PDA

View Full Version : Any Beatles Fans

PennStater98r
08-16-2005, 01:01 PM
How many folks out there are really pleased with the promotion for Friday and Saturday's game?

Who's going?

I didn't have tickets, but I am trying to find some and hope I run across some 100 level tickets at a halfway decent price, but who knows?

Anyway, I started the thread to celebrate the bringing together of the Sox and Beatles - and just wanted some of your thoughts.

Sad
08-16-2005, 01:20 PM
My wife & I are supposed to go Saturday (Sec.147)...

not sure about the pre-game Beatles deal...
may opt for additional pre-game beer can drainage instead :D:

DumpJerry
08-16-2005, 01:24 PM
I am at all six games on this homestand. Looking forward to the Beetles! Let's make King George "Twist and Shout!":D:

A.T. Money
08-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Huge Beatles fan. I play many of their songs on guitar, and hoping that I can get a band together where we can play some tributes.

I'll be going to Friday and Saturday's games.

soltrain21
08-16-2005, 01:28 PM
What is the promotion for Saturday's game?

Sad
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
What is the promotion for Saturday's game?

a pre-game concert featuring the original drummer (pre-Ringo) Pete Best I think his name is... and his big band and what-not...

A.T. Money
08-16-2005, 02:16 PM
a pre-game concert featuring the original drummer (pre-Ringo) Pete Best I think his name is... and his big band and what-not...

Wow I didn't know Pete was going to be there. Is Friday's the fireworks to Beatles music?

Sad
08-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Wow I didn't know Pete was going to be there. Is Friday's the fireworks to Beatles music?

yeah I think the postgame fireworks show is Friday night's game.. I think there's other "Beatles bands" there Saturday too but not sure when/where etc.

duke of dorwood
08-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Going Friday-lived thru Beatlemania-there may not be anything like that ever again.

kninchicago
08-16-2005, 03:47 PM
I am going to Saturday's game. I am really looking forward to hearing the music as I am a huge Beatles fan myself. This weekend is also the weekend of the Fest for Beatles Fans in Chicago.

Palehose13
08-16-2005, 04:02 PM
I have tickets and gave them to my dad and his girfriend. He was actually at the Beatles concert at Old Comiskey 40 years ago. :cool:

VeeckAsInWreck
08-16-2005, 05:57 PM
I have tickets and gave them to my dad and his girfriend. He was actually at the Beatles concert at Old Comiskey 40 years ago. :cool:

That's cool that he saw the Beatles in concert, what's more impressive is that he was there amongst the screaming girls. Back in those days, the Beatles were viewed as more of a "pop for girls" band. At least that is what my GF dad told me. He was all about the Beach Boys back then until he heard "Ticket To Ride", then he became a Beatle convert.

TDog
08-16-2005, 05:58 PM

In a museum in Liverpool there is a list of all the concerts the Beatles did. I saw that in 1965 the Beatles played Comiskey. When I saw this link, I assumed some sort of anniversary of the concert was coming up. The Beatles probably only played for a half-hour, but being there must have been great.

It's odd that Pete Best can be making a career out of being kicked out of the Beatles when Ringo Starr is making a career out of having been lucky enough to have been along for the ride after replacing Best.

jackbrohamer
08-16-2005, 07:01 PM
There's an article about the Beatles' 8/20/65 concerts posted on the Cubune website. Amazing that $5.50 was considered to be a lot for a ticket:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/specials/chi-baseball5-story,1,7789909.story

SpammySosa
08-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I think there's other "Beatles bands" there Saturday too but not sure when/where etc.

I wonder if Rob Gallas and his band will be there.:redneck

gaelhound
08-16-2005, 11:05 PM
My Aunt Maxine took three of my girl cousins to see The Beatles at Old Comiskey. It is one of my favorite family stories how when The Beatles came out the three girls started crying:whiner: . My poor Aunt Max was so distressed!1 She thought they would have been happy. You get it or you don't, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

skottyj242
08-17-2005, 11:13 AM
I will be there Friday and Saturday in my usual left field position, Saturday a couple of my friends and I are planning on settling in the parking lot by ten and tailgating so we probably won't go and see the show because I know I'll be deeply into a game of bags.

jackbrohamer
08-17-2005, 11:35 AM
My Aunt Maxine took three of my girl cousins to see The Beatles at Old Comiskey.

Anybody with a name like Aunt Maxine has to have been a pretty cool person. :cool:

VeeckAsInWreck
08-17-2005, 06:43 PM
I wonder if Rob Gallas and his band will be there.:redneck

Don't they go by the name "Fools On The Hill"? :cool: