PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fan Moment #9,885

Hangar18
08-16-2005, 10:01 AM
I was out at Woodfield this weekend, and ready to purchase some
SOX paraphernalia, when a fairly attractive younger gal, cut in front of me,
gabbing on cell phone .....with a cub hat in hand. I asked her why was she
considering purchasing a Cubs hat? She said because she was going to the game tomorrow and needed a hat. I said does she realize they are in 4th place. She says shes been a "fan" since she was 4yrs old, and that her grandparents were big cub fans. I said just because your friends jump off a bridge, your gonna do the same? I asked if it was her first hat...
she said yes why?

She says the cubs were always way better than the SOX. I tell her that actually (at the time) the SOX were 34 games ABOVE .500, and the Cubs were still Below .500 playing Losing Baseball. And that they hadnt had 2 winning seasons in a row since Nixon was in office and that streak just ended last year.
She .....paused and seemed to reflect on that for a moment ..........
then said .......
"the cubs are still way better". I smiled......and let her cut in front
again. ignorance is bliss I guess.

Dick Allen
08-16-2005, 11:42 AM
considering purchasing a Cubs hat? She said because she was going to the game tomorrow and needed a hat. I said does she realize they are in 4th place. She says shes been a "fan" since she was 4yrs old, and that her grandparents were big cub fans. I said just because your friends jump off a bridge, your gonna do the same? I asked if it was her first hat...
she said yes why?

She says the cubs were always way better than the SOX. I tell her that actually (at the time) the SOX were 34 games ABOVE .500, and the Cubs were still Below .500 playing Losing Baseball. And that they hadnt had 2 winning seasons in a row since Nixon was in office and that streak just ended last year.
then said .......
again. ignorance is bliss I guess.Why oh why did you let her cut in front of you? Unless you were expecting some more laughs. I would have sent her to the end of wherever the longest line in the mall was.

Stroker Ace
08-16-2005, 11:48 AM
How dumb can these people be?

maurice
08-16-2005, 12:44 PM
You should have offered to buy her a Sox hat and further educate her by taking her to a game at the Cell. Make love, not war.

:cool:

bennyw41
08-16-2005, 12:51 PM
But isn't asking her the motivation of buying a fourth place team's hat encouraging her to be a fair weather fan?

PatK
08-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Sounds like the dummy is you- for letting a Flub fan cut in front of you in line.

silenceofthehawk
08-16-2005, 01:59 PM
How dumb can these people be?
Yeah, and that girl seemed really dumb too.:supernana:

Rooney4Prez56
08-21-2005, 08:53 AM
There's no way there are only 9,885 stupid Cub fan moments.

Iwritecode
08-22-2005, 12:45 PM
There's no way there are only 9,885 stupid Cub fan moments.

He starts the count over at the beginning of every season. :D:

Mickster
08-22-2005, 01:28 PM
He starts the count over at the beginning of every season. :D:

Nah. We've been stuck on 9885 for quite some time now. LINK (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=114283)

skottyj242
08-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Did she know they were in Colorado yesterday?

white sox bill
08-22-2005, 02:51 PM
she said yes why?

then said .......
again. ignorance is bliss I guess.

Just how old was she Henry?:bandance: