PDA

View Full Version : Borchard not in lineup tonight

charlotteknights
08-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Just think that it's strange that he's not in the lineup tonight. I know of no injury unless it was a last minute one. Very odd.

MIgrenade
08-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Can a guy just have a day off? I don't really want him here so that's what I'll assume it is.

Unregistered
08-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Can a guy just have a day off? I don't really want him here so that's what I'll assume it is.Maybe the Reds just HAVE TO have him... :wink:

DickAllen72
08-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Is Sean Burroughs playing tonight???

BRDSR
08-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Can a guy just have a day off? I don't really want him here so that's what I'll assume it is.

I think Charlotte might be alluding to the possibility that he's headed to Cincinatti as part of the package for Griffey. I suppose its possible but I don't really see Cinci aching for Borchard. Only way Borchard is a key in that deal is if its because the Sox really eat most/all of Griffey's contract.

He gone
08-15-2005, 07:05 PM
I think the Reds need pitching not outfielders. Joe's probably just getting the night off.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2084/0706051000fl.jpg

Randar68
08-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Just think that it's strange that he's not in the lineup tonight. I know of no injury unless it was a last minute one. Very odd.

"Not in the lineup" and "not in the clubhouse" are 2 very different things. Any clarification?

Chisoxfn
08-15-2005, 07:33 PM
I don't think Borchard would pass through waivers. Ie, he's not tradeable.

Randar68
08-15-2005, 07:41 PM
I don't think Borchard would pass through waivers. Ie, he's not tradeable.

May have already. Why would someone claim him without a deal in place? Sox would just pull him back.

Whitesoxtom
08-15-2005, 09:06 PM
May have already. Why would someone claim him without a deal in place? Sox would just pull him back.

I am sure someone would make a claim just to block a trade.

Randar68
08-15-2005, 09:20 PM
I am sure someone would make a claim just to block a trade.

Once he clears waivers, any team can claim him without recourse from any other team. The initial 48 hours is the only time blocking can occur.

cleanwsox
08-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Could you imagine Borchard and Dunn in the same lineup. Talk about strikeout central. Although a double LTP combo would be entertaining to watch nonetheless.

maurice
08-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Maybe KW put him on waivers, somebody made a claim, and KW made a minor trade. Makes sense to get something for him (like a much younger prospect), especially if they don't intend to keep him next season. It also clears space for the next crop of guys who need to go on the 40-man next season. It also would give Borch a more realistic chance to actually play in MLB again, instead of warming the bench for the Sox after rosters expand.

Optipessimism
08-16-2005, 01:07 PM
I think Charlotte might be alluding to the possibility that he's headed to Cincinatti as part of the package for Griffey. I suppose its possible but I don't really see Cinci aching for Borchard. Only way Borchard is a key in that deal is if its because the Sox really eat most/all of Griffey's contract.

Why? All he said was that Borchard wasn't in the lineup.

That's like saying 'my ankle hurts' and someone else inferring that your ankle hurts because you slipped on a banana peel and fell down the stairs.

Rocky Soprano
08-16-2005, 01:22 PM

That's like saying 'my ankle hurts' and someone else inferring that your ankle hurts because you slipped on a banana peel and fell down the stairs.

Nonetheless its a possibility, thats all he is saying.

professionalfan
08-16-2005, 01:58 PM

LOL :tongue: