PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 710 in LA slams Sox

Argalarga
08-14-2005, 02:44 PM
I heard this today from the host of the Angels pregame show:

"It might actually be better for the Angels to win the Wild Card, so they don't have to play the Red Sox in the first round."

No respect, I tell ya.

PAPChiSox729
08-14-2005, 03:11 PM

"It might actually be better for the Angels to win the Wild Card, so they don't have to play the Red Sox in the first round."

No respect, I tell ya.

We'll see what they say after we beat them in the ALDS. Then we'll get a lot of respect... from them at least.

:D:

chisoxfanatic
08-14-2005, 03:13 PM

No respect, I tell ya.

That's assuming the Cleveland Indians don't win the Wild Card instead, which could very well happen comparing the two's schedules.

Unregistered
08-14-2005, 03:15 PM
It makes sense for the Angels to prefer not to face the Red Sox. We can say what we want, but they did win the World Series last year. That creates respect.

SoxSpeed22
08-14-2005, 03:16 PM

Do not misunderstand, those are the same Red Sox that kicked their butts in the playoffs last year. The Angels don't want to see that offense again.

hose
08-14-2005, 05:26 PM

No respect, I tell ya.

I don't blame them, the Red Sox can flat out mash. They are by far the most potent offense in baseball and are built to win in their little band box of a ball park. The Red Sox should be feared.

LongLiveFisk
08-14-2005, 05:26 PM
I hate hearing stuff like that but I've always believed the White Sox will not get respect until they show they can compete seriously in the playoffs. Early exits in '00, '93, and '83 don't help our cause. And while I know those teams have virtually nothing to do with this year's team, past experiences do shape current beliefs....

So go White Sox and let's prove to them we can do it this time! :bandance:

chitownhawkfan
08-15-2005, 01:06 AM
I don't blame them, the Red Sox can flat out mash. They are by far the most potent offense in baseball and are built to win in their little band box of a ball park. The Red Sox should be feared.

We all know nothing is more important in the playoffs than mashing the ball. Forget pitching, speed, defense and small ball. In the playoffs you need to be able to win the 13-10 games. Silly Kenny Williams, he should be fired.

ClaudelSleptHere
08-15-2005, 03:53 AM
What about all of the people on this board that are praying that the Sox don't have to face Oakland? Who are they slamming?

Kuzman
08-15-2005, 08:43 AM
What else do you expect from a station that covers the Angels? It's just like listening to stations around here saying that we do not want to play Oakland. I don't necessarily think its them bashing us, but them worried about the hotter team right now.