PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Roster Question

chisoxfanatic
08-15-2005, 05:01 PM
It's been a while since we've been to the playoffs, so I need a refresher. Who is eligible to be on the playoff roster? Can we select anyone in our system, must it be soomeone on our 40-man roster before the September call-ups? What determines if someone is eligible to be on the playoff roster.

One thing I DO remember is that a team cannot change their roster until after the completion of a playoff series.

Thanks in advance for the reply!

pearso66
08-15-2005, 08:25 PM
I believe players that are eligible for the postseason roster have to either A. be on the 25 man roster as of august 30th, or B. be on the DL at that time.

I may be wrong, but that's always how I thought it was.

ChiSoxRowand
08-15-2005, 09:33 PM
To be on the playoff roster you have to-be in the organization(includes minors) on August 31st. You have to be on the 40 man roster to be called up.

Ol' No. 2
08-15-2005, 10:07 PM
I believe players that are eligible for the postseason roster have to either A. be on the 25 man roster as of august 30th, or B. be on the DL at that time.

I may be wrong, but that's always how I thought it was.Players on the DL are a major loophole in the system. Not only are they "extra" players who are playoff eligible, but if they cannot return from the DL, they can be replaced by anyone else (I believe they have to be on the 40-man roster). So Frank Thomas is effectively a place holder, who can be replaced by anyone else when the playoff roster is made.