PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Plan for Milkman

duke of dorwood
11-28-2001, 08:03 PM
He's primarily a third baseman but can play a number of positions, including first base, left and right field. The Rangers needed a right-handed hitter because Lamb and first base/designated hitter candidates Frank Catalanotto, Rusty Greer and Carlos Peņa all bat left-handed.

"He's a versatile guy who understands what he can do," Hart said. "My sense is he'll be able to help out at third and first and improve our bench."

PaleHoseGeorge
11-28-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
"He's a versatile guy who understands what he can do," Hart said. "My sense is he'll be able to help out at third and first and improve our bench."

Well ****, if it's versatility Hart wants...

:versatile
"I'm available!"

:fans
"Do the deal, Kenny!"

:KW
"Is that spelled Paul or Paull?"

doublem23
11-28-2001, 08:12 PM
Maybe Pawel?

Isn't this the team that had that guy... what's his name? Shane Spencer that played all nine positions against us in 2000? Or was it last year?

Either way, they want more versatility?!?!? Oh, yeah, Shane Spencer sucks. So do the Rangers. Makes sense.

:)

czalgosz
11-29-2001, 08:44 PM
It wasn't Shane Spencer, it was Scott Sheldon... and it was in 2000. the Sox kicked the stuffing out of the Rangers in that game. And yes, Shane Spencer does suck. So does Scott Sheldon.

danman31
11-29-2001, 11:11 PM
I wish the best to Herbert. I hope he plays a lot with Texas. He is a solid player and he deserves to be on a winner, unfortunately it doesn't look like Texas is going to be a winner. From what I hear though they are going to go hard after pitching this offseason and with good reason. They already got Van Poppel(not great, but with what they have it's an improvement) and I hear they are going hard after Isringhausen. They need starters more than bullpen, but they need both.

Yay! My 900th post!! The 11th to get there.(Jerry, I don't want any stupid remarks about the 900th post and that you got it months ago)

Daver
11-29-2001, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by danman31

Yay! My 900th post!! The 11th to get there.(Jerry, I don't want any stupid remarks about the 900th post and that you got it months ago)

I never even noticed there was a post count till it was brought up to me about a week ago.

WinningUgly!
11-29-2001, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by daver

I never even noticed there was a post count till it was brought up to me about a week ago.
Yeah Daver, they have your name there & everything!

LongDistanceFan
11-29-2001, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Yeah Daver, they have your name there & everything! i hope the best for the milkman.