***???

C'mon Ozzie. This is getting ridiculous.

SomebodyToldMe
08-16-2005, 03:41 PM
I'll say the same thing I said in that other linup thread.

WHY ARE THEY LEADING OFF WITH TIMO!?!?!?!??!

Ugh...For real, Aaron did an AMAZING job last year at the top of the order, why can't they put him there with Pods out?

DumpJerry
08-16-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm sitting in 111 tonight, so I'll get a good look at Anderson. I have only one, minor, question:

WHY TIMO??!!!?!?!?!?:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

mantis1212
08-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Friggin' Timo?!?!

How about leading off with Iguchi for crying out loud?

Iguchi
Uribe
Everett
Konerko
Pierzinski
Rowand
Dye
Anderson
Crede

That's what I'd like to see. This Timo garbage has gotten OLD.

balke
08-16-2005, 03:44 PM
FWIW Dye is hitting .200 in August, with 1 HR, 3 RBI, 9 hits and 8 K's. This could also be a "Showcase". Although, I hope not. Anderson is a heck of a prospect to lose.

the_valenstache
I'm glad I'll be there for B.A.'s debut. At least Gooch will be batting after Timo, so he'll be able to swing for the fences with no one on base. :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
Timo must have the same pictures that Marriotti has.Could be worse. Well....actually, the only way it could be worse is if Geoff Blum was leading off.:(:

veeter
08-16-2005, 03:45 PM
I think Timo hits Radke pretty well. He better or this is just dumb.

mweflen
08-16-2005, 03:46 PM
If you must rest Dye, how about Blum in the OF? Reward the guy for his two hits yesterday!

Nah, let's reward Timo for his clutch hitting and dynamite execution...

These rumors of naked Ozzie photos are really starting to gain credence in my mind...

Tekijawa
08-16-2005, 03:47 PM

I've already used this in another thread.

Flight #24
In place of DYE??? ***???

Ugh, my thoughts exactly. Just when I thought we might field a lineup without any gaping holes......

I can understand Ozzie not wanting to make Iguchi change what he's been doing par excellence - batting #2. But Timo? TIMO?

Must say a lot about Ozzie's faith in Rowand to behave like a leadoff guy.

Here's hoping Anderson busts out, at the very least so that it's a no-brainer to keep him up when Pods comes back and send down the Timo-nator.

jdm2662
COME ON TIMO!!!!!!!!

Baby Fisk
08-16-2005, 03:48 PM
:KW
"Alright already! I get the message Ozzie. Lemme get on the phone."

DaveIsHere
08-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Seroiusly people!!!! why the hell is Timo LEADING OFF, FOR GOD"s Sake.

LORD HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL AS I PUKE IN MY MOUTH EVERYTIIME HE BATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriousl I just got a horrible headache when i saw that, hell and Anderson is 9, he has a better average then anyone on this team!!!!!

EDIT: God help him when he makes those lazy ass one handed grabs, if he drop a easy flyball may he be struck down!!!!

Optipessimism
08-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Watch him go 3 for 4 with 3 RBI's. Then watch the how the next day there is a thread about how much Timo sucks.

akingamongstmen
08-16-2005, 03:55 PM
:KW
"Alright already! I get the message Ozzie. Lemme get on the phone."

DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!! It's time to get a slightly more potent lefty in that lineup. :cool:

Brian26
08-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Ozzie is giving guys way too much time off in my opinion. Iguchi seems to get 1 or 2 days off a week. Dye's out of the lineup now tonight? Come on. And don't get me started on Timo.

kravdog
08-16-2005, 03:59 PM
we are just showcasing timo for mr. allen.

mr_genius
08-16-2005, 04:00 PM

haha

ding ding, we have a winner!

bumptious96
08-16-2005, 04:01 PM
FWIW Dye is hitting .200 in August, with 1 HR, 3 RBI, 9 hits and 8 K's. This could also be a "Showcase". Although, I hope not. Anderson is a heck of a prospect to lose.

Doubt he's being showcased. If he's in a deal he has to clear waivers which won't happen. He's now on the 40 man roster and anybody on that has to clear waivers before being dealt.

dcb33
08-16-2005, 04:01 PM
I think Timo hits Radke pretty well. He better or this is just dumb.

Lifetime Timo is 5 for 17 w/ 1 HR off of Radke, which is a lot better than Dye's brutal 4 for 28 lifetime performance. I definitely don't mind Ozzie playing Timo tonight, however, I agree with others that he shouldn't be leading off.

Ol' No. 2
08-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Ozzie is giving guys way too much time off in my opinion. Iguchi seems to get 1 or 2 days off a week. Dye's out of the lineup now tonight? Come on. And don't get me started on Timo.I agree with Ozzie's giving these guys rest over the next few weeks. Even without a real injury, by now just about everyone has a few mild dings here and there. They're lucky to have such a big lead that they can afford to do that. When the playoffs start they will have an advantage over teams who've spent their wads just getting there.

kittle42
08-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Watch him go 3 for 4 with 3 RBI's. Then watch the how the next day there is a thread about how much Timo sucks.

If Timo Perez goes 5-for-5 and hits for the cycle, he still sucks.

One game does not make or break a player, despite what some people here consistently think.

I guarantee there will be great discussion of how great/sucky Anderson is after one freakin' game, as well.

BeviBall!
08-16-2005, 04:04 PM
It's starting to become laughable. Can anyone honestly say Timo makes a better lead off hitter than AR?

Home run Radke is pitching and we're resting our 2nd best HR hitter... makes complete sense to me.

Ol' No. 2
08-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Doubt he's being showcased. If he's in a deal he has to clear waivers which won't happen. He's now on the 40 man roster and anybody on that has to clear waivers before being dealt.You don't think Timo would clear waivers???:o:

Who, exactly, would claim him?

bumptious96
08-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Rowand, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... Konerko, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ...Anderson, CF... Crede, 3B... Uribe, SS ... Garcia, RHP

this is my lineup. anderson can go to left if you want rowand in center. but i'd rather have him comfortable in his natural position in his first start. anyway you slice it i think this is a stronger line up.

bumptious96
08-16-2005, 04:08 PM
You don't think Timo would clear waivers???:o:

Who, exactly, would claim him?

If you look at the post he was talking about Anderson getting showcased not Timo.

HotelWhiteSox
08-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Rowand, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... Konerko, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ...Anderson, RF... Crede, 3B... Uribe, SS ... Garcia, RHP

this is my lineup. anderson can go to left if you want rowand in center. but i'd rather have him comfortable in his natural position in his first start. anyway you slice it i think this is a stronger line up.

I like this lineup (though I'd keep ARow in Center), but Ozzie has said he is going to use Timo for lead off, possibly alternate with Iguchi, and I'd guess to see Pablo in there a few times though he may be disciplined for his weak defense effort in Boston.

Optipessimism
08-16-2005, 04:09 PM
It's starting to become laughable. Can anyone honestly say Timo makes a better lead off hitter than AR?

Aaron is in an RBI spot. If he leads off then nobody gets on base at the bottom of the order for him to drive in. And if Rowand leads off, he probably grounds out on the first pitch. Personally, I'd rather see Carl in LF and Ozuna DH'ing so Pablo can lead off and Aaron could hit lower. But, that's just my opinion.

kravdog
08-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Rowand, LF ... Iguchi, 2B ... Everett, DH ... Konerko, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ...Anderson, RF... Crede, 3B... Uribe, SS ... Garcia, RHP

two right fielders...interesting concept...

bumptious96
08-16-2005, 04:12 PM
relax...its been edited.

Ol' No. 2
08-16-2005, 04:13 PM
If you look at the post he was talking about Anderson getting showcased not Timo.My bad. I thought you'd lost your mind.:o:

Randar68
08-16-2005, 04:14 PM

Hellooooooo.... McFly......

Anderson would have to pass through waivers to be traded. Good luck with that. Why doesn't Seattle put Felix Hernandez on waivers while we're at it?

The Wimperoo
08-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Timo leading off is pathetic. If Anderson wasn't playing, I probably wouldn't even watch.

SoxSpeed22
08-16-2005, 04:15 PM
*Sigh* Anderson's makin' his debut tonight and this turns into an "F Timo" thread.:rolleyes:

Baby Fisk
08-16-2005, 04:20 PM
*Sigh* Anderson's makin' his debut tonight and this turns into an "F Timo" thread.:rolleyes:
That's White Sox Baseball! LOVE IT! :thumbsup:

maurice
08-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Could be worse. Well....actually, the only way it could be worse is if Geoff Blum was leading off.:(:

Nah. They both suck, but Blum > Timo.

F Timo. :angry:

JB98
08-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Could be worse. Well....actually, the only way it could be worse is if Geoff Blum was leading off.:(:

As a matter of fact, Geoff Blum did lead off a few games for the Padres. He led off a game at Wrigley with a HR off Carrie Woods, IIRC.

Of course, I'm not advocating Blum for leadoff man, but even he would be a better choice than Timo. There isn't much question Rowand should get the nod. Uribe would also be a better choice than Perez. I'm inclined to keep Iguchi batting second. At least Ozzie is playing him tonight. I thought maybe Tadahito could use another day off.

buehrle4cy05
08-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Ozzie has done a great job this year, but he has got to stop playing Timo so much. When used correctly, Timo is a great player off the bench, and he will come up in the clutch if you give him 1 at bat in a key situation. Giving him 4 or 5 AB's per game though won't work at all. I would rather see Willie Harris leading off than Timo. And I stand by that comment.

Edit: Yeah, this is a thread about Brian Anderson, so good luck to him today.

Argalarga
08-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Knock 'em dead, kid.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-16-2005, 06:21 PM
That's White Sox Baseball! LOVE IT! :thumbsup:

so true baby fisk man, so true.
btw good luck brian!

TimoandAaron
08-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Timo leading off is pathetic. If Anderson wasn't playing, I probably wouldn't even watch.that is truly sad. That is like a cub fan saying they wont watch a game if Lee doesnt play. You should be ashamed of yourself.

soxfanreggie
08-16-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm glad to see BA finally up, but why bat him ninth. I guarantee you he's a better hitter than some of the guys on the team. I know you want him to see the pitcher so you won't bat him top 5 or 6...but why not hit him 7 or even 8

FielderJones
08-16-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm glad to see BA finally up, but why bat him ninth. I guarantee you he's a better hitter than some of the guys on the team.

Based on what? Hitting well against AAA pitching? Ozzie has the right idea here, put no pressure on the kid and let him see how it works in the show.

deck27
08-16-2005, 07:23 PM
If Timo Perez goes 5-for-5 and hits for the cycle, he still sucks.

I will guarantee you that will never happen.

Tell me how is "smart ball" smart with a leadoff hitter batting .217? Oops, make that .215

rowand33
08-16-2005, 07:41 PM
I went to the game yesterday. It was such a let down to see Timo and Blum starting. I just had the feeling we were gonna lose (I'm now 1-5 this year because of the B team...)

but I rationalized it as "well, guys do need some time off, and I'm sure anderson isn't even here yet"

but now here he is again batting 1st.

as much as Timo should never lead off, he should never lead off two days in a row.

the leadoff depth chart on our team should go like this:

1) Pods
2) Iguchi
3) Rowand
4) Ozuna
5) Uribe
6) Timo

Now, I'd never want to see Uribe lead off either, but he's still a better option than Timo.

Timo brings absolutely nothing to the table. average defense. that's it. with Anderson on the team now, there's no reason whatsoever for Timo Perez to ever start a ball game. And taht's even if Anderson turns out to be terrible.