PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's game

ASUSOXGRL
08-15-2005, 06:39 PM
Why is it that the cubs are on tv who are like 17 games out of first place and the white sox aren't? I just got back from studying abroad and wanted nothing more than to watch a sox game tonight on tv and now i can't.

HotelWhiteSox
08-15-2005, 06:43 PM
They're on WCIU, are you in Chicago?

downstairs
08-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Its on WCIU.

ASUSOXGRL
08-15-2005, 06:45 PM
no, i know....but the cubs are on csn and i don't get wciu downstate, wish the white sox could have been on there so i could have watched a game my first day back!

Banix12
08-15-2005, 06:53 PM
These TV schedules are made before the season starts so it has nothing to do with standings. It's just the way the clubs and stations planned it.

JermaineDye05
08-15-2005, 06:54 PM
does anyone know if brian is gonna be in the lineup tonight?

Randar68
08-15-2005, 06:57 PM
does anyone know if brian is gonna be in the lineup tonight?

Supposedly not in the starting lineup.

The Cheat
08-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Anderson is only up so that he can learn how to be AWESOME like Timo Perez.

HotelWhiteSox
08-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Nope, Timo is leading off, and according to Bruce Levineline (I know, consider the source), he will spend a lot of time on the bench, and if he does play, he will not bat leadoff or near the top of the order :/

Palehose
08-15-2005, 07:00 PM
No Anderson Tonight...

Perez, LF ... Uribe, SS ... Everett, DH ... Konerko, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ... Rowand, CF ... Blum, 2B ... Crede, 3B ... Contreras RHP.

TimoandAaron
08-15-2005, 07:03 PM
No Anderson Tonight...

Perez, LF ... Uribe, SS ... Everett, DH ... Konerko, 1B ... AJ, C ... Dye, RF ... Rowand, CF ... Blum, 2B ... Crede, 3B ... Contreras RHP.

No GOOCH twice in a row!:?: :angry: :?: :angry:

DickAllen72
08-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Nope, Timo is leading off, and according to Bruce Levineline (I know, consider the source), he will spend a lot of time on the bench, and if he does play, he will not bat leadoff or near the top of the order :/

If that is truly the case, they would have been better of calling up Borchard instead of wasting on option year on Anderson just so he could sit on the bench.

What does Timo have to do to be replaced??? :?:

maurice
08-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Anderson's not really a 1/2-type hitter. OTOH, Timo's not a 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9-type hitter. I say, swap Anderson for Timo, then switch with Rowand's spot in the order. There's no reason Rowand should be batting 7th in this stripped-down lineup.

IIRC, this shouldn't be considered an option year if Anderson is never optioned back down. They can just leave him up and activate Podsednik on Sept. 1st.

DickAllen72
08-15-2005, 07:47 PM
IIRC, this shouldn't be considered an option year if Anderson is never optioned back down. They can just leave him up and activate Podsednik on Sept. 1st.

That is correct. But Podsednik is due back on the 28th and the Sox will probably want Adkins pitching in the double header on the 31st. So it will come down to Anderson or Timo, and if Timo is still breathing, it will be Anderson optioned.

Unless, of course they leave Pods on the DL, but since they made his time retroactive to Saturday instead of starting today, it doesn't seem to be their plan.

skobabe8
08-15-2005, 08:48 PM
no, i know....but the cubs are on csn and i don't get wciu downstate, wish the white sox could have been on there so i could have watched a game my first day back!

Better find a good bar!

anewman35
08-15-2005, 08:52 PM
That is correct. But Podsednik is due back on the 28th and the Sox will probably want Adkins pitching in the double header on the 31st. So it will come down to Anderson or Timo, and if Timo is still breathing, it will be Anderson optioned.

Unless, of course they leave Pods on the DL, but since they made his time retroactive to Saturday instead of starting today, it doesn't seem to be their plan.

Wouldn't it be possible to send one of the starters down for 2 days or whatever? Although that might cause problems with the playoff roster, I suppose.

MarySwiss
08-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Why is it that the cubs are on tv who are like 17 games out of first place and the white sox aren't? I just got back from studying abroad and wanted nothing more than to watch a sox game tonight on tv and now i can't.

Hi, ASUSOXGRL. If you're back in Ill., I can't help you. But if you're in Tempe, get to Skip and Jan's. Great sports bar. Game's usually on, and if it's not, ask one of the food servers or bartenders to bring it up. They'll oblige if they can.

Rudy Law
08-15-2005, 10:49 PM

I wish people would stop worrying about the coverage the Cubs are getting or the lack of coverage the Sox are getting......We should just worry about the fact that the 1-2 in the line - up tonight are Timo and Uribe....whatthe *&^% is that about.......

pczarapa
08-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Its on WCIU.

I wish Directv could work out a deal with them to get them on MLB extra innings, how many games do they get a week?

Palehose13
08-15-2005, 11:05 PM
I wish Directv could work out a deal with them to get them on MLB extra innings, how many games do they get a week?

I have extra innings on digital cable and got to see the game, but it was the Minnesota feed.

Ol' No. 2
08-15-2005, 11:17 PM

Unless, of course they leave Pods on the DL, but since they made his time retroactive to Saturday instead of starting today, it doesn't seem to be their plan.Adkins hasn't pitched much and hasn't started in a while. I wouldn't think he could go more than 3-4 innings. Instead of Adkins pitching the DH, I'd think they'd send him down and bring McCarthy back up a few days early. Either way, it makes no sense to use up an option year on Anderson for three days. They'll keep Podsednik on the DL until Sept 1. Besides, that gives them an extra playoff-eligible player.

DarkCloudDropo
08-15-2005, 11:21 PM
What is Oz's fascination with Perez?

soxjim
08-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Had to go to a friends house to watch the game. It was a twins broadcast. The SOX as a team need to kick it up a few notches.

VA_GoGoSox
08-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Better find a good bar!

That's the thing...down here we're in a deadzone of coverage when the games are on WCIU. The bars that have the MLB package are blacked out, and WCIU doesn't really come in worth a darn south of Pontiac. To top it all off, once AM1000 cuts their signal we barely get it down here. I actually got to see more Sox games when I lived in VA (hence the name, which is regrettable) and had the MLB package.

The WCIU thing really does suck, but at least for us downstaters the switch to 670 will let us hear Rooney and Farmer more clearly.

GiveMeSox
08-15-2005, 11:53 PM

Yeah but he will be back a few days later when the rosters are expanded to 40.

C-Dawg
08-16-2005, 06:50 AM
There's no reason Rowand should be batting 7th in this stripped-down lineup.

I'd suggest using Rowand as leadoff man.

Didn't he really catch fire last year when he batted leadoff? Or maybe it was just a few games, but whatever, just a suggestion.

HotelWhiteSox
08-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Speaking of annoying scheduling, I hate when CSN puts the home game (and better team, in this case) on CSN+/CLTV when the HD users are shafted out of a HD broadcast. The WCIU one was bad enough!

Sad
08-17-2005, 01:31 PM
I have extra innings on digital cable and got to see the game, but it was the Minnesota feed.

consider yourself "circled"...

MsSoxVixen22
08-17-2005, 01:40 PM
First of all what the **** does Ozzie keep ****ing with the lineup?! :angry: Gooch does NOT need to be sitting! Anderson came thru with some hits-you brought him up just to sit on the damn bench?! What's the point? Use Timo as a pinch hitter/runner and put Anderson in left! How are you going to see what this kid has if you don't ****ing play him? Sometimes, I really REALLY wonder about Ozzie! He is starting to remind me of Manuel and that's pretty bad!

SoxFan78
08-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Speaking of annoying scheduling, I hate when CSN puts the home game (and better team, in this case) on CSN+/CLTV when the HD users are shafted out of a HD broadcast. The WCIU one was bad enough!

If you have comcast, I think the HD feed might be on one of the INHD channels. Don't quote me on that though. The only reason I say that is because on one of the INHD channels it says in the description (INHD/Comcast Sports Net +)

I hate when the Sox play at home on WCIU. What a waste of a doable HD game. Why aren't the Scrubs on WCIU anymore. I wonder...