PDA

View Full Version : Ben Davis

soxfanreggie
08-15-2005, 12:20 AM
I've tried looking up a few things on Ben Davis and figured this would be the quickest way to get a response. He's still on the Knights roster according to whitesox.com, but I don't know why they don't bring someone else up in his spot if he's still injured. I'm pretty sure he's gone after this season, right? He's kind of just wasting money with who we have now.

Anyone have any updates on how he's doing. Will the Sox try and re-sign him for less hoping he can show what he did in '04?

StillMissOzzie
08-15-2005, 01:33 AM
I've tried looking up a few things on Ben Davis and figured this would be the quickest way to get a response. He's still on the Knights roster according to whitesox.com, but I don't know why they don't bring someone else up in his spot if he's still injured. I'm pretty sure he's gone after this season, right? He's kind of just wasting money with who we have now.

Anyone have any updates on how he's doing. Will the Sox try and re-sign him for less hoping he can show what he did in '04?

IIRC, it's been posted elsewhere that he had Tommy John surgery done and is out for the year. IMHO, the Sox won't sign him just to give him a place to rehab, but as far as being a waste of money, he'd be getting the $1M for this year no matter what, so that's water under the bridge. Best of luck to him in the future, though.

SMO
:gulp:

soltrain21
08-15-2005, 02:21 AM
I could see the Sox re-signing him as a favor and to be a veteran presence down in the minors. However, not for a million dollars again.