PDA

View Full Version : No More Timo, Please!

mweflen
08-16-2005, 12:13 PM
If I have to watch one more game with Timo killing every rally and butchering his routes in left (not to mention the lazy, hot-dog catches), I am going to vomit.

Anderson. Ozuna. Griffey. ANYONE.

Ozzie is killing us, here. Home field advantage matters in the playoffs, and we're going to be in danger of losing it if Timo keeps clogging up the order with his Royce-like bat.

CHIsoxNation
08-16-2005, 12:18 PM
I 100% agree. I have been saying for weeks/months now to bring up Anderson and give him a shot. I would much rather see a prosperous, young, talented, outfielder out there instead of Timo. I don't understand Guillen's obsession with this guy. I really hope Anderson does well while he is up and then when Scotty comes back we can let Timo go.

Jerko
08-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Damn, that thread title made me think he was gone! I would curse the thread starter but we don't believe in curses. :angry:

mweflen
08-16-2005, 12:21 PM
I never thought I'd say it, but I'd rather see Willie Harris in the lineup (and the field) than Timo Perez.

mweflen
08-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Damn, that thread title made me think he was gone! I would curse the thread starter but we don't believe in curses. :angry:

It was a plea, unfortunately. If thread titles could be in deep pink, it would be. Changed it for you :P

Rocky Soprano
08-16-2005, 12:23 PM
I agree, its time for Timo to go!

RallyBowl
08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Anderson deserves a shot, and he is getting it any day now. Am I the only one that doesn't hate Timo? I have never really understood why he gets crapped on so much. I think I have some baseball knowledge, no expert, but I have never really thought he was that terrible. Oh well, I think everyone can agree that BA should get a shot, hopefully he can make the transition and become a key contributor.

Tekijawa
08-16-2005, 12:25 PM
I don't understand Guillen's obsession with this guy.

Maybe Timo and Jay Mariotti have some of the same pictures?

mweflen
08-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Hmm. How to summarize...

This man makes One Million Dollars.

He has an Ave. of .214 and an OBP of .270. It can't fairly be said that this is due to a lack of AB's, either. He consistently fails to execute "smallball" plays such as sac bunts. He hot-dogs it in the outfield. He can't run to save his life. He hits .229 against righties, so even the lefty/righty argument holds no water.

He is useless. Useless and expensive.

At least Willie is useless and cheap.

Frater Perdurabo
08-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Timo has some value to the team as the FIFTH outfielder who occasionally pinch hits. JMHO, under no circumstances should he ever start a game.

Ozuna and Everett also should not see any time in the outfield, either.

So, while Podsednik is out, either Anderson or Borchard (because of his ability to hit for power from both sides of the plate) should get the starts in left. Either Iguchi or Rowand should lead off, with the other one batting second.

Sxy Mofo
08-16-2005, 12:56 PM
This brings up the question however... do we really want homefield advantage?

The Dude
08-16-2005, 01:01 PM
If I have to watch one more game with Timo killing every rally and butchering his routes in left (not to mention the lazy, hot-dog catches), I am going to vomit.

Anderson. Ozuna. Griffey. ANYONE.

Ozzie is killing us, here. Home field advantage matters in the playoffs, and we're going to be in danger of losing it if Timo keeps clogging up the order with his Royce-like bat.

My thoughts exactly. When I got into the game at around 6:30, I saw that lineup(if you call it that) and began ranting to the guy next to me about my disgust with seeing Timo in the lineup and of all places LEADOFF!?!?

The guy of course brought up how clutch he was in a couple games. The standard and only defense for him. I swear this guy makes sure he has the couple clutch hits each year to warrant him a roster spot. Either that or those blackmail pics of KW or JR.

Timo get you ass off this team!

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-16-2005, 01:03 PM
hey guys..remember this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51168&page=1&pp=15&highlight=timo+clutch)

ChiSoxPatF
08-16-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm so glad to see there are many Sox fans as pissed off about Timo as I am. I don't know who he's sleeping with to get this much playing time but its absolutely rediculous. I have never seen anyone get so much lee-way off of one or two clutch hits months and years ago as he has. He can't hit. He can't run. He's mediocre defensively. And he plays 4-5 days a week!!!!

He's fine as a backup. Fine, let him play once a week to give a starter a break but the amount of playing time he's been getting has been absolutely infuriating:angry: . He's a blackhole in the lineup and he can't do anything to help smallball either.

Exact same sentiment with Geoff Blum. They are backups for a reason.... don't play them everyday.

PAPChiSox729
08-16-2005, 01:16 PM
hey guys..remember this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51168&page=1&pp=15&highlight=timo+clutch)

Yes.

I still wouldn't miss Timo if he left.

DumpJerry
08-16-2005, 01:23 PM
So? He won one game for us, how many did he cost us? Last year he won one for us (remember "come on Timo! Come on Timo!"?).

Timo will be gone to open up room for Griffey.

maurice
08-16-2005, 01:25 PM

LMAO! Me in that thread:
Thank you Timo. Now go far, far away when Gload re-joins the team.

JB98
08-16-2005, 01:28 PM
If Timo is in the leadoff spot tonight, I'm not watching the game. The guy should never play more than once a week, and when he does, he should bat eighth or ninth. In the last week, we've had to put up with him batting fifth and first. I don't understand it.

PAPChiSox729
08-16-2005, 01:28 PM

Man, I hope so. I am not rooting for Timo to get the boot, but he really just isn't that great of a player. He is a good 5th OF to have, but with Carl at DH and Pods on the DL, he is now our starting LF. That just isn't good. I would rather see Anderson start. Timo has done some good things for us. But the bottom line is he really isn't that good. Keep him around until we find someone better.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-16-2005, 01:31 PM
So? He won one game for us, how many did he cost us? Last year he won one for us (remember "come on Timo! Come on Timo!"?).

i just said after that game everyone loved him and thought he was a clutch hitter.yeesh.

tlebar318
08-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Timo in the lineup is a wasted out every ninth batter. I still cannot figure why all the back up guys are getting so much playing time. I understand "resting" guys to keep them fresh or the occasional injury replacement but it seems like we play our 2nd string more than we should--just my opinion. God I hope we get Griffey! Also get well soon Pods! We need some other options besides Timo!

Risk
08-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Yeah, after seeing last nights line-up with Timo batting leadoff I got the bad vibes. I remember that Hawk said during the game that Timo was something like 5 for his last 36 or something like that.

The guys has absolutely no business leading off. Anderson was brought up for a reason and Ozzie should play him now.

Risk

TornLabrum
08-16-2005, 02:07 PM
If Timo is in the leadoff spot tonight, I'm not watching the game. The guy should never play more than once a week, and when he does, he should bat eighth or ninth. In the last week, we've had to put up with him batting fifth and first. I don't understand it.

Unfortunately, I'll have to watch the game if that's the case since I'll be there. Come on Timo! Sit on that bench!

Sad
08-16-2005, 02:08 PM
guys has absolutely no business leading off. Anderson was brought up for a reason and Ozzie should play him now.

Risk

yeah I expect to see him playing tonight...

Optipessimism
08-16-2005, 02:12 PM
yeah I expect to see him playing tonight...

Me too, but not leading off. My guess is Ozuna is at SS or 3B.

duke of dorwood
08-16-2005, 02:34 PM
And how can a left handed hitter be so SSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWW

Running to first?

mweflen
08-16-2005, 03:50 PM
At least Blum is pretty sterling on Defense. Timo doesn't even bring that to the table.

I was at the game monday, and my GF and I were joking the whole time about how Timo would kickstart the offense.

Kickstart it into a loss, that is.

FielderJones
08-16-2005, 10:20 PM
The PTC is gonna kill everyone on this thread. :rolleyes:

RowanDye
08-16-2005, 10:29 PM
After Timo "Clutch" Perez's 2-RBI double off Radke tonight I think he would have to suffer a terrible slump in the next few weeks for Ozzie NOT to put him on the playoff roster... :?:

Brian26
08-16-2005, 10:31 PM
After Timo "Clutch" Perez's 2-RBI double off Radke tonight I think he would have to suffer a terrible slump in the next few weeks for Ozzie NOT to put him on the playoff roster... :?:

Even with a slump, this hit probably cements his spot for the playoffs.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-16-2005, 10:40 PM
wow. nice double....:redneck