PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be nice to pick up a great defensive player

beausox
11-28-2001, 07:55 PM
I know the last thing we need is another outfielder, but Jose Guillen got designated for assignment by the D-Rays. He is still only 25, has 4 years of MLB experience, and has got a gun for an arm. The only outfielder in baseball who throws better than him is Vlad. Just a thought, he could probably be had for a PTBNL, maybe the guy we get from Texas.

El Train
11-28-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by beausox
I know the last thing we need is another outfielder,

i totally agree... with your first sentence

doublem23
11-28-2001, 08:30 PM
LOL...

Maybe we could just play nine in the outfield... Considering we have guys like:

:walk :kipper :rocked :osuna

on the bump, we have no use for infielders since nothing is hit less than some 300 feet.

El Train
11-28-2001, 08:43 PM
That would be a killer D, but teams might get wise to us.
How can we protect against the bunt? Charge Left and Right Field?

I think we played 9 different OF last year, or did it just seem like it. Let's see... magglio, lee, singleton, valentin, rowand, ramirez, canseco, christiansen, and that other guy makes nine... someone phone this in, we might have a winner

if anything, we'll hafta compromise and put royce at SS

duke of dorwood
11-28-2001, 08:53 PM
:graff

Hey, I shagged a few too

doublem23
11-28-2001, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by El Train
I think we played 9 different OF last year, or did it just seem like it. Let's see... magglio, lee, singleton, valentin, rowand, ramirez, canseco, christiansen, and that other guy makes nine... someone phone this in, we might have a winner

:jerry
I believe I pulled Jeff Liefer's (http://www.baseball-reference.com/l/liefeje01.shtml) name out of the hat a few times.

El Train
11-28-2001, 08:58 PM
thats what i thought, but i wasnt sure. It was hard to keep track with jerry 'pick names out of a hat' manuel's lineups.

Daver
11-28-2001, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by beausox
I know the last thing we need is another outfielder, but Jose Guillen got designated for assignment by the D-Rays. He is still only 25, has 4 years of MLB experience, and has got a gun for an arm. The only outfielder in baseball who throws better than him is Vlad. Just a thought, he could probably be had for a PTBNL, maybe the guy we get from Texas.

Julio Ramirez is already under contract,and he has a better arm than Vlad.